Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #46  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Jessica, I have a 2012 Cannondale Synapse Road Bike.

http://www.sunshinebicycle.com/new/w...-3-Ultegra.jpg
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #47  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
TripSwitch - I love almost anything with bragging rights... I swear, it was a big motivation to have a non-medicated birth. Did you attach the sneakers to you? Put them on your back?
From what I've seen at this race... some people just tie their sneakers to their race belts and swim like that... and other people try to keep them from getting wet by putting them in some sort of waterproof bag... but from what I've heard that never works too well and their sneaks get wet anyway...

But unfortunately, I don't have bragging rights to this insane S.O.S. race... yet... but it's definitely within the realm of possibility... although not this coming year, because you have to have a qualifying time from a half-ironman within the last year I think... and I haven't done one in a few years... and I'm definitely not going to be up for one this season, since I'm just focusing on getting back into marathon running again for now... actually doing anything longer than short course right now seems a little bit overwhelming...

I love swimming, biking, and running...and I'm really looking forward to a lot of it this coming season... But the logistics and just getting all my gear back together for an actual race is the real hard part for me right now... that's definitely going to be the challenge... But I'm definitely feeling up for it...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #48  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
Jessica, I have a 2012 Cannondale Synapse Road Bike.

http://www.sunshinebicycle.com/new/w...-3-Ultegra.jpg
Nice bike!!! But I'm partial to Cannondale's... I own 3 of them...lol...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #49  
Sassafrass

TripSwitch - yeah I absolutely LOVE my bike!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I signed up for a 42 mile ride this morning in early May. The HILARIOUS part is that it's part of my training for the Tri the next weekend. NEVER in a million years did I think part of my training would include riding 42 miles...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #50  
Sassafrass

TripSwitch - any tips on the high elbow method of swimming?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #51  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
TripSwitch - any tips on the high elbow method of swimming?
Sorry I didn't see this... I always forget to check this thread... I've done a few swimming training camps and one that I liked was "Total Immersion"... but that was several years ago...

But actually the "High Elbow" was how I was taught from when I first started on a swim team when I was around 10 years old... and actually, I had the same coach from that time until though college... so it's just sort of naturally part of my form... But sometimes when I'm just swimming really slow laps I'll make a conscious effort to get my elbow up there and sort of exaggerate the elbow bend before I drive into my stroke... and the other thing that I think about is sort of just letting my fingers drag on the water ever so lightly as I'm pulling up arm as it goes into the elbow bend and before the drive...

Sorry it's sort of hard to describe in writing... kind of one of those things you have to see... But I think there are some youtube videos that show it... they might be worth checking out...

Do you have any tri clubs in your area? Those are usually I good resource... and also Masters Swimming Clubs since they usually have quite a few triathletes on them...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 03-31-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #52  
Sassafrass

Had my first Tri of the season on Saturday...

I suppose it was actually a dualthon. It was storming - I'm talking serious thunder and lightening, and they cancelled the swim portion. We still biked/ran in the storm. Looking back - slightly insane and probably dangerous, but I still got my medal! HA!

No PRs - but I came in 6th in my division and took about 10 minutes off of my bike from last year! I'll take it!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #53  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Congrats SoMuchFattitude!

I'm going to be doing my first try in a couple of years this July or August.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #54  
Sassafrass

100Mother - Thanks! My 5th Tri in total, but 1st for this year. It's VERY addicting. lol
Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

I did a Sprint before and LOVED it. Then a series of life events kind of put me in a transitional place. I'm trying to kick it back in gear now though It is really the only sport that captures my imagination for some reason.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote