Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #31  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

HAHA! Hilarious! This guy cracks me up too!

http://itjustgetsstranger.blogspot.c.../label/Ironman
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #32  
Sassafrass

Alright Ladies! Triathlon season is quickly approaching! Anyone else here trying one this year?!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

I did the Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin Danskin Sprint Tri in 2012. Thinking I want to do it again in 2013. Also want to do one more earlier in season. The xxtra mile people who do Danskin Tri's create a very positive nurturing environment for triathletes at all levels. So somuchfatitude or anyone, I would look for one of those in your area.
Love , love, love to hear about your training experiences and tips. Right now I am trying to run faster, ie waddle less.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #34  
Sassafrass

Junem - I'll have to check that one out!

http://somuchfattitude.com/2012/08/2...gle-it-rewind/

http://somuchfattitude.com/2012/08/1...ies-go-to-die/ - (scroll down to the word "AWESOME" where it's bolded and capped and that's where my tri story starts.

Those are two links to my site where I document my tri experiences.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #35  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hellllloooo ladies.

So! My training has been a big... fail. I was pregnant: I miscarried in early December. Emotionally, I am fine but the morning sickness really threw off everything. I'm getting back into the swing of things but I am 25 pounds heavier than I was before the tri. DARN.

I'm training for my first half marathon (early March). I won't be up to running the whole 13 miles by then but I expect I can do half of it running without issue.

I feel like my training is going well but my eating is ALL OUT OF WHACK! We've had week after week of illness in my house and I know that's contributing to it but I need to shake it!

Since we're posting tri stories. Here are my first two:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...hlon-long.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...hlon-long.html
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #36  
Sassafrass

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

Yeah - I've been totally off my A-game and slacked this off season. I haven't put the muscle on I've wanted, but that's life. I go into legit training in early March for my first tri in May. We're currently looking at doing 5 Tri's this season.

Have a 10k in April which will be good practice.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #37  

Did two runs this holiday weekend. A 5-mile run and a 3-mile run. My pace is so hilarious that most people walk it (14 minute mile for the 5-mile and 13:30 for the 3-mile). I will only get stronger. I have to keep that in mind.

I am STILL struggling with food. I am starting to realize I have to go back to no processed foods. That will be my goal for the month of February (except for a tea party I have planned with the ladies where I know we will eat a ton of scones).

I need to get back in the pool. It's starting to get pretty here and warmer so I think it will be easier.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #38  

I haven't heard from my Athena women in awhile. How's it going out there? Sassafrass? Helllooooo?

Just finished my first half marathon so now I am ready to think about my tri for this year.

I wanted to do an Olympic length but.... My bike is crap! I know it's a poor workman who blames his tools but it IS. And I don't have an indoor place to store is so I don't want to invest the money in a new one until I figure that out.

What about you ladies?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #39  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone... I've never posted in this thread before and I think my Ironman days might be behind me... but I've always wanted to do an off-road tri and just never got around to it... I've basically only been doing trail running races the last few years and actually even did a "baby" Ultra... 50K, which made me seriously reconsider the whole "ultra" thing... lol...

So now I'm just looking forward to some open water swimming this coming season and a few trail races... and I'm suppose to be running another marathon ... but that's not for awhile yet...so I haven't even thought about training for that yet... and actually, I can't even call what I'm doing now "training"... But I am having fun at least...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #40  

I really love trail running (way more than street running) but I'm not fast enough to do a race yet. The cut-off time is just too short for me at this point. I've never even heard of an off-road tri! What a great idea!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #41  
Sassafrass

I'm here! I'm here!!! I started seriously training last week for this season and it feels fantastic to be back in the groove of it all!

Jessica, how was the 1/2 marathon? I hate running. OMG I HATE RUNNING, but I still do it. HA! I promised myself I'd work on my run this off season and did not. My run time is TERRIBLE now. My 12 minute mile turned into a 14:48 minute mile. Good thing I've got 10 weeks.

I plan on doing an Olympic when I get to my goal weight. The bike and swim are not my issue, it's getting my big @ss to run that is. This season I'm trying to place in my division for the Sprints. We'll see though!

TripSwitch - Welcome! OMFG - an ultra?! Where's the "shoot me" emoticon? LOL I'd die.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #42  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
I really love trail running (way more than street running) but I'm not fast enough to do a race yet. The cut-off time is just too short for me at this point. I've never even heard of an off-road tri! What a great idea!
I love trail running too... actually if I could that's all I would do... but unfortunately, there aren't too many here in nyc.... lol... but actually there are some really great ones up where I spend my weekends...

As far as off-road tri's... Xterra is the big series... they have those all over... and then there is a World Championship the week after Kona on Maui... now that would be one race I would really love to do someday...

But as far as a race that I really would like to do someday around here, there is a race called the S.O.S. (Survial of the Shawangunks) which is a race where you bike about 30 miles around some mountains, then you run on trails in those mountains and you swim through a couple of icy cold lakes because it's held in October... while having to carry your sneakers in the water as well because it's point to point... and than you have run basically straight uphill for a couple of miles to the top of a mountain where they have the finish line!!!

Definitely worth some bragging rights if you finish that one...
Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #43  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
TripSwitch - Welcome! OMFG - an ultra?! Where's the "shoot me" emoticon? LOL I'd die.
I thought I did die a few times during that one... LOL...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #44  
Sassafrass

I can only imagine considering I hated my life during my first super sprint and said I'd never do another...and then 48 hours later I signed up for a regular sprint. We're a crazy breed here, I've decided.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #45  

Sass - Speaking of bikes, what's your bike situation? When I did my sprints, I really didn't care that I was riding a silly hybrid with a giant seat. But if I do an Olympic length...

TripSwitch - I love almost anything with bragging rights... I swear, it was a big motivation to have a non-medicated birth. Did you attach the sneakers to you? Put them on your back?