Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

5 miler today per my training schedule...

I am starting to feel like it's true that running and hard training really make weight loss tough. I look forward to the challenge and fun of this race, but have intentions to cut back after it's over.

The hard, long runs really mess with your appetite and your body's ability to let go of weight. But, I'm having fun and enjoying the process of pushing my muscles and achieving new goals.

Happy Running, and lookin' good everyone!

-FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 08-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #62  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas View Post
I did 3 miles this morning. Just a walk in the park to you guys, but fantastic for me :P
Don't say that...3 miles is a huge accomplishment! Good for you.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #63  

Tomorrow I'll be adding another 1/10 of a mile so we'll see how my time and endurance are, lol. I'm gonna be so sad when the weather by me gets really cold and snowy and I can't run outside anymore. Happy running to all.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-16-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 8"

milmin2043 - Congrats on your PR! I am doing my first 1/2 on Sept. 10.

Ncuneo - How is your foot doing? I think I may have hit the spot in training where I am not losing weight. I have been right around 168.2 for 11 days...so either this is just my longest pause or I will not lose much more until after my race. I was really hoping to be near the mid 150s for the 1/2. Oh well, I am not going to stop training just to lose a few more pounds at this point.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #65  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Awesome job NT!

Envelope - 11 days isn't really that long of a stall. Just hang tight and know you can kick butt after your race.

Foot is ok, it's being a little inconsistent which is making it hard to self diagnose after the race it hurt like he** but I took Alieve and a nap and it felt fine when I woke up. It seems to only bother me after running or walking for a long period of time. I bought some additional arch support to wear on the trip since we were walking so much and I might try them out on tomorrow mornings run. I'm thinking 6 miles tomorrow. To stay on track to reach 1000 miles for the year I need to try and be around 20 miles each week and since I didn't run Monday or today I'll need a 6/4/10 to get it this week. We'll see how I feel, I may take it easier this week and make it up somewhere else later.

Oh and more good news, looks like I only gained about 5-7 lbs (hard to tell what's just water) from all my debauchery the last 11 days! Guess working out while on vacation does pay off!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #66  

Well, I nixed the run idea this morning and did sprinting intervals with my almost ten-year old son. I had such a blast. He's become like my little workout buddy. I'm sore as heck but it felt great to get outside again. We've had like a week straight of driving rain.

But I am itching to get back to my regular running. So, Friday I'll be running 3.2 plus 10% to try to add some mileage on...working toward the four miles. Hopefully, I can do without conking out, lol.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #67  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
My running time this morning was 24 minutes (exactly) for 3.2 miles. A personal best. Might not seem like much to the more seasoned runners but considering that I just started two months ago and I'm not exactly twenty , I think it's something to be proud of, lol.

Kidding me...in some places depending on your race size...this could be a placement prize for age group!

My fastest pace is 24min for 3.1!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #68  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Hi all....reading and keep up !

My race is Sunday!

13.1 here I come!

Last year I was still overweight and running and came in 2:29

A few weeks ago I did a fast paced 14 miler and my Garmin said 1:56 for 13.1 so that's my time to beat for Sunday!

Happy Running!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommaplusone View Post
Kidding me...in some places depending on your race size...this could be a placement prize for age group!

My fastest pace is 24min for 3.1!
Seriously? Like I stated previously, I'm a newbie to the world of running so I never really know what's an acceptable time, lol. I used to run track in elementary school and was actually quite good at it. But that was three decades ago so when I picked up my running shoes in June, I was not expecting much. I've still got a ways to go in my book but thanks for the vote of confidence. And good luck on the race as well!

Last edited by fitmom; 08-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #70  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

hey all
havent posted much about my ruinning lately , because frankly, i HAVENT been running, at least not structured..... i got my period back late this spring, and i dont want to do ANYTHING to tip the boat, so... for the first time in my life i am only running when and where i WANT to, not because i HAVE to... its great... this mostly means im just trail running on the weekends, with an occasssional lunchtime run herer and there... and its been ok
Unfortunately, ive had a BIG setback
i injured my leg at the end of june.. it was stupid... i was doing box jumps in my Cross0fit class and i nailed the corner of one with my shin and gauged a big hole in my shin... went through most of my skin and required 33 stitches... fast forward to recently... still not healing, and then i re-injured it in the EXACT same place on the EXACT SAME box, in the EXACT same way (what are the odds?lol) anyway, i went back to the Dr to have it re-stitched, and he wasnt able to, because there was LITERALY no skin left to stitch... but it was so infected that he took a culture, and guess what?
i have a STAPH infection in my leg! Im on antibiotics that are for anthrax LOL and i cant be outside inthe sunlight GRRRRRRrrrr... so there goes trail runnig.... i feel sorry for myself
oh! but i DID get a new tatoo! YAY!! (trying to get some pics attached)...
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #71  
Closet health nut!

Good Lord MK! Sorry to hear that Get yourself well and even though you're not running as much, don't forget about us

I'm super excited today! For one I've already lost 6 lbs of vacation water weight 2 to go and I'll be back to prevacay weight and ready to lose the 10 I gained durning "maintenance". For two my GPS on my phone has been wigging out on me and I finally made the plunge and ordered a Garmin! Super excited to have my first fitness watch with lots of stats to OCD about (my favorite past time). It arrives tomorrow.

Lastly I put together a nice little running schedule to finish out the year and get me to 1000 miles give or take depending on my injuries. I'm pretty happy with it and think that it has enough flexibility and rest to get me injury free. I may through in another 1/2 mary at the end of the year, but my schedule takes that into consideration and it won't effect me either way if I decide to do it or decide not to.

Foot is still bugging me a little bit and I'm pretty sure it's planter facitus just waiting for me to push myself too hard to really put me out of commision. So I'm doing my best to cut back my milage and get that taken care of.

Anyhoo - happy girl today.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #72  

I'm back everyone, I am back!!! I ran 3.3 miles in 21 minutes this morning!!!! I cannot believe it. I used to run track when I was much younger and was really fast and this morning 'that girl' from a long time ago emerged, lol. I'm so darn excited right now. I feel...amazing. Woot!

Anyway, I'm still aiming for my 4 miles in the next month or so which means I realize that my time might slow a bit as I'm adding on 1/10 of a mile. And to think I almost didn't run this morning because I was so tired from my intervals yesterday but I pushed through my reservations.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a nice weekend.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-19-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #73  
Closet health nut!

Damn fitmom! You're one fast chicky! That's awesome!

5 miles for me today. The day could not end soon enough I just want to go home and see if my Garmin arrived so I can play with it. Hopefully it doesn't need to be signed for and I end up having to go to UPS tomorrow.

On an awesome not, ALL my vacation weight was water and I am back down to my prevacay weight as of this morning. It flew off in 3 days! So relieved. So now I can get to work on getting back to my comfy zone of 140-143 and then go from there.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
I'm back everyone, I am back!!! I ran 3.3 miles in 21 minutes this morning!!!! I cannot believe it. I used to run track when I was much younger and was really fast and this morning 'that girl' from a long time ago emerged, lol. I'm so darn excited right now. I feel...amazing. Woot!

Anyway, I'm still aiming for my 4 miles in the next month or so which means I realize that my time might slow a bit as I'm adding on 1/10 of a mile. And to think I almost didn't run this morning because I was so tired from my intervals yesterday but I pushed through my reservations.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a nice weekend.
Well, I am officially not reading your posts anymore, speedy gonzales! Just kidding - wow that's fast. I think you are ready to go 4 miles right now, but at a more moderate pace - like mine, LOL. I ran 4 miles the week after I finished the C25K running only 3 miles for the previous 3 runs. Go for it! Great job!

BTW - I ran 3 miles yesterday (*whispering* in 38 minutes)

Last edited by NTexas; 08-19-2011 at 07:14 PM.
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas View Post
Well, I am officially not reading your posts anymore, speedy gonzales! Just kidding - wow that's fast. I think you are ready to go 4 miles right now, but at a more moderate pace - like mine, LOL. I ran 4 miles the week after I finished the C25K running only 3 miles for the previous 3 runs. Go for it! Great job!

BTW - I ran 3 miles yesterday (*whispering* in 38 minutes)

LOL, speedy gonzales -- that's what my kids and hubby called me. I'm still scared to all-out do the four miles, I have to build it up slowly. The last thing I need is to blow out my knee or something like that. 3 miles in 38 minutes is nothing, I repeat, nothing to sneeze at. That's great time!! Congrats to you.