Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Today I did W5D2 for the first time. I did the first 8 min without much trouble then pooped out with 3 min left in the second 8 min. I really struggled with week 4, then after 2-3 weeks realized my problem was with pacing myself. It became more of a problem as the runs got longer. I started using a heart rate monitor and that nipped this problem in the bud. I really just need to get used to running longer distances.

Today when I didn't finish my second 8 min interval, my heart rate monitor told me I was around 165 bpm, which is the heart rate I normally run at. Once it starts creeping up to 175-180, I start feeling winded and try to slow down. I think I really could have kept going, I just lost my focus. Plus I didn't sleep that well last night and wasn't feeling that fresh. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish it. I'm going to stay at this workout for a few days and let myself get used to running for this long. I don't feel ready to attempt 20 min of jogging. I hope to be onto week 6 by the end of June.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I see that so many of you are above 200 pounds and I think it's absolutely amazing you guys go jogging with all the extra weight to carry. It has to be tough.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Week 4, day 1 today. I took it easy on the treadmill today, doing the 3-minute runs at 10:54 and the 5-minute ones at 12. I hurt my knee doing zumba immediately before and so didn't want to stress it any.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I see that so many of you are above 200 pounds and I think it's absolutely amazing you guys go jogging with all the extra weight to carry. It has to be tough.
Around when I started, I saw a few people post on here that they completed the whole program at 200+ weights. Therefore, I knew it could be done.

Also I just did my second 5k. More than anything I was proud of myself for signing up and actually doing it. Not waiting until I was thinner and more in shape to run a race. Not being afraid that the person behind me could see my bum bounce or worried about being the fattest person there. It just felt good to be out there racing rather than home psyching myself out.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Well, today was my first run after a week off due to a back injury. I last ran last Friday, and I did Week 4, Day 1 then....so I decided to try Week 4, Day 1 today, and couldn't believe that I made it!! Was it tough? Yes, but I made it. It also didn't help that it was very muggy out.

I hadn't been sure if, after a week off, I should backtrack and do Week 3 again, or if I should start back up at Week 4, and just keep pushing until I got through it...I opted for the latter believing the mental "stigma" of backtracking would be detrimental to my drive to continue on with the program. I think, for me, it was a good call. I am glad glad to be back to running.

During my week off, I went and bought some good running shoes, rather than my $20 Walmart cheapies, now I just have to get them broken in.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Hey y'all!

I'm going to join this thread if you do not mind. I started about 6 weeks ago, repeated week 1 because one of my friends was going to do it with me and asked me to restart it with her, she quit 4 work outs later, and here I am 5 weeks after that, still going strong.

I completed week 5 day 3 today -- which I have been seriously dreading -- and I am so proud of myself. I did not think I would see the day when I could run for 20 minutes without stopping. And I just feel so much better every day!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #172  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

No running for me this week :-( TOM is just brutal. Back on track on Sunday!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
No running for me this week :-( TOM is just brutal. Back on track on Sunday!
Haha, I've been dealing with that this week, too!!! So ready for it to be over. Ugh! Running with cramps is awful!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
I completed week 5 day 3 today -- which I have been seriously dreading -- and I am so proud of myself. I did not think I would see the day when I could run for 20 minutes without stopping. And I just feel so much better every day!
YAY!!

Thats what I love about this program more than anything, the progress you see. It feels so good to be able to run for 10 min when a few months ago you could barely run for 90 seconds. It just feels amazing when you complete and interval. This has helped me see exercise as separate from diet, and push me to run on "lost" days.

Today I did W5D2 hopefully I'll be right there with you in a few days .
Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
YAY!!

Thats what I love about this program more than anything, the progress you see. It feels so good to be able to run for 10 min when a few months ago you could barely run for 90 seconds. It just feels amazing when you complete and interval. This has helped me see exercise as separate from diet, and push me to run on "lost" days.

Today I did W5D2 hopefully I'll be right there with you in a few days .
Thank you!! Haha! I know, I seriously love that about it, as well, and I keep telling my friends about it for that reason. Sometimes I feel like a spokesperson for c25k but I am enjoying it thoroughly and seeing myself progress is so worthwhile.

I am going to go to the gym tomorrow and plan to replicate today's success, hopefully it goes well! And I am SURE you will be there in no time! That twenty minutes actually goes by faster than I thought it would. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #176  

I did w5d3 again this morning. Taking tomorrow off and starting week 6 on Monday!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #177  

Today I got outside and did W5D2, for the second day in a row. It seemed harder to do today and It was hard enough yesterday. I was practically jogging in place by the end of it. I'm definately not ready to attempt the 20 min run.

I'm hoping to complete it the next 3 days, for a total of 5x in a row. Then I'll probably be ready to move on.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
Today I got outside and did W5D2, for the second day in a row. It seemed harder to do today and It was hard enough yesterday. I was practically jogging in place by the end of it. I'm definately not ready to attempt the 20 min run.

I'm hoping to complete it the next 3 days, for a total of 5x in a row. Then I'll probably be ready to move on.
It is amazing to me that you do it so many days in a row, girl! Holy cow! I can't go more than two in a row without taking a day off, so just WOW!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 220/215/130

I'm just joining this thread. I actually heard about C25K through this Forum and checked it and started it myself. I'm disappointed to say that I couldn't last the whole 20 minutes and I'm only on Week 1 Day 1. I was five minutes shy. I know I should have pushed myself harder and I will tomorrow. Hearing how so many of you are doing this and pushing yourselfs - I know I can do it. But MAN. . . talk about being completely pooped! ><
Old 06-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #180  

AnonymouslyYours - That doesn't really bother me. It's only a half hour and I run pretty slow so it's low impact. Also, I'm not doing any other working out. The running usually doesn't make me sore, anymore. Though it did when I first started. I did this with week 3 too. I really struggled with trying to move up to week 4, so I did week 3 5x in a row. It was enough to convince myself I was ready to move on. Though I usually have a bit more pep in my step following a rest day.

Also, thanks for the congrats. Going on here and having people to talk to my progress is so motivating! It has definately helped me though some "steps backward" in my running.

Last edited by Scarlett; 06-25-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Closed Thread