Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #16  

Everyone is doing so well! It's my day to walk, and of course, I don't want to. It's very helpful to come here and see the determination and excitement. Very motivating.

Manatee, are you also from Florida?
2BSkinny, great job on the bike and on the graphic!
Jacksonmom, thanks for keeping this thread going. I think it's going to be very very helpful to me.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #17  

Did really good this week with the exercising. But food that's a whole different issue. I think I'm going to have to join WW because I need the accountability. How sad is that , that I need someone to weigh me in and a meeting to go to every week to make me stick with a healthy eating plan. Oh well at least I realize that's what I need. So on Tues. I'm back at WW. But back to my exercising I did 15 miles I have 45 to go. Talk with you later.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:35 PM   #18  

Hi everyone

I was able to bike 15 miles at the club today so that makes my total 26. Going to try and bike another 15 tomorrow.

Racewalker..If you can believe it I'm from Wisconsin. I love manatees tho. They are my favorite animal. My in-laws live in FL so I always ask them for manatees stuff for Chrismas and Birthdays. Its hard to find Manatees around here.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:29 PM   #19  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I had a car wreck!! I am okay, but I am a little banged up. My right knee is really hurt, so I am sidelined for aat least a week...I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old 10-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #20  

Hi I would like to join this group am I to late?
stay focused and have fun!!!!!!!!
rollercoaster
Old 10-20-2002, 02:19 PM   #21  

rollercoaster it's never too late to join. All you need to do is set a exercise goal for the next 3 wks. The challenge ends on 11/11/02. Then report your totals as often as you like.

lodyangel- I hope you are alright. Hopefully your knee will get better soon.

Talk to everyone later.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:53 PM   #22  

I didn't do my walking yesterday because I was having a problem keeping my glucose levels up where they should be. So today, which is a day I always give myself to rest between morning and evening services (Pastor's wife), I'm going to do at least enough to keep working toward consistency. I'm not even close to 15 miles at a time yet (am I in over my head here, or what???), but I'll never get there if I don't make a consistent habit, will I?

Manatees, there is a manatee observation deck by our power plant. They like to hang around where the hot water is expelled into the Indian River. They're awesome.

Lodyangel, I'm sorry to hear about your knee! I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Rollercoaster, I'm the second-newest kid on the block, and everyone is very nice here, so please feel welcome.

Gotta go tie on my shoes.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:39 PM   #23  

Ok I will do weights 3x this week and cardio 6x I am also going to start tae-bo this week and want to do it 3x. thanks for letting me join this should be fun.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:10 PM   #24  
cac

Hi all,

last week I weight lifted twice and went apple picking (does that count?)

This week I have reviewed my calendar and will work out 3 times and do something arobic 2 other times.

How is everyone doing?
Old 10-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #25  

Did 2 miles on the elliptical today bringing my total to 12 miles. Also did weights today. I am aiming for weights 2 - 3 times a week and cardio 5 times/week.

Welcome Rollercoaster. Sounds like you have an active week planned.

Lodyangel I hope your knee is healing well.

Everyone have a great active week.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:54 PM   #26  

Hi All
I just got back from the gym. 12 more mile on the bike so my total so far is 38 miles yeah!!!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 05:00 PM   #27  

I always feel a bit out of place here among those who have such big goals, but I'm really happy to be able to say that I've exercised consistently since I've joined the thread. Soon I can begin working on times, distances, etc... Thanks for listening.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:09 PM   #28  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Racewalker, please don't feel this is a competition among us to see who goes the farthest the fastest. It's purpose is to challenge yourself.

I can't even touch some of these people's lofty goals but it does make me do more than I would otherwise and that's the wonderful part about the challenge.

I've been sidelined a bit with a cold but have managed to get a little bit extra in and am waiting for DH to let me have my treadmill back so I can rack up a few more points.

Keep those doggies movin' in whatever you chose to do.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:25 PM   #29  

Hi all!!
Bike: 21.5 miles
58.5 to go
Walking: 3.5 miles
16..5 to go

Total: 25 miles
75 to go!!
(at least my mileage to go is going down. Wish the scales were!!

Jacksonmom: I'm thinking of WW as well.

Lodyangel: Sorry to hear about your wreck...Hope you are feeling better!!

Manatees: You inspire me!! I am striving for the 12miles on the bike. 6 at a time is all I am doing now. How long does it take you?

Keep it up !!!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #30  

Hi All

I had to work at the gym tonight so I didn't get to work out tonight. I won't be able to workout at the gym until Friday. I'm thinking about getting a bike for at home. I love the recumbit bike(I think thats what its called) I can bike and read at the same time it really makes time fly. I bowled Tues night so I'm gussing that is about a mile that I can add to my goal so that would put me at 39

racewalker and happy2bme don't worry about everyones goals just do what you can. Also the mileage depends on what your doing. I can bike alot farther in a half hour then I could walk.

2bskinny I usually bike 10 miles in a half hour but dh is in my dog house so I was peddling off some stress. lol My goal for the weekend will be 15 miles sat and sunday.

lodyangel how are you feeling after the wreck?
Closed Thread