Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #1  
losing weight not my mind

Thumbs up 30 Day Shred for 30 Days Straight CHALLENGE!

Good morning all! I am doing a 30 DS Challenge for 30 Days Straight and would like some brave souls to join me! Has anyone actually ever gotten through the FULL 30 days?? Well I'm stubborn enough to try and motivated like crazy!!

If you're going to join me in this challenge please make sure you do follow through on ALL 30 days. I need as much butt-kicking as anyone else so I will be here to support you and motivate you in any way I can.

Background: About 3 months ago I started low-carbing and exercising every day, I was doing really well and lost 20 pounds until I fell off the wagon GRADUALLY one week...which of course turned into "I'll get back on track tomorrow" everyday since. I blamed it on PMS and food cravings but I really had the choice of what I put in my mouth and how much moving around I did no matter what kind of cravings I felt. As of 3 weeks ago I had gained back 4 pounds and as soon as I saw that number, I put my scale away for good. It's easier for me to live in denial most of the time. I am going to go weigh myself for this challenge and I will be posting weekly updates as far as that wretched digital number on the piece of glass is concerned.

I have set up today as my "Get Organized Day".
So here's what I'm doing to make sure I'm successful on this challenge:

1. Make a list of your fitness goals and the benefits from doing this challenge.
Here are my goals mine:
-Kickstart my weight loss again
-To feel good about it being summer time again instead of feeling like I can't wait for fall or winter to go back into hiding under my long sleeves and big sweaters
-To feel HEALTHY and not miserable about my body and to get myself out of this slight depression. When I was lost my 20 pounds before, I started seeing a different person in the mirror. I started to feel more "okay" with having my picture taken (only from a distinct angle!) and I started to feel more confident about my body. I WANT THOSE THINGS BACK!
-At the end of the 30 days, I will be healthier and more motivated by my results to continue my healthy lifestyle.
-I will accept that not everything in life is perfect, including me, so I may fall off the wagon from time to time - but I will NOT use that as an excuse to stay off the wagon. I will get back on that darn wagon immediately before it leaves me in the dust!

2. At the start of the week have all your favorite workout clothes clean and easily accessible so you don't have reason to not workout. (Big excuse for me).

3. Have everything else organized for your week so you're not distracted with cleaning, paperwork, tv, etc.

4. Set yourself up for success by managing your time properly. I work full time, go to school full time and will now be doing the 30 DS full time! It's easy for me to want to make excuses but by planning out each day and allotting time for MYSELF - i.e. workouts - then I will only be helping myself in the end. I banished myself from facebook for the next 30 days. It's a huge time waster for me. There are 1440 minutes in a day. The 30 DS only takes 20 minutes!

5. You have to want it. It's all about choices in life. I made choices to eat unhealthy food for most of my life and now I am living the consequences of those choices. I want it so bad but I am going to put that desire into action. As Nike says: JUST DO IT!

I hope you're still with me! If I lost you at 30 days then please even consider doing it every other day because it can only benefit you.

Here's the challenge rules:
1. In your first post please state:
  • Your starting weight (or how many pounds you have to lose till you reach your goal) and age or any other stats if you'd like.
  • What are your goals from doing this challenge?
  • Are you on a specific food plan?
2. Please check in at least once a week with your progress. Just be honest if you didn't workout one day.

My stats:
1. Current weight: 256.6 Goal weight: 135 Age: 30
2. See above - I'm also going to supplement in Jillian's other video Banish Fat Boost Metabolism at least once a week on top of 30 DS.
3. I'm doing low carb

Today is June 20, 2010 - The challenge begins OFFICIALLY tomorrow, June 21 and will end on July 21, 2010.
LET'S DO THIS!!!
skinnyin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in! I was just thinking earlier I'd have to wait till July for a new monthly thread but this is perfect. I've only ever gotten to day 5 so would love to get all the way through.

Stats
Current weight: Don't know will check in the morning. Somewhere around 200
Goal weight: 125

Goals
Use this 30 days to start and stick to healthier lifestyle. I've started over again far too many times.
I'd also like to be able to fit in some of my summer clothes before the sun goes away. I'm on a cycle of 3 outfits at the moment

Plan
I'm starting South Beach tomorrow.

AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Hi All,

I would love to join this challenge. I have been walking for about 11 weeks now and although I have lost 10 lbs.. it was VERY hard. I discovered the medication that I was taking (for fibroids) was hampering my efforts. I have decided to stop that medication and I am steadily loosing weight again. It is a lot harder now that I am a little older. I hate the yo yoing of dieting, so I am not following any specific diet. I have been there done that. I have all the tools to know what healthy eating is all about. I am very careful to eat within my "points" (a throwback from WW) and eating more heart healthy foods, like veggies and fruits, leguims (sp). Trying to stay away from white breads, flours and basically anything that is processesed. We have a huge garden and this is wonderful for healthful eating.

I walk 3 miles every morning at 5:30 with my girlfriend and 6 1/2 miles on sat. morning. Sundays is a day of rest! LOL. We are blessed to have a lovely walking trail that we get to enjoy all of nature and see lot's of wonderful sites each day. Saw a deer yesterday! We even see a heron each morning as well. I think that is why walking is so pleasurable for me. I do about 3 miles in 40-45 mins. So it is also a great workout.

Here are my stats:
•Starting weight 190 present weight 180 goal weight 150...my age is 48
•My Goal in these 30 days are to loose 8 lbs. I figure 2 lbs a week loss is attainable, now that my meds are out of my system. (I pray)
•My food plan is to eat sensible foods and stay away from all junk food. (I may have an italian ice/gallati every so often though)
•I also pledge to drink lots of water each day.

Happy to be a part of this challenge. As my other challenge is ending soon. (Family Circle Walking Challenge)

How To Lie To The Bathroom Scale
---------------------------------
1. Weigh yourself with clothes on, after dinner... as well as in the
morning, without clothes, before breakfast, because it's nice to
see how much weight you've lost overnight.

2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.

3. When weighing, remove everything, including glasses. In this case,
blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget the earrings, these things
can weigh at least a pound.

4. Use cheap scales only, never the medical kind, because they are
always five pounds off...to your advantage.

5. Always go to the bathroom first.

6. Stand with arms raised, making pressure on the scale lighter.

7. Don't eat or drink in the morning until AFTER you've weighed in,
completely naked, of course.

8. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for at least half a
pound of hair (hopefully).

9. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale (air has
to weigh something, right?).

10. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto the
towel rack in front of you, slowly edge your other foot on and
slowly let off of the rack. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's
worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd
stepped on normally.

Last edited by Beachplum; 06-20-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #4  
losing weight not my mind

Welcome AngelD and Beachplum! (I think there was someone else here too but I guess we already lost them!) Anyway, I'm glad to have company during this challenge. Stay motivated, drink water, keep your energy up and think positive! We will do this!!

I'll check in with you all tomorrow night.
skinnyin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

Stats
Current weight: 241
Goal weight: 145

Goals
• Use this challenge to keep motivated and focused
• My Goal in these 30 days is to lose 10 lbs. (I'm more worried about inches and just shrinking though )
• I want to fit into my size 18 jeans that are *so* close.
• I want to look as good as I can for my 3D convention I'm going to at the end of July

Plan
I've been on Fat Smash and have made it through the whole plan, so now Im just hovering around phase 2 of that.
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #6  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

hey everyone, Im in I totally fell off the wagon and this will get me back on track! i totally forgot that i even had the 30 day shred!

stats
Current weight: 257
Goal weight: 167

Goals
just want to make this routine, make it apart of my lifestyle and 20 min in the morning isnt going to kill me..
and i would like to finish all 30 days!

Plan

1500-1800 cals a day
exercise am and pm and at least 30 min a day everyday!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #7  

Hi Ladies, checking in....got my 3 mile walk in and now I am taking the day off to go to the shore! Yippee! I am taking my bike and hope to go for a nice long bike ride, on the boardwalk, when I arrive. (2 hour drive to get there)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #8  
I hate humidity!

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: wee bit under 5'4

Hi Chickies. I totally want to join in. I ordered the set but it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe i can find lvl 1 online for now...

Stats:
Current weight: 211
Overall Goal Weight: Less than 140 (healthy BMI)

Plan:
Eat Healthier (trying calorie counting and cycling)
Exercise Junkie

Background: When I'm not working out, I'm completely sedentary (unemployed, recovering from depression). So I'm trying to workout morning and night, and/or burts during the day to increase my overall activity level. I am incorporating 30DS into my daily routine for variety.

30-Day Goal Weight: Less than 190
30-Day Non-Scale Goal: To be healthier, happier, and fitter, which will keep me motivated and positive on my life reform journey.

"Yes, my scale doesn't lie, but it doesn't tell the whole truth, either!" - Caela

Last edited by Caela; 06-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Caela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #9  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi ladies! I'm in. I managed to backslide pretty badly in the last few weeks, to my chagrin. To re-motivate last night I went to Target and bought the 30DS video. And lo and behold, today I see this post! Let's do this thing! I start tonight.

My stats:
Current weight: back up to 148 (argh.....)
Goal: around 135-137, this was a happy healthy range for me before.
Diet plan: long-term vegetarian, mostly vegan (no dairy). I had entirely quit sugar for a while, but then the backsliding began....so back to no sugar!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #10  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I'm on Day 21 on Shred. Level 3 is crazy fun. Enjoy it ladies!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I hope so as day 1 was crazy bad. Hope everyone else get through it ok.

I'm so disappointed in myself for getting so out of shape that there really is no way that I can stop now I've started. This is no way to live, I deserve better!!

So I'm not tempted to stray from my plan I've spent the evening cooking. I now have a fridge full of SB friendly breakfasts and veggies chopped up for salads for the rest of the week. Hopefully I will end up being slimmer and more organised person by the end of this

Is anyone going to measure themselves to see how many inches they lose?
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #12  
I hate humidity!

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: wee bit under 5'4

I found a copy of Level 1 so I will do it before bed even though I've already worked out for the day.
Caela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/185/140

Height: 5´5

Hi everyone, i just found this thread, i started the shred on 21st so thaught i should join in. i originally tried it over a week ago and had to sit down for an hour to stop myself being sick when i had finished, then i couldnt walk properly for the next 5 days because my quads were in agony and i had jelly legs, not good!

so i started properly on monday, aiming to do the shred for the 30 consecutive days, this time i made sure i was properly hydrated, put the airconditioning on so i didnt overheat and made sure i had eaten an hour before ( ryvita, celery and houmous) so that i had some energy. i found monday difficult but i enjoyed it, i didnt feel sick at all this time, so im blaming overheating and lack of energy for feeling so bad the first time, i actually felt so good at the end of it that i went in the pool to cool down and did 50 lengths (10 metre pool) while i was in there, i think this helped my muscles recover aswell.

so yesterday was day 2 and i did the exact same thing, but i found it a lot more difficult, it felt great swimming afterwards though.

Today is day 3, wish my luck! i am determined to stick with this

stats: starting weight from monday 185 pounds goal 140 pounds height 5´5 age 24. i have also taken my measurements so i can compare at the end of the 30 days.

i follow an anti-candida diet, for my health not weight loss, although it does help with weight loss.

Charlotte X
charlirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #14  

I have a question about this challenge...is there a video that goes along with this? Sorry for being so ingnorant..I thought it was 30 day challenge..what is DS? 30 days straight? I am exercising everyday, 3 miles walk at a very good clip. (6 miles on Sat's)

Hope everyone is well.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #15  
sct
Shy chick

S/C/G: sw167/cw145

Height: 5'-10"

30 DS = Jillian Michael's workout video 30 Day Shred
sct is offline   Reply With Quote