Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #61  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Try runningroom.com and see if they have a store near you. That's where I'm going on Friday.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #62  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

What helpful tips, i was just talking about this to my friend. I started walking and the front of my ankles hurt?? Its so weird. My feet are fine and my legs.
jackiemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 330/330/200

Height: 5.8

Default Walking with Bad knees

I have been reading a lot about the new Shape-Up by Skechers. Has anyone tried them? And if so what are your thoughts?
nicelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/159/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelady View Post
I have been reading a lot about the new Shape-Up by Skechers. Has anyone tried them? And if so what are your thoughts?
Are you talking about the running shoes? If so I have them. I have only had them about two weeks and been able to run maybe 3 times because of the weather. I love them though so far. They reduce the shock on my feet,knees,legs and back and I feel like I run further without getting tired. They also work my calves and legs harder. Calves the most though.
rengetsfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #65  
In the desert...

I just got new running shoes and went to a different running store than the last few times. I've always been told I need stability shoes for over-pronation, but I've also been dealing with knee pain for some time. I just had surgery for a torn meniscus and have been doing physical therapy to rehab it. The therapist told me to try this store as my gait may have changed following the surgery. The store records you running on a treadmill in neutral shoes so they can see if you pronate - clearly, in slow-motion playback, I have an almost perfect neutral stride (no pronation visible). So I test drove (or is that test ran?) five pairs of shoes and ended up with the Brooks Ghost 3, a neutral shoe. I haven't had chance to try it yet as I'm still waiting for the all-clear from the surgeon which I expect next week, but the store will exchange the shoe for up to six months if it doesn't work out (they asked me to try it a few times on a treadmill). The price of the shoe is identical to online so I think it was well worth going to a specialty store and getting their advice and input. Can't wait to try running again!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #66  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, back after a long absence..

So, I'm a walker.

Anyhooz, the $60 Nikes I got last year for my Bday are totally worn out after all the walking I've done in them. All the cushiony goodness that was once enveloping my feet in awesomeness is all flattened and squished away now.

I figure since my Bday is coming up again (damn, every year) I owe it to myself to get another pair.. I found a pair I really like for $50.

Some people are trying to tell me that I can just get some Dr. Scholl's and keep my current pair going to save money. Or that if I REALLY want new shoes, go to Wal*Mart and pay $12 for something there. Are they right?

I want my new Nikes, dangit. *pout*

Last edited by m3rma1d; 05-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/200

Height: 5'7

I bought a pair of Danskin Now - Women's Transcend Toning Sneakers (basically shape ups) for 25 from walmart. I walk everyday and i adore them! I bought a pair of skechers since i love these so much so i have a pair when these wear out. They are comfortable. Definately can already feel a difference in my legs. Day 1 in them was tough because you are basically relearning to walk...just properly. I have a bad back to start with and bad ankles...and knees lol but i can already feel a difference in my back which is great and i feel it in my legs. I feel like im walking on a cushy pillow they are great!
chase1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

You need your Nike's. You need a good shoe store to fit you in them properly. IMHO, I don't think those big dept stores carry shoes that will support you like you need.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

I spent $100 on a pair of Nike Shocks and I can't believe how uncomfortable they are. I just don't know what to get. Whatever I try on in the store seems comfortable but once you get walking for a half an hour or more ouch!
Reenabeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #70  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

reenabeana-I had a pair of Saucony running shoes fitted to me (ran on the treadmill, had my gait analyzed-all of that) at a running store. The guy there told me that Nike Shocks are the absolute worst for running or walking, that they will be a contributor to knee and ankle issues if you try to wear them for running/walking.

I don't know much about different shoes, just letting you know what I heard.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #71  

Any suggestions for non-running activities. Everytime I do Zumba or Sh-Bam, my feet will hurt for days, so I can usually only do one class with several days between. I recently bought new sneakers with arch supports, but was wondering if there was something better out there.
LindsaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 236/187/160

The military I believe uses new balance at boot camp!!!
izzycracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 236/187/160

I wear Reebok real Flex I walk, jog, and run but let me tell you they are not good for moving side to side. I love them other wise. It is a soft land it feels like when I run.
izzycracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #74  

Default Go to a running store

Like a lot of the other post i saw on here. Go to a speciality running store. They will fit your feet to the correct shoe for you! there is a smaller up charge then at a chain sporting goods store. But it is well worth it. Some one will watch you walk, get to know how much you are going to be using them, and then give you the best advice. You will be very glad you did. I was, I was able to find shoes that felt like i was walking on clouds!
Good Luck!
MCGGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Hello! Has anyone tried or heard about the Sketcher's Go Run Midstrike shoe? I am curious how they feel during actual running. I saw some reviews that said their knee and hip pain were reduced, if not completely, gone when wearing them for running. I am only walking at this point, but want to start running soon. I tried them on and they were comfortable, but strange because of the midstrike thing. But I am worried about stress on my knee, until my body adjusts.

Last edited by Mara; 11-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote