Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #76  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Hello! Has anyone tried or heard about the Sketcher's Go Run Midstrike shoe? I am curious how they feel during actual running. I saw some reviews that said their knee and hip pain were reduced, if not completely, gone when wearing them for running. I am only walking at this point, but want to start running soon. I tried them on and they were comfortable, but strange because of the midstrike thing. But I am worried about stress on my knee, until my body adjusts.
I have the sketchers go run shoes and omg they made the biggest difference they are so comfortable I can go on forever I have a knee problem as well and they helped with that also cept now I have to watch I don't overdo my miles so my knee hurts. I love those shoes I bought 2 pair

I had some nikes I bought before those and they gave me terrible blisters after a few miles it was **** the sketchers feel like heaven on my feet after that they don't rub on your feet cuz they are so soft and flexible like a glove just love them make sure u get the perfect size I tried them on and walked a while in the store to make sure I had the perfect one
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks so much! I really liked them, but have never tried something on like them before. Comfortable, but weird at the same time. LOL I wasn't sure if they would feel great at first, but then become painful later.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Go to a running store. Seriously. Getting fitted for shoes by someone who can analyze your gait will be very helpful. Different shoes work for different people.
I completely agree! Even if you don't buy one from there and want to come home to look for better deals online, going to a running store can give you some great info when it comes to shoes! Everyone't feet are so different, different shoes would better for some than others. It also depends on the kind of running you're doing! They're going to be your best source of information! Good luck!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #79  

Really the best thing for running or walking is to head to a running store. There should be someone there that will watch you walk with your shoes off--to see if your feet pronate to one side or the other. Typically this is the culprit for knee pain and other pain when you walk or run. Shoes are very important. You can also get more information on the internet about foot pronation--what to do--and what type of shoes you should be wearing. It's really a good idea to try on a lot of shoes to see which ones will work for you.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-11-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #80  

I really need a new pair of shoes. I went out for a walk yesterday and when I took my shoes off I noticed I had a purple toenail and my feet were in so much pain. I will deffenfitly be buying a new pair and takibg advice from here. I enjoyed going out for a walk and dont want to stop because of the shoes.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #81  
Ilene the Bean

When buying running or walking shoes always buy a half size bigger as this prevents the toes from rubbing on the shoe...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
When buying running or walking shoes always buy a half size bigger as this prevents the toes from rubbing on the shoe...
Very good point--I too buy exercise (aerobic) shoes 1/2 size larger than what I normally wear--and I go a full size bigger with hiking boots--as I wear thick wool socks when doing that.

Black toe-nails and pain are the common denominator of using too small of a shoe.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-21-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #83  

Ilene thank you for this advise I will be doing that. I went yesteday to buy some which I tried wearing today and they didnt work. I think I will be going back for some New Balance I bought some Ascis(spelling?) because they claim to have. Gel cushion but I think the new balance were much more lighter which I think wiuld be easier to walk in
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campana View Post
Ilene thank you for this advise I will be doing that. I went yesteday to buy some which I tried wearing today and they didnt work. I think I will be going back for some New Balance I bought some Ascis(spelling?) because they claim to have. Gel cushion but I think the new balance were much more lighter which I think wiuld be easier to walk in
I like the gel cushion too--but I just go buy those cheap--clear flexible insoles you can get at Walmart--Walgreens and even my grocery store sells them-- (that are really made for heels and pumps) and put them in my shoes. They're so thin that you don't have to take out the existing insole. I just love them anyway.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-24-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Just got fitted for the very first time! I recommend that anyone starting to jog should go through the experience. I've been wearing size 8 1/2 shoes for years. I found out tonight, i have two different size feet. Although I now feel like bigfoot, my runnning shoes feel perfect! I can't wait to run tomorrow.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #86  

I have Brooks also and I love it so much. It is so comfortable and light. It is perfect for jogging or running. I also use my brooks in biking or cycling. I need brooks is good for you also. I have 3 pairs of it and it is worth buying for.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #87  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I think for walk and other cardio exercise a decent pair of Nike will do. If you want to run regularly, you definitely should visit a running store and get fitted for a pair of shoes. I learned the lesson the hard way after running in my Nike and hurting my knee. A good pair of running shoes are invaluable.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I ended up going with Reebok ZQuicks after looking at (and trying on) a lot of brands. The Reeboks were bigger in the toe box and let my foot spread much better.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 AM   #89  
Just beginning

S/C/G: 415/415/200

Height: 5''11

Thanks for the suggestions, pretty much all of my shoes no longer fit or are worn out now.
BestDaysAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #90  
Just beginning

S/C/G: 415/415/200

Height: 5''11

Wal-Mart used to sell walking shoes (with velcro straps) for only 5 dollars a pair, they were really comfortable but I'm sure they've went up now.
BestDaysAhead is offline   Reply With Quote