Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am still hovering around week 2, I can run okay, i wouldnt call it running, more like jogging, but the faster I go the easier it is!
I will be doing it again, I run on the treadmill and watch the clock all the time! it gets boring! but cant run outside, nowhere to run close to home and I dont want to be out bymyself. also a recent spotting of a bear doesnt help either!
I think for me it will be slow and steady for another week2 week and then move on next week, I ahve soem sciatic nerve pain I have to have checked out before I move on
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #77  
slow but in motion

S/C/G: 175/168/125

Height: 5'2''

Howdy. New to this board, but searching around this seemed like a good place to land. I have been running for several years, long and slow for the most part. Did a couple of marathons and a bunch of shorter distances. I am trying to get faster and lose some weight. I think that these things might go hand in hand.

It is great to see so many people running. I also started back in the day with a c25k plan
Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #78  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Slowmo!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #79  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Morning Gang! I can't believe June is just about over, it went by so fast!

I did 7.08 miles this morning around 5:30 am and it may have been my best run in months. It was one of those runs where you suddenly seem to be able to go faster more easily, and can run forever. Had good rhythm and everything "felt right". I went over the big bridge in my area twice (over and back), too, and had no problems at all even though I really haven't been hill training. I think it has to do with all the good base I've put in. Any way, it was one of those runs that give you a "high" and make you addicted to running. I love those!
Amen to that!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #80  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo runner View Post
Howdy. New to this board, but searching around this seemed like a good place to land. I have been running for several years, long and slow for the most part. Did a couple of marathons and a bunch of shorter distances. I am trying to get faster and lose some weight. I think that these things might go hand in hand.

It is great to see so many people running. I also started back in the day with a c25k plan
Hi slowmo, we have some stuff in common. I run slow and sometimes long and have marathon as longtime goal but have yet to acheive... Nice to meet you.

Last edited by kittycat40; 06-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #81  
slow but in motion

S/C/G: 175/168/125

Height: 5'2''

Nice to meet y'all too.

Tomorrow I get to run hills. Two things that I dislike about running; speedwork and hills. Still, I will wake up in the wee hours and do it before I am fully awake.

I used to self conscious about being slow until I came in dead last in a race. Wasn't too bad. I am trying to get faster though because I am on a relay team (ragnar great river relay [so fun]) and last year I was by far the slowest person. This year I will also be the slowest person, but by a little bit less.

So kitty, do you have a goal for when you want to run a full?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #82  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi All, I don't know how many days I have been saying that I was going to do W2D3 of C25K, but finally did today. Run was nice, I can totally see starting the third week in the next few days. I was telling myself to keep my arms lower and go from heel to toe. I tried speeding up a little on my walk and run paces and that was comfortable as well.
One thing I was confused about, I have never really run before this and always learned I should hold in my abs for better form, is that the same in running too? On my podcast, the guy is saying to be loose, so hmmm - see where I am confused, is he talking about your abs too?
I am really enjoying this, however, I have been slacking on my other cardio workouts, in fear that I will hurt myself during a run. Has anyone felt like that? I figure it is a good source of cardio for now and I will add back in the other things in the next few weeks.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #83  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey gang, shall we move to a July version for this thread? We want to keep up with the times, right?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...37#post2249537

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 07-01-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Closed Thread