Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #46  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

arrrrgh havent run since thursday. Still so sick that I am making dh stay home from work to take care of the kids. At this rate I dont think I will get my 20 in before HTC
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #47  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Awww, ennay, sorry to hear you are still so unwell Get well soon!! (that's an order!)

Ran 3.25 miles this morning.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Ennay, sorry to hear you are still not feeling well - rest up!

I ran 6 very sweaty miles today - I am missing those cold January runs, the heat and humidity totally saps my energy.

Looking forward to this weekend...I have a reunion weekend with my college buddies in NYC, and we're planning a short run in Central Park Saturday morning - well short for me these days (probably 3-4 miles). It's so strange to me that I'm the endurance runner of the group now - in college, I was the least athletic gal in the group!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #49  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I didn't stretch properly after yesterday's run - and BOY can I feel it today! Baaaaad girl, Heather. Chalk this up to a learning experience! No running for me today - and not tomorrow either if these legs still hurt - what a stupid thing to do.

I'll do my strength training today instead

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I've made that mistake many times, Heather, and I always paid for it!! You'll be right back on track tomorrow!

Today I ran 13 miles and it was pretty tough, mostly because of the heat. I started at 6:07 am and it was already 80 degrees, with something like 92% humidity. The run took 2 hours and 53 minutes, so by the end the sun was blazing pretty high in the sky and it was considerably hotter. It's about 10:40 right now and it's already 93 degrees or so. Supposed to get over 100 today. UGH! I hate the heat when I'm just doing NOTHING in it, but running in it is miserable. Tomorrow morning I have to run with the cross country team at 7:30am, so that should be kind of tough, especially since I'll still be recovering from today's long run. I hope I can make it!! We're only doing 3 miles, but I run much faster with them so it's difficult.

Things are going well, though -- in spite of the icky heat!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #51  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

ennay - hope you're feeling better, what a rotten time to get sick!

I hear y’all on the heat and humidity front. T-storms kept me in bed yesterday morning, so I went out after work and it did not feel good! Took me forever to do three miles, I had to stop three times to water my dog and walk to cool down a little. I always worry I’m gonna give him heat stroke when it’s so hot/humid, so I slow down to whatever pace he seems to want to go and take lots of h2o breaks. Still, glad I got it done!

I had about 15 minutes to get ready for an appointment at David’s Bridal after we got home and was still sweating after a quick cold shower. I had to drive over there with the AC blasting.

Hope tomorrow is better for am running. Strength training tonight.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

It's so HHOOOOTTTTTT! Oh my gosh! I ran 2 miles and thought I was going to stroke out. I wanted to do 3.2 but there was no way I could keep going. It's 100 degrees and the heat index is 105-110 (depending on who you listen to). The sun is brutal and there was no shade where I was running. Is it normal for this to slow you down a lot? Because it did slow me down!

Lisa - I can't even fathom 13 miles in this hellishness they call summer. Kudos to you, girl!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ennay, so sorry to hear you're sick. Hope that you start feeling better soon.

Yeesh--13 miles in that kind of heat and humidity! You must have felt like a wrung-out dish rag after that. Hope your workout with the kids goes well, Lisa.

So I'm curious about long distance running--when you run for a couple of hours, do you take potty breaks? Frankly, even after running 3.5 miles, I need a bathroom. Maybe that's just a mid-50s age thing.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #54  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

It's not hot here. I don't think we're getting a proper summer this year! Well done to everyone who is running in heat and humidity.

I sometimes need a loo break, but sometimes the fact that I'm sweating more means that I don't need to. It also depends how much I've been drinking on the way round.

I had a really good run today - just over 10k, and faaaaast. My legs feel a lot fresher since I had my little mini break, and I really felt strong today for the first time in ages. At one point I was running under 8 minute miles which is fast for a training run.

I'm still having a relatively low mileage week this week, I'll do my long run at the weekend but not as many of the "filler" midweek runs. I like this fresh feeling!

I've also got a video of my last marathon to watch tomorrow, someone else who ran it ordered one and has lent me a copy so I can see myself crossing the line.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #55