Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Biker Chicks chat-August

Seems like everybody went on hiatus in July!

I got 15 miles this morning, hilly route, about an hour and 10 minutes. First time on the bike in a couple months. Felt good to be back out there.

Who else is riding?

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I did 18 miles this morning - my longest ride so far, and on a lovely route to work. I live about 5 miles away from work, so I did a big loop away from the city along country lanes, then headed back into town for the last few miles. It was so peaceful out there at 6am!

I've actually commuted to work on the bike every day this week and covered somewhere approaching 75 or 80 miles which is a lot more than normal (my car is broken down and the weather's been nice so I've used the bike for everything) and bought myself some pannier bags as a reward, it's so nice to be able to cycle without getting a sweaty back or sore shoulders from my rucksack!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Where did everybody go? The thread keeps falling off the front page I and forget to post.

17.3 miles this morning on the road bike. About 1h20m. It was a nice morning for a ride, but saw a bunch of dead rattlesnakes.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #4  

Hi all--

Sorry, I've been a sketch busy. Hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to report a kind of a success. Two weekends ago, I did a 100k mountain bike ride over two days with a group here in British columbia. It was one of the mose, if not the most grueling 2 days of my life. I swore when I was in the middle of it that I never would do it again. The next day, I was wanting to sign up for next year. How sick is that???? Anyhow it was over the top of Mt. Elphinstone and was quite technical (blue-black runs). I was bruised, sore and bleeding by the end. Epic!!!

Other than that, I've been trying to ride at least 3/week. It's been going quite well.

Hope the summer's going well for all of you!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote