Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Rachel--your first race was a half-marathon??!! Wow! I'm impressed! Congratulations!

Ennay, we're doing a 5K race in Tigard this Sunday. They have a balloon festival, I guess. My DD picked it out. We've never been to this place so it should be interesting just trying to find it via the google map.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #62  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

ARGH! I was supposed to start my first day of the C25K program today and I went down to the fitness room at our apartment complex to use the treadmill and it was locked and there was no one else there to let me in! I'm really bummed, I can't run outside because it's 106 degrees out. I'm just really grumpy because this is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that I've gone to use the room and it's locked, they're not supposed to lock it until 10:00 pm. Unfortunately the manager's office opens after I go to work and closes before I get home so I haven't been able to bring this to their attention! It's so frustrating when I'm shooting for a 5K August 11th!! Thanks for letting me vent
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #63  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Wow!

Great jobs on those races ladies! You amaze me! I on the other hand, let my mental slump lead to a physical one, and now I'm out there huffing and puffing on 1/2 mile jogs instead of my former 3 mile ones. Why doesn't the body have a rewind mechanism that I can set and say, see you remember, a few weeks ago we were running 3 miles easily, why can't we do, say half that and work back up, why am I back at square one? Ah well, I'm back in the groove, however small it may be, and working back up to 3.1 miles again for another 5k in July for motivation. Great job guys, all you racers and C25k'ers... Keep it up!
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisher View Post
I'm really bummed, I can't run outside because it's 106 degrees out.
Hey wisher, summer in Tucson was what finally convinced me to become a morning person. I'm outside between 5 and 7, depending on my schedule. Well, most summers anyway since I'm on running hiatus until about March of next year.

Congrats Rachel.

Hi everybody. Still lurking...

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:39 AM   #65  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yuk, my 10 mile race last night was horrible. I still technically managed a 10 mile PB, but only because my old one was pretty slow - I barely got above marathon pace overall and finished in 1:28:something. I've actually been far faster than that for the first 10 miles of a HM, but I always seem to have bad runs when I do a 10 mile race. I had awful stomach problems so ended up run/walking back to the finish after the first 5 miles, then felt really grotty all night so I'm not sure whether it was something I ate rather than just bog standard runners trots. Ah well, there will be plenty more races.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #66  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

wndranne - I actually am a morning person, however I'm already up at 5:15 every morning to make it to work on time, if I got up earlier to run it would be dark out and I don't really feel comfortable running by myself around the city in the dark! I'll figure something out though, I refuse to just give up!!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

wisher, I hope you can figure everything out. 106 degrees is crazy! It gets to the mid-to-high 90s here in the summer, but I'm lucky that I'm off all summer and can get up and run early but not TOO early. I just did my five miles this morning, but it's cloudy and cooler today anyway.

Helen, I'm sorry you had a bad run, but you're right--there will be lots more of them, and you have lots of successful races in your future. And a "bad" run for you would be a success for most people, I bet! Look how far you've come! I try to remember that when I get disappointed in something with my running. I beat myself up about my slow pace all the time, because I really want to get to a faster "easy" comfortable pace, but I'm still between 11:30 and 12:00. Then I remember that a year ago there's no way I could've even run for 11 minutes straight to save my life, and I'm thankful for how different my life is now!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Did 3 miles this morning, and those miles were MUCH tougher than the 5 miles I did yesterday. So weird how that works sometimes. Had about an 11:20 average pace, and for some reason that killed me. Ugh.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #69  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

I've finished week 2 of the Couch to 5K programme... quite surprisingly worried about week 3... anyone done this and repeated a week?

It's great inspiration for me to read all of your entries about how much or how far you run - at this point, I'm still amazed I am actually moving at all!

Have a great day!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #70  

If you need to repeat a week, repeat the week.

C25K progresses a lot faster than many other programs.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #71