Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default Project You!

I've seen this new infomercial - what does everyone think? Kathy Smith?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #2  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I would like to know also. I have Kathy Smith's weight training dvds. I really like them.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  

I have Project You but have not started it yet. Felt like a kid on Christmas when I got my package - with all the different workouts and stuff you get with the program. If you go to her site, you will see some before and after pics. From the looks of it, it does work.

Slim
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #4  

Kathy is an excellent instructor. I used to hang out at her board on iVillage, and I know she put a LOT of work and research into Project You. Jennifer is doing PY and talks about it in her blog. There's also a thread on the Exercise board.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

I'm not into video fitness myself, but I haven't heard anything bad about Kathy Smith. On occasion I've read articles by her in Prevention magazine - some good stuff in there!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Go to the Exercise thread or video? Either Jennifer? or Suzanne? was doing this at one point...I remember reading lots of posts...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #7  
it's always something

Here's Jennifer's review - http://www.3fatchicks.com/fitness/ka...roject-you.php She did it for the full 12 weeks (maybe longer) and loved it! But then a new gym opened up down the street and she joined. I don't think she'd have had the courage to join a gym if she had not followed this program, because it gave her a lot of confidence in what she was capable of doing.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:39 PM   #8  

I bought this set to use as I was getting back into exercising after my hysterectomy in December. I do like them but I was bored right away. I did add other workouts in place of some of the PY - mostly other Kathy Smith's. I still do them every once in awhile. I like Kathy - I just can't do the samething for that long. I know I did the Slim Series for four weeks and was burnt out from it. As long as I'm rotating my Tae Bo I'm fine though

Rachelle
Old 08-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #9  

I have been doing it for 10 weeks and I really love it. I am really strong now. I think it starts at a good beginners level and you can modify things to get harder (or easier) I still struggle through some parts, but I can't believe how far I have come, plus it has given me a lot of confidence. My one suggestion would be to get some other cardio tapes that are about 30 minutes long because for the first 5 weeks you do the same one EVERY day and all of the cardio tapes throughout have similar moves. If you got a couple more tapes I don't think you could get bored! It really teaches you about building a good rotation and Kathy has a really sensible approach to things. And there isn't as much whooping as in her earlier tapes.
Closed Thread