Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #1  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Default Clean Eating

Could not seem to find anything on this is any one here doing Tosca Reno's Clean Eating prorgam? I am interested in the COOLER plans. As put on a couple over the holidays and need to get myself back on track.. If anyone out there is doing it I have a couple of questions the book is a little vauge on a few points.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

Hey devadiva,
I'm following Tosca Reno's Eat-clean diet. I haven't done Cooler 1 but have followed cooler 2 and sort of follow Cooler 3 on a daily basis.
I've been eating clean for about 2 months and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! I have had the highest success on the scale yet (blame the holidays and not staying clean! and on starting a bit of weight training as well) but I feel and look a lot better and EVERYTHING in my closet is lose on me already
It's a great program and let me know if you have any questions, I've learned a lot over the past while!
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Same here! I am a HUGE fan of clean eating. Ask away!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I'm interested too. I just started about 10 days ago. Dropped 4 lbs the first 2 days but gained a couple back? I've pretty much stayed on plan with the exception of one cheat meal and some glasses of wine. Is this normal? I understand it may take time for my body to adjust. Otherwise I am finding it good. Craving less junk for sure!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #5  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

That book is my diet Bible. Ask away.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

That book is my diet Bible. Ask away.

I did a week of Cooler #1 (details are in my blog) which was supposed to go on for two weeks to lose that last 10lbs and I lost 7 of it in a week. I found that I was too tired to workout and I couldn't. I felt weak and I almost felt sick. Tosca says that the Cooler #1 is a diet for rapid results and she is right about that, but you should only do it for only two weeks at a time, occassionally. This diet are for those who need to drop that last 10lbs or for those who are getting ready for body comps or stuff like that. I wouldn't recommend you do this diet if you are not used to eating clean because a few days on this diet will have you packing on your way to a country buffet.

Cooler #2...so much better. A lot better than #1, but I suggest starting out with #3 to get yourself used to eating clean first. Do that for about two weeks and then go to #2 for weight loss.

Cooler #1 reminds me of South Beach Diet Phase #1, a lot...but they are different. In Cooler #1 you are allowed sweet potatoes because it's a super food according to the clean eating way. In South Beach or Low Carb diets you aren't allowed potatoes. In clean eating you have to follow the portion sizes and that may become a little frustrating (pages 39 in the Expanded Version and page 405 in the Recharged version) and in South Beach and Low Carb diets there is a minimum serving you have to eat / you can eat more than the minimum if you like.

Overall, this diet (I don't like calling it a diet because it's really not) teaches you how you're supposed to eat. There is no diving in, you have to take baby steps with this way of eating. If anyone needs any details about something specific I can answer those.

Last edited by SBD Sass; 01-20-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

wow! I read your post and I checked the book out of the library and plan to read it so I can understand the lingo (cooler 1,2,3)
But, I'm guessing it's eating foods with no presevatives in them... I guess.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcookie View Post
wow! I read your post and I checked the book out of the library and plan to read it so I can understand the lingo (cooler 1,2,3)
But, I'm guessing it's eating foods with no presevatives in them... I guess.
Tosca calls her three diets = cooler #1, 2 and 3. Basically clean eating is eating as close to natural as possible and omitting all white foods like white sugar, white flour (white bread, pasta), white rice and white potatoes. You eat 5-6 times a day using hand portioning. It's all in the book and that's why I say you have to start with baby steps. Start with changing your breakfast first and then gradually move onto snacks and then lunch and then dinner. It takes time because it can be overwhelming and frustrating if you just jump into it like that.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Yeah I find the portion sizing hard..I'm not much a visual person so when say I have brown rice or whole wheat pasta I'm not quite sure what is a serving or starchy carbs..a cup? a half cup? If I follow the one cupped hand approach I get like 4 pieces of rotini pasta lol That can't be right
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

LOL! I always fill up all of the space in my hands flat or cupped. I'm greedy!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD Sass View Post
LOL! I always fill up all of the space in my hands flat or cupped. I'm greedy!
Haha, that's good!
To be honest, I do eat 5 smaller meals a day (will have a tea or a tiny treat if I'm really hungry sometimes for meal 6). But my meal 5/dinner tends to be a little larger, it just always ends up being a family dinner or with other people and it can tend to be a bit fuller than the other meals. Not by much, but it works for me and as long as I'm not eating that meal at least 3 times before bed, I'm usually okay.

SBD Sass has great info. Congrats on your success so far! You look amazing! You should send your pics in to the Eat-Clean Diet website eatcleandiet.com and get up on there! lol
I've only been eating clean since October so Sass will definitely be more knowledgeable!
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #12  
Training for life!

Hi
Thank you all for writing have lost 5 lbs in the first week, This is how I normally eat CLEAN that is but got off track HER cooler plan had me a bit confused and still does I too Like amounts I eat 6 egg whites because I know it has 100 cal ! know small chicken size fish size about how much tuna ect . If I read it right It is a total of 10 cups of vegs for the day RIGHT and 1 fruit some days sweet potatoe Always oatmeal with all the junk in it then I add an extra cup of hot water seems like I get more..... I am always full I can't eat it all. THANKS ALL FOR WRITING
Old 01-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #13  

I love the recipes in her Eat Clean Cookbook and the Clean Eating Magazine as well. If you want to add a bit of variety to your meals you might want to check them out at your local library.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #14  
Training for life!

I will once I get back right now with just cooler ating I need to eat simple and basic it works very well for me .My husband works alot so most my meals are alone so I can eat when and how I want so I prepare in multipules and have salads chicken oatmeal ect all prepared in advace just heat or grab NO THINKING days I work I am a waitress I can take stuff with me NO EXCUSES just got back from a trip and not one slip following COOLER 1 plan so it is possible. I am able to keep energy to work out i do CLX and 70 min cadio kickbox and ab routine daily. Guess I am just lucky.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #15  
Training for life!

Well weighed today 7 lbs down one week I know some is water.YEAH!!! But I have been careful AND DID NOT LOSE ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT I DID for months and am super active { exercise HARD p90x clx ect do total of 2 to 3 hr exercise a day Kickbox cardio ect} and have not been able to BUDGE these POUNDS I put on over holidays and while I was injured for a few days. I am NOW at GOAL again!!!!!! I will stay with this through the second weekon COOLER ONE the switch to two for awhile then on to regular CLEAN EATING which is what I was doing before I gained.
P.S.....I am 57 so the whole having to only eat 1500 to 1700 cal no matter HOW much I exercise really seems to be the case I gain if I DON"T and if I eat more! HAPPY DANCE!!!!

Last edited by devadiva; 01-26-2010 at 11:06 AM.