Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

I did pretty good today... But I found breakfast DISGUSTING! Is there supoosed to have a rancid taste? I am wondering if some of my products were still good such as the oatmeal and the flaxseed. Anyone know where the bad taste could come from?
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Most likely the flax, it is prone to going rancid. That's why you're supposed to keep them in the freezer, or buy whole and only ground a few days or a week's worth and keep in the refrigerator.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Thank you Julie
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #34  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Because also even the weat germ says to put in fridge after pening I think it has a pleasant nutty flavor and the bee piolen when I have had the 1/1/2 teaspoon she [Tosca}talks about in water I can taste the Honey in it!Do any of yhe products SMELL rancid?
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

Sorry ladies, I haven't been around in a few days!

I used to take bee pollen in a pill form b/c I thought it was a terrible smell but I've gotten use to having it in my oatmeal over the past few months. It could be either that taste that you're not used to or the flax was old, or you didn't refrigerate the wheat germ.
But I'm proud of you Flo for sticking to it!

We should definitely start a support group for Clean Eating, this thread is cool with me or should we start it in another area in the forum?
I'm also a member on the Tosca Reno forum and everyone there is eating clean, they've got some great ideas there too!

I've had a bad week myself (TOM) plus work is extra busy and life in general has made me so busy, I haven't had time to focus on exercise or preparing meals for the week...but I'm still managing to eat clean!
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #36  
Training for life!

Hi everybody I STARTED A THREAD UNDER "GENERAL DIET PLANS AND QUESTIONS" I named it "Clean Eating {Tosca Reno}" so we can post what we are doing and eating to keep track so HEAD over if you would like!!!!

Last edited by devadiva; 02-11-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #37  
ugggg.....

Found it!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:04 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

What exactly is the clean eating diet? From the way she describes it, it sounds like stuff I already eat. Though to be honest, it might be portion control thats off for me. Does she have a book?
Hippiechic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

Hi Hippechic, yes there's actually a series on the Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. You can find everything on the books here: www.eatcleandiet.com

Basically, it's eating natural, unprocessed, clean foods and definitely watching portion control. You eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day (including snacks) every 2-3 hours and each meal should have a proper balance of lean protein, healthy fat, and complex carbs. I would suggest picking up one of the books in the series for more info because it tells you everything you need to know about portion control and eating clean. Her newest book is the original re-vamped with new information, it's called The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged, she also has a couple of cookbooks, training journals, a workout book, an Eat-Clean Diet book for men and one for families and kids (There's a whole bunch more than I thought I guess!)

It's definitely worth it, I love eating clean!
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

I bought the book and I will definitely try it. What have I got to lose?
Hippiechic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #41  

Default Waiting on Book

Good Morning, I ordered the clean eating recharged and it's suppose to get here next tuesday or wednesday (estimated delivery date from Walmart) I so am wanting to start this monday but I won't have my book. I have searched and found the actual eatcleandiet web site but looking at all the meal plans I still don't understand what I'm suppose to eat. I know it's eating clean but is it an actual plan like portion size,certain foods and so on? Like so many posters on 3 fat chicks I have been on every diet out there. My latest was trying the fatsmash again. I truly love eating that way but as usual didn't stick with it due to I saw no progress in five days (I know I shouldn't count on loss in five days) I know my problem is I don't stick with anything for more then 9 days but after researching this diet on the eatcleandiet site and reading all of ya'lls posts I think this may be the one I truly can stick with. If anyone could just tell me what to eat the first two days I would appreciate it I'm sure my book will be here by the time I'm on day 3. Thanks in advance
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #42  
Training for life!

Try to answer on my break got your pm
Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #43  
Training for life!

Day 1
meal 11cup oatmeal,with 2tbl bee pollen,2 tbl wheat germ, 2 tab ground flax seed, 6 egg whites .coffee or green tea
meal 2 grilled chicken beast palm size, 1/2 sweet potatoe
meal 3 turkey,chicken,or tuna palm size 2 cups vegtables
meal 4 egg whites with tomatesor 1 cup veg
meal 5 turkey,chiken,fish,tuna palm size 1/2 sweet potatoe 1cup green beans

day 2
meal 1 same breakfast
meal 2 tuna 3/4 can 2 cups veg
meal 3 chicken [ect] 1/2 sweet pot and 1 cup spinich
meal 4 egg white omlette with tomatoes and zuccini 1 apple
meal 5 tilipia with 1/2 sweet potato and 11/2 cup mixed greens

the cooler groc list they gave was Produce...tomatoes,zuccini,cucumber,celery,sweet pot,green beans,asparagus,apples,spinach,radishes,lettue,lem ons
DAIRY..Egg whites
GRAINS..Oatmeal,cream of wheat brown rice
BUTCHER...lean turkey breast,lean chicken breast,bison tendorloin,water pack tuna,tuna loin,tilipia,
NUT SEEDS...Flaxseed

MISC>....water,wheat germ,bee pollen,coffee green tea

drink lots of water or coffee tea nohing else

no sweetner ect.
near as I could figure you could have + to 10 cups of veg a day only lemon juice or vinager for dressing I used MRS dash SPICES avoid SALT
I added extra hot water to my oatmeal after adding the extra stuff because it is so thick I LOVE the oatmeal
I do split the breakfast up by an hour or so between my workout and I do throw in mrs dash and 1/2 cup of combined spinich zuccini inegg white scrambeled with pam[its as big as your head}
YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT and it ill retrain you metabolism!
HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #44  

devadiva, thank you very much for the info. The only problem I will have is I only drink crystal light and I only eat oatmeal if its made into a cookie, which would be a healthy cookie(oats,splenda,cinnamon,egg whites,butter spray) I just can't stand the texture of oatmeal. I can't wait to get my book. I could of bought it at target but they wanted over $20.00 and walmart online has it for $11.00 plus $2.00 shipping fed ex. I'm use to weighing food so I will have to figure out how much a palm size is. I have hands like a five year old so I would be getting very little food. I hope to have great success like you have
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #45  
Training for life!

Well in my opinion that is going to be a problem you NEED to SUCK it up if you EXPECT to see results you have TO GIVE TO GETHOW do you think we got where we are!!! hate to be so hardcore but I AM 57 and have tried and failed alot of things if you can't drink other things DRINK WATER DON"T like OATMATEl eat CREAM of WHEAT of QUIONA LIFE IS CHOICE YOU MAKE IT WHAT YOU WANT...... WHAT DO YOU WANT?????