Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #46  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

On re reading your post this morning I may have been a bit harsh I thought you wanted cookies for breakfast.... BUT this program TOTALLT is getting away from additives and does NOT want thhing like SPLENDA she does have a few types she approves of I believe they are STEVIA SUCANAT and meat portions are about 6 oz at least thats what I used or less. the veggies it said 2 cupped hand fulls five times a day.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #47  

Default I understand

When I first read your reply I will admit it kinda hurt my feelings but I do understand why you said it and I was able to put my big girl panties on and get over it. These days not much bothers me due to the journey I have been on with my dad for the past 3 years. Too long of a story but lets just say he's been diagnosised at bipolar,severe depression and start of alzheimers, to this day we still don't know whats going on. Today thou was a good day. He was able to sit with me and my mom and have a 5 hour visit and it was amazing. Today was a good day so things like what you posted I don't take to heart or least try not to. I am in menopause (surgically induced) and have been for 10 years so I so can relate about nothing working to get this weight off. I guess thats why I really have gotten pumped about this clean eating due to you said nothing worked until you went on this plan. I know I have to give up the crystal light and figure out something to eat since I don't like oatmeal. I'm thinking I will eat brown rice with egg whites. I've been going back and forth on which cooler to start tomorrow. I know cooler one I would probably see some results pretty quick so that would give me the motivation to continue but I also know it is very strict so that is why cooler II looks better. All I know is I want this weight off and I will have to work to get it off. I went grocery shopping yesterday so I have everything for the week I just need to figure out which cooler. Again thank you for your help with the info and that you took the time to reply to my posts. Hope you have a great week and try not to work too hard.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #48  
Training for life!

I hope the program works for you Ii too have been through MAJOR stresses in the last two years lost my father and my sister to long hard illnesses . I am sorry to add to your stress.BUT we also have to STAND up and take care of our self no one else will that is what I finally did taking time to exercise and lose 49 lbs Only we can make the difference in our life and wen we are tired of living the way we are we will make the change. I AM SORRY FOR HURTING YOUR FEELINGS I am so set myself on never allowing myself any excusees I am sorry.......
Old 03-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #49  

Default It's ok

devadiva, no need to apologize I fully understand. I'm so sorry on the loss of your dad and sister, I can't even begin to imagine that kind of pain especially having to watch a loved one suffer. Yes, I have been so busy taking care of my dad and mom plus hubby and 17 year old son not to mention two dogs and two cats that I have put myself on the back burner. Overdue with the doctor,dentist,optolomolgist and many other things for the past five years. The only thing that I have been consistant that I do just for me is exercising. I sometimes am so tired it's the last thing I want to do when I get home from work but after I exercise I feel so good about me. Honestly you did not add to my stress, you gave me a kick in the butt that I needed so everythings all good. You must be so proud of yourself on such a wonderful accomplishment, I am in awe of you. Blessings
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #50  
Training for life!

Good to hear you are taking that time for yourself BECAUSE IF you don't you won't have anything to GIVE sometimes other people don't understand but after awhile THEY GET IT and fully understand, BECUSE you will become a stronger happier person. I hope this diet works for you the brown rice should work great and if you can drink water maybe with a little lemon in it I drink at least a gallon a day, and a few cups of coffee thrown in I USED TO BE ADDICTED to DIET COKE went COLD TURKEY. I GOT SICK AN TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED. {under diet central..diet questions there is another post where we started to keep track of eating}

Last edited by devadiva; 03-01-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #51  

I have been following the clean eating basics for about a month and have had great results.

I have 10 pounds to go and currently am following cooler 1. It has been 4 days, I have lost 5 pounds and feel great! The hardest part is night time- eating 4 hours before bed, I am hungry later but not starving, seeing results so quickly and consistently has keep me going. It was confusing at first but re-read the explanation page a few times and it will finally made sense. It is weird not putting olive oil and salt on everything but it gets easier everyday.

My only concern now is transitioning to cooler 2. I want to maintain my weight and not gain any back. Anyone tried this?

Last edited by betty21; 03-06-2010 at 07:31 AM.
betty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #52  
Training for life!

Yes I have I am doing it and not gaining any weight back after I went to Cooler 2 I continued to lose it a little slower. Do you have the Book she actually does not WANT you to do COOLER 1 for more than 2 weeks although cooler 1 and 2 are not that much different . But in the book I have it seemed to explain a tad bit better.Just in the last couple of days I discovered a big site of hers you might like takes a minute to sign up but its I think toscareno.com its a whole commuinty like this one.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #53  

Default Thanks

Yes I see that you are not supposed to do it for more than two weeks- I am going to go 3 more days and see if I want to go one more week- the results are amazing. Thank you for the info!
betty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Well, I've finished the book and went shopping last week but I'm hesitant
about starting. I've been on the Atkins plan and while it's tough I have lost
weight on it and I'm afraid I'll regain if I eat the carbs.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 AM   #55  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Ya know. I never tried bee pollen. To make things easier, close the book and eat as close to natural as possible and that will mean you're also eating clean.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #56  

Hi SBD Sass, I had pm you but never got a reply so I was so happy to see your current post here. I was wanting to know if you lost the majority of your weight on SBD? or Clean Eating? I have both books and actually did SB about five years ago and had wonderful success of course fast forward five years and here I sit with 22 pounds to get off. I have tried SB so many times and get to day 8 and cave to the sugar monster. I look at your pictures and my mouth just drops open. You look so amazing and have the best willpower and here I sit lost and confused on what to do. I guess I'm asking your opinion on which plaln I should go on. I know SB works but for some reason I just can't stick to it and when I look at cooler 1 it looks like so little food. I just feel lost and don't know what to do. I'm very disciplined with exercise, if only I could be that disciplined with a diet plan. Any input would be soooooooooooooooooo appreciated. Again, you look really really awesome