Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #16  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.thefitshack.com/2008/06/1...-it-wont-work/

Personally I don't think any supplements really work.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #17  
Yes We Can ~Obama

Yes, I've already read that as well as several others. I was wanting to know if anyone here has tried it and what they thought of it.
InnerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/151.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I worked at a place that sold sensa and needless to say we had a lot of complaints that it did not work. If you don't reduce calories and increas exercise, sprinkling something on your food won't work.
NicoleN1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #19  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleN1101 View Post
I worked at a place that sold sensa and needless to say we had a lot of complaints that it did not work. If you don't reduce calories and increas exercise, sprinkling something on your food won't work.
DITTO!!!! There is no magic pill or "sprinkle stuff" that will make you lose weight. It's good ole exercise and healthy choices...LIFESTYLE CHANGE does it.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

Has anybody had any success with Sensa tastants? And are they safe?
lilyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #21  

Just checking to see if anyone is still using this product and if you think its worth the money? Portion control is my problem if I could get that under control I know I could be successful with weightloss.
MrsEwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #22  

Also Checking To See If Anyone Is Still Using The Product ??
Sounds Too Good To Be True!!
SouthernComfort257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #23  
T&A's Mommy

S/C/G: 253/253/180

Height: 5'5"

Question Sensa?????

I was wondering if anybody has tried "Sensa"?.... I just saw an article on yahoo about sensa. I guess you would sprinkle the sensa on your food and it will prevent you from over eating; which i am completely guilty of.

Wondering if anybody knows or has tried it?
Jushave2try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #24  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I merged your thread with others. There is some feedback, not positive though about the product. Hope that helps you.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I tried Sensa back in November, when I began this weight loss journey. I lost 5 lbs the first week I used it, although I also made a major change in what I ate and the quantities I ate. I can't say that I ever got into the habit of using it regularly, but I think it's possible it did help me re-set my ability to regulate my portion sizes. Even though I stopped using it after the first week or so, I have kept going from there.

For me, a lot if it was the idea of trying to be more mindful about what I was eating. While Sensa doesn't tell you to follow any specific diet plan, I did find that I paid more attention what I was eating, and ultimately ended up using Fitday to track my food.

I don't honestly know how much credit to give to Sensa - but it certainly did trigger me to start on this path. I still have a lot of it (I ordered a few months up front) and I think that it's possible I might try it again, when I feel like I'm struggling with staying on my weight loss plan. It worked to get me on track once, so why not try it again if/when I feel like I could use some help!

The one thing I would caution is that the free trial is not really free - if you don't return the product within 30 days, you will get billed for full price. I think that's an issue with their marketing, but not necessarily with the product itself. Also, if you google, you may find a promo code - I used one and got 15% off my order.

Overall, I don't think there is anything unhealthy about the product. I can't say that I swear by it or heartily recommend it or something like that because I didn't use it that long. And I don't think the product itself makes you lose weight - it still comes down to making good choices about the kinds of foods you eat and how much of it you eat. But I did find it helpful to get me to a place where I was making better choices and it's possible that others might too.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #26  
Pricess of pooch

S/C/G: 164/147/120

Height: 5'2

Hi All,

I am actually writing a full product review of SENSA. I bought a 3 month supply of the product last week and am logging impressions, weight loss and changes in lifestyle and appetite. I was wondering if anyone had anything else they wanted me to look into?

One thing I did notice immediately is that yes, I did feel full faster and was able to push my plate away from me. In addition, i have noticed that I am not craving sweets nearly as much as I have in the past. Then again, that could be due to the placebo effect.

Major downfall so far: It looks really weird in resturants to take this shaker out of my purse. My family and friends know what I'm doing, but when i go on a date or am eating lunch with my work collegues I blow off their , "what the **** is that stuff" questions by saying..."Um...I'm doing a product review." That works for me because I often review products, but i don't know how well that would for anyone else.

Some quick information on Hirsch's Study:

Methods: Over a six-month period, the overweight or obese subjects sprinkled a variety of savory or sweet tastant crystals onto their food prior to mandiculation. Pre and post study weights were obtained and compared to one hundred nontreated controls.

Results: One thousand four hundred and thirty-six patients (87.4% female, 12.6% male) with an average initial weight of 208 pounds, and BMI of 34.2, completed this study. The average weight loss was 30.5 pounds, 5.0 BMI, versus control of 2 pounds, 0.3 BMI (p < 0.05).

It does make me a little skeptical that his study was not fully peer reviewed, but it does appear well controlled. So, we'll see.

Last edited by scintillaa; 04-05-2010 at 04:01 PM.
scintillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/193/140

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Methods: Over a six-month period, the overweight or obese subjects sprinkled a variety of savory or sweet tastant crystals onto their food prior to mandiculation. Pre and post study weights were obtained and compared to one hundred nontreated controls.

Results: One thousand four hundred and thirty-six patients (87.4% female, 12.6% male) with an average initial weight of 208 pounds, and BMI of 34.2, completed this study. The average weight loss was 30.5 pounds, 5.0 BMI, versus control of 2 pounds, 0.3 BMI (p < 0.05).

It does make me a little skeptical that his study was not fully peer reviewed, but it does appear well controlled. So, we'll see.
what makes me suspicious is that it does not mention how many participants were in the study. 1436 participants lost weight out of how many total??? Notice it does not mention the total number of participants anywhere, although on one site i read that there were 4,000. if that were true, it is a lot less than 100% success!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #28  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Sensa...does it work?

It sounds too good to be true and it probably is, but I was curious if anyone has tried it, just out of curiosity. Thanks!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #29  

Default Sensa?

Saw a blurb about Sensa and thought - Too good to be true!

Then I thought of that saying if it seems too good to be true, it probably is...

Oh. I can't post links.... so google Sensa?

So I thought I'd put it out there. Anyone tried it? It would address my problem for sure, but crystals telling the brain to stop eating?? Really??

Sigh.
emsash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 346/308/199

Height: 5'10"

My Mother in law told me about it when she started using it a few months ago. I haven't heard anything since, so I doubt it works.
Cherry in STL is offline   Reply With Quote