Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #46  
CRA

ok, I said I would be back after 2 weeks but I couldn't wait.

I have no idea if this will work for anyone else, but it sure is working for me.

Over the last year, I had really put on some weight. My doctor said it was my thyroid (that is a whole other story) but anything he suggestion did nothing to help my weight except make me gain especially in the middle. I had never had weight gain in one area before in my whole life and no matter what my size was, I always had a waistline....until a year ago.

I had tried different supplements and teas to help, went for walks and climbed stairs to not much change. I do admit that I didn't do a whole lot of those things because after a week and no results I usually quit.

I really have no idea why this simple 7 minutes a day has made such a difference but it has.

After only one week, I have lost inches. The reason I know is there is a pair of jeans that I try on that I used to wear and there was a 2 inch gap at the waist between the buttons. I would pull and pull and I couldn't get them anywhere close to buttoned.

Yesterday, I got them all the way on and buttoned while standing. Now, they are still too tight to wear but just getting them on and buttoned was a big deal for me.

I do my official measuring tomorrow so will let you all know the total after 1 week.

My husband started the day after me and he says his slacks are loose in the waist. I've notice it in his face, as well.

I'm not doing anything extra either, no other exercises, no supplements, not really watching calories except for how she suggests in the 7 Secrets.
I have to keep this really simple because otherwise, I don't stick with diet and exercise programs at all.

Just an update. Good luck to everyone in whatever you all are doing.

Last edited by CRA; 07-05-2007 at 11:39 AM.
CRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #47  
It's MY Life

Hi, Haven't posted on 3FC for a LONG time, but was glad to find this website. I ordered the SS about 3 weeks ago and have been doing it for about a week and a half. I couldn't wait the 2 weeks to measure myself -- I'm too impatient, plus I felt like my shorts were getting looser. Now mind you, I have quite a few inches to lose, but in one week of doing SS I lost a total of 8 1/2 inches. Some places were just a 1/4 to 1/2, but in my waist (where I really need it the most) I lost 1 3/4. I haven't changed anything else about my lifestyle. My muscles are really out of shape and these exercises make me SORE, so they must be doing something.
I also bought the Upper and Lower body workouts with the Abondia breathing (which is if you ever did the Body Flex with the bar, the same breathing). I tried to do both the regular SS workout and the Upper back to back yesterday and wimped out half way through the 2nd workout. Who would have thought standing still was so tough. Anyway, I am very encouraged by the results and it motivated me to keep going another week. Her nattering while you are doing the routine is kind of annoying, but I just turn the sound off and listen to my IPOD. I also find myself doing the the lower routine for legs/butt every now and then throughout the day for a few seconds here and there.
Hope this input helps everyone and I'll be back to see how everyone is doing.
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #48  

I've been very tempted to order Shapely Secrets, but decided to do a little internet research first, too. A couple of people have mentioned the Wikipedia article on isometrics, and it's a very good place to start.

At the bottom of the article are links to several public domain books on isometrics that, I'll just bet, are pretty much the same material covered in Shapely Secrets.

One of them is called How to Exercise Without Moving a Muscle. Gee, sound familiar? You can download it by going to: http://www.transformetrics.com/isome...-a-muscle.html
I'm going to give it a two week try and then you know what happens. Anybody else game?
His Wife Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #49  
CRA

ok, here it is, my first week results. I lost a total of 7 inches after just one week. The most dramatic was in my waistline: 2.5 inches, .5 of an inch in my hips, 1 inch arm and 3 inches in my left thigh.

The scale didn't change at all. I was skeptical about measuring because you can hold the tape measurer at a different place or hold it tighter or looser so even though I like the inch loss I measured and I tried real hard to do it exactly the same, how I really know I lost those inches is like what I posted before.

Jeans I could not at all get buttoned even with pulling and pulling, I can now get on and buttoned. There is also a dress that I've been trying to fit into. The zipper is getting closer so I will try it again next week.

It isn't just the simple 7 minute workout she takes you through on the video that I like. I like how she gives you all the other simple tools too. I need something like this to keep me going or otherwise, I know me, I'd quit. It has to be simple and easy to follow and short.

So now I am motivated to do week two and see how I do. My husband started a day after me so I we will be measuring him and see how he did.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Just joined this..I love it..Going to get the Shapely Secrets and we will see...
I have 30+ pounds to lose..The Dr. has blamed the weight gain on my malfuntioned thyroid..But wont suggest anything to help take the weight off. He did tell me........"these things happen when you get older"!.......
Im glad i found others in this support community to turn to..
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

Southernsky, your doctor sounds just like mine... makes me wonder why I bother paying him. Your doctor wouldn't happen to be in Orlando, would he? If not, mebbe he's just his evil twin...
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #52  

Loriannc..
Its terrible that the DR.s we have are so insensitive...Mine is in Arkansas..Could be the "evil twin" though..EEEEWWWW!!!..lol
Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #53  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/105/100

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA View Post

It isn't just the simple 7 minute workout she takes you through on the video that I like. I like how she gives you all the other simple tools too. I need something like this to keep me going or otherwise, I know me, I'd quit. It has to be simple and easy to follow and short.

So now I am motivated to do week two and see how I do. My husband started a day after me so I we will be measuring him and see how he did.
What other tools?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #54  

Southernsky -

When I saw my endocrinologist for the first time before I had my biopsy (who, BTW, was featured in "Orlando" magazine's "Best Doctors 2007" issue) I asked him about diet... more protein, more fiber, what... give me some guidance here... Since this thyroid thing reared it's ugly head about 8 months ago I've packed on 55 lbs and have blown up like a blow fish... He tells me to wait till after we have the biopsy results back and we'll work it all out then. This sounds reasonable to me, so I go on, thinking we're gonna get on track after this. WRONG!!! I come back, he gives me the biopsy results, tells me he's gonna put me on Synthroid to see if it will shrink my thyroid, and to come back in 6 months. I say "Well what about diet?" He tells me (get this!) "I don't deal with obesity issues". EXCUSE ME??? EXCUSE ME??? Last I checked, thyroid issues affect metabolism, which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES, and blood sugar disorders affect metabolism which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES and both of these are things that endocrinologists are supposedly dealing with... so where does he get off with "I don't deal with obesity issues" and "I never had much luck with it". Lordy, if he's one of Orlando's best... Houston, we've got a problem. I'm going my own way and doing my own thing, 'cause he sure was no help (of course, when I lose a boatload of weight, he'll wanna score credit for it) When he asks how I did it, my answer will be "There's no point in sharing the information with you... you don't deal in obesity issues, and will obviously have no luck with my program".
Old 07-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #55  
CRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
What other tools?
The booklet to keep track of your progress, the booklet with the 7 secrets, the wall chart so you can see your progress, the inspirational CD about small steps, big progress.....those tools that come with the program.

Also, I didn't come in here and post how my husband did. He lost 3 pounds and 4 inches total from the arm, thigh, waist and hip.

He didn't lose as many inches as me and I told him I think it is because for those 7 minutes, when she says tense whatever group you are on, I really tense it hard. I figure, I can do anything for 25 second increments especially if it means I am a size smaller in only 2 weeks.

I had some new slacks I just bought that fit me fine and they are now after only 1.5 weeks, too big. I'm taking them back today.

Those jeans that I couldn't even get buttoned before, I reported earlier I got buttoned but were still too tight. Well, I can wear them now.

I have to tell you, after the last year of trying to lose this weight, I am really amazed at the progress. I really haven't changed me diet that much at all.

Just doing the secrets............which I find easy to incorporate into my life.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #56  
CRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriannc View Post
Southernsky -

When I saw my endocrinologist for the first time before I had my biopsy (who, BTW, was featured in "Orlando" magazine's "Best Doctors 2007" issue) I asked him about diet... more protein, more fiber, what... give me some guidance here... Since this thyroid thing reared it's ugly head about 8 months ago I've packed on 55 lbs and have blown up like a blow fish... He tells me to wait till after we have the biopsy results back and we'll work it all out then. This sounds reasonable to me, so I go on, thinking we're gonna get on track after this. WRONG!!! I come back, he gives me the biopsy results, tells me he's gonna put me on Synthroid to see if it will shrink my thyroid, and to come back in 6 months. I say "Well what about diet?" He tells me (get this!) "I don't deal with obesity issues". EXCUSE ME??? EXCUSE ME??? Last I checked, thyroid issues affect metabolism, which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES, and blood sugar disorders affect metabolism which are linked to WEIGHT ISSUES and both of these are things that endocrinologists are supposedly dealing with... so where does he get off with "I don't deal with obesity issues" and "I never had much luck with it". Lordy, if he's one of Orlando's best... Houston, we've got a problem. I'm going my own way and doing my own thing, 'cause he sure was no help (of course, when I lose a boatload of weight, he'll wanna score credit for it) When he asks how I did it, my answer will be "There's no point in sharing the information with you... you don't deal in obesity issues, and will obviously have no luck with my program".
I am no doctor and so do not do anything based on my suggestions, but I had to get off the synthroid and do a more natural thing.

I mean, I was just packing on the weight no matter what else I did after he put me on it.

So getting off the synthroid kept me from gaining more but then I had all this weight to get off from the last year.

I did an alternative thing with some DC's here.

BTW, I have a sister in law who is a doctor and even she says synthroid won't make you put on weight. I told her you have got to be kidding. I have read thousands of reports just like mine where it has. I think the doctors are all in denial because the drug reps give them too many free meals and trips and other perks.

Just my opinion. But I lived it and she didn't.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #57  

I just started on the Synthroid almost 2 weeks ago, so for me, the jury is still out... but I'll keep what you said in the back of my mind. If you don't mind, would you please PT me and let me know what you did after coming off it... my curiousity is piqued.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #58  

I have been on Synthroid for over 6 months..I hate it..i agree with the term "blow fish" Loriannc..Thats exactly the way i feel!!
And your absolutely right to be annoyed with the Endocrinologist..The Nerve of that guy!!..I thought they took an ethics oath when becoming dr's..they soon fail the "humanity" test after they get a taste of the $$ and the recognition goes to their thick skulls! I am still shocked with what he told you..Stick an "obesity issue" boot up his behind..Its about time we stand up to these dr's..We pay money for their services..and what do we get??..Attitudes, poor management and bad manners!..Its like we bother them, and they dont have time for us..
Does anyone have a good dr?? One that listens and gives good advice..and recomendations..
CRA..could you please offer me your advice on what you did to get off this synthroid? Something natural..
Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 185/180/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Doctors

they are hard to find! The best doctor i've ever been to is my gynecologist! I love her! Dr. Firpo at Texas Women's Hospital in houston... just in case anyone wants to know.
spaceykasey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 185/180/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Shapely Secrets

If anyone is done with their 7 minute shapely secrets DVDs or VHS tapes I would love to buy them from you, I just can't afford 40 dollars for something that i'm not sure will work, i have to pay for school!! lol. But if someone on here will sell for like fifteen or so... i'd love to take them off your hands.
spaceykasey247 is offline   Reply With Quote