Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 145.5/142/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Shapely Secrets

I want to lose about 15 to 20 lbs. I bought the shapely secrets DVD pakage. I lost 6 inches total and 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. I lost 2 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, 3/4 inch in my arm and 1/2 inch on the thigh. At first I lost an inch on the the thigh and then gained a 1/2 inch back. I think it is muscle though. Greer states the idea is to lose inches not pounds. The isometrics do cause the body to burn fat. Also, drinking the extra water helps too. I did not get a smaller size but my clothes were too tight and now fit better. I measured every 2 days and watched the size going down. It was amazing. I feel stronger and my body did change shape even though I only lost 3 lbs. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm stickng with it. It's just too easy!
lttlbttybttgrtbggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #32  

The reason you can't show the exercise is because there's no movement involved, they call it 'motionless exercise'. It is isometric contraction of agonist and antagonists of one or more joints. It is best served by highlighted anatomy charts and visualization. It is much easier to do if you have a history of doing real movements so you know where to feel each muscle.

Unfortunately, Shape Secret's 'diametric resistance' (I've not heard the term outside of this product, though bodybuilders do it to flex on stage...) suffers from a lack of the ability to measure how hard you are contracting. Programs reliant upon intuition and perceived exertion are usually destined to failure, scientific programs have consistant measureable weights so you can measure and be sure you are contracting a consistant amount.

Flexing's fun to do and can be done after other exercise but isn't a good core for a program. It's okay to do when waiting for a bus or something though, as unlike dropping to the ground and doing pushups it won't freak people out so much. It also doesn't really enhance your athletic abilities as it essentially trains you to waste force. Exerting force on external objects requires the contraction of agonists and relaxation of antagonist so the former can shorten and the latter can lengthen. Training both to move at once doesn't really help, even though it can strengthen the tissues and in some cases stabilize joints.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #33  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I saw the infomerical on this today, and it kinda mad me a little angry just because I really feel like its the biggest hunk of junk ive ever seen. Thats just my personal opinion. I am sitting here debating on should I order Hip Hop Abs, will it work? Then I see this and people are compelled to buy it.

*Im not trying to knock anyone in this thread who did buy it, but if you arent medically incapacitated, just get up a move for crying out loud*
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #34  

The basis for this system is simple isometrics, with variant positioning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_exercise has the basics. Otherwise, all this program is, is common sense.

Save yourself the cost of the program and buy an exercise book on isometrics for about 20 bucks. Also talk to your GP to ensure its the best thing for your specific body, and that you won't have any negative side effects. That way you can be informed about what you are doing, its risks and benefits, its short comings, and you can tailor any exercises to meet your specific needs.
Soullore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #35  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/105/100

Height: 5'4"

I didn't read all the replies...
I just wanted to say that i did Body flex and lost about 15lbs while doing so about 8 years ago. I personally liked it.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #36  

Default What ever happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaf63 View Post
So after the little fracas about UPS losing my order, the company re-filled it. With VHS tapes. The CSR tried to tell me that was what I ordered but I insisted (correctly and I have a copy of it) the receipt said DVD. So they are going to fill it again with the DVDs and theoretically, it will arrive within 3-5 days.

She refused to let me ship back the VHS - they're just going to ship me the correct product. So I may post these up for sale. I can't believe this has been going on since 2/9!
Hi Samantha:
So what ever happened w/ the shipment of the dvds? Did you get them? How was the program? If it was good, are you still selling the tapes?
Thanks!
mvlara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #37  

Angry

I want to warn you all also, that I got the DVDs about two months ago and last month, they started shipping me extra of those fat burning pills in the kit and charging my credit card. I contacted customer service through email, and they emailed back saying I had to call customer service in person to get it taken off.

Anyways, after answering a bunch of questions, I got my money back for the pills they sent me.

As for the program, I have exercised for a long time and consider myself to be in pretty good shape ( but need to lose some weight ) I just did not take to these DVDs. Boring, even if it was seven minutes. I say, save your m oney or buy an isometric book like the others said.
skater princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #38  

I received mine Friday, 5/25. I love it and I do her Body Flex too. YES you are automatically on autoship for the supplements, but it tells you that right on her website when you order them and get the advanced dvd free. I have no intention of continuing the autoship, I will be cancelling it when I receive the Advanced DVD. I do however, like Miracle Burn, it is awesome! I like Shapely Secrets, but it is definately over priced, in my opinion. It was an into offer of $19.99 initially and I'd like to have seen it stay that way. If I had known about it then, I'd have gotten it then, oh well, LOL. I paid full price, but I'm pleased with it so far. However, my mom has been doing that all her life; In 14 days I will note the results. I'm also on an awesome weight loss regimen and I've lost close to 40lbs since March 5 (would've lost more inches if I'd been exercising, waa waa) so I'm truly on a mission. I should reach my goal of 62 more lbs by end of summer...in time for the holiday parties, hee hee!
ashakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashakari View Post
I received mine Friday, 5/25. I love it and I do her Body Flex too. YES you are automatically on autoship for the supplements, but it tells you that right on her website when you order them and get the advanced dvd free. I have no intention of continuing the autoship, I will be cancelling it when I receive the Advanced DVD. I do however, like Miracle Burn, it is awesome! I like Shapely Secrets, but it is definately over priced, in my opinion. It was an into offer of $19.99 initially and I'd like to have seen it stay that way. If I had known about it then, I'd have gotten it then, oh well, LOL. I paid full price, but I'm pleased with it so far. However, my mom has been doing that all her life; In 14 days I will note the results. I'm also on an awesome weight loss regimen and I've lost close to 40lbs since March 5 (would've lost more inches if I'd been exercising, waa waa) so I'm truly on a mission. I should reach my goal of 62 more lbs by end of summer...in time for the holiday parties, hee hee!
What diet have you been doing where you've lost 40lbs? That's so great and that's the kind of pace I want. Any tips would be appreciated. I haven't ordered Shapely Secrets yet but after this this, I'm very close to just getting it!
auroraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/182/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been ready all the and I wanted to ask UltSoccerMom and Vixsin or anybody else who has ACTUALLY USED it if they've had any luck with the program. I am seriously debating getting it.
ttaybron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #41  
Dave Matthews Band Fan

Height: 5'10''

Alright I'm a sucker, I just bought it.....I want to know if it really works, if not, It's going back...
dmbgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #42  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbgirl87 View Post
Alright I'm a sucker, I just bought it.....I want to know if it really works, if not, It's going back...

I love your tattoo pictures.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #43  
Your Royal Chunkiness

Location: California (where all the skinny people live..boo..)

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'3

Smile Well imma sucker...

I bought it a few days ago and i just started it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
aSHanIKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #44  
CRA

I had seen the Shapely Secrets infomercial a few weeks ago and was doing some research about it online. I found this forum and a few other sites and decided that I'd try it for myself.

I just started last week and even though I had never heard of this women before, I liked the way she explained things simply and liked the information in the books. Seems like she thought of all the tools to make it really easy to do.

As for the exercises, I was amazed at how sore they made me the next day after only 7 minutes and no movement.

I might add, that some people had recommended that you just look up some no movement exercises online and I did that first but wasn't very happy with how long they took. That was another reason I ordered this.

My husband decided to do this with me also. We didn't order any of the supplements though. I want to just do the basics and see how well we do.

But so far, I like what I've seen and read and it is simple to do. Even though those 7 minutes are pretty intense.

I'll be back after 2 weeks to let everyone know how we are doing.
CRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #45  
Stephanie Estabrook

S/C/G: 173/169/128

Height: 5'4

Alright, now I am really curious about this. What are you girls doing to lose the weight you already have? I had a baby 3m ago, and gained 60lbs. Third child and can not seem to get weight off. Any help or suggestions? Did the gym thing for a while and gave up.
Stephanie Estabrook is offline   Reply With Quote