Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #61  

All I need is for you all to tell me when and I'll put it all together. I'll set it all up, put it all on my credit card and we'll split it up when we get there. That will be so awesome!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #62  

Just stopping in to say hi. Fighting a bout of fatigue here. I can hardly keep my eyes open and am bone weary.

Meme - a get together would be great, but too tired to even think about that now

Tammy - good luck with your new classroom. When does school start again? Here, it isn't until 05 September.

Mima - hope you aren't working too hard.

Joanne - you would be shivering if you lived here. The high today was 50F which is soooooo much better than 100. I do prefer 70-75 That is the perfect temp./

Hope you are all having a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #63  

Hi all!! Came home this morning, we got out yeterday but I stayed over so I could go to the Mall with my friends and I bought NOTHING!!! I only wanted cotton nightgowns. Tammy-here's abulletin board idea. I put it up on the high wall. I made a banner that said-Reach for the stars!! If you miss, you will still be near the moon!! And then I put stars and a moon. I made the banner on the computer and left it up all year. That's all I can remeber from teaching!! Ha!! Not true. I corrected Readind-there are always new terms but they mean the same thing as before. Onset means beginning sound-why don't you just say that!! Why confuse us old people. Stomache is bloated today but i wasn't too bad. Yesterday I ate a cookie and a chichen sandwich at night at the Mall. I bought 5 loaves of bead at Trader Joes and they now aree in the freezer-Spelt. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #64  

Anne, our school starts with students on Aug. 29. We have to be there for meetings on Aug. 25-26.

Meme, a gathering sounds wonderful! I don't know when, but sometime!!!

You bought nothing at the mall, Mima! Wow!!!
I like the bulletin board idea. I have space above the doorway (I have double doors) that I wasn't sure what to do there. Sounds like a plan!!

Heading out to meet friends for breakfast. I met others for supper last night. that group was 3 women that I graduated from high school with. Oh my! We met at 6. It was 9:50 and Cindy's daughter called her and wanted to know when she was coming home. We had no idea it was that late. The restaurant closed at 10, so it's a good thing we decided that it was time to leave! lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:33 AM   #65  

Default Hey There

I can't go to the mall and not buy something..I love going to Dillards and looking at all the sale items. I always buy something.
It is still hot here in Fl. Yes Happy I would probably be cold at 50 degrees. I would also like it.It is easier in cool weather to do things.
A gathering sounds nice. I wish it could be in Fl. You guys need to come down to a beach. Watch a sunrise and a sunset.
Tammy- Your school starts much later than Fl. schools. I guess the weather plays a big part in both states.
Candice - How are you? Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #66  

Good morning!! Well, I came home with another attack of diverticulitis. Doc was gone so I started to take a prescript I had for my other problem and put myself on a liquid diet so I had to to Walmart to get some Ensure. So I bought a shirt that was marked down to $3 and 2 nightgowns but they are not cotton. Maybe I will be able to eat by tomorrow, I think I ate too many salads. Both times, I have gotten the attacks after being away and then I eat much more salad. We will see. I may go to the gastro guy while I am up North. I trhink we should stay on the beach!!!! It's almost time for an Ensure!! Maybe I will lose a couple of pounds. Mima
Old 08-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #67  

I like Dillards, too, but I can go to the Mall and not buy something if I don't find something I really like for the right price. Wish we had a Dillards here ... have to go all the way to Nashville.

Mima ... my mom had diverticulitis and she couldn't eat any lettuce at all. Killed her every time she did. There is a really good article on it here:
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...iverticulosis/
BTW: Green Tea is very good for the digestive track/stomach/intestine. You might try a couple of cups (hot) with some splenda and lemon (if you like) next time you have a flare up. I have had IBS really bad for years but it's much better since I've been drinking the tea.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #68  

I've heard good things about green tea too. What about the Lipton Green Tea with citrus that comes in a bottle that you can get in the soda section? What do you think about it? I'm not much of a tea drinker at all. In fact, I honestly don't like tea. I tried the Lipton Green Tea because one of the other chaperones at band camp recommended it. It wasn't bad, but I really don't know if that kind is good for me.

We went shopping today, trying to find Tim something to have his Senior picture taken in. No luck. We know that he'll have a picture taken with his band uniform on, then one with the Scout uniform with the Eagle Patch, but for the regular pictures we are undecided. Bob likes the idea of a sweater. Tim was thinking of a nice shirt and tie. If we go with the shirt and tie, he could use it for homecoming in a couple months and wear it to church too. Tim gets too warm in sweaters, so I feel it would be a waste of money. I don't like decisions.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #69  

Since my boys never had clas pics taken, I don't know. But daughter had a lot taken!!! Thanks Meme, I do drink green tea every day. I am doing ok-will try a bit of food, Did you ever hear of Ernie Couch and the Revival. Saw them last night at church-it was good and very hot. This is good-Brad went out Friday to fix someone's jacuzzi that had a leak. It reminded me of what I wanted for my birhday-to get ours fixed, So yeterday, he ordered the pump. Of course, I have been after him all these 3 years-it's been broken since 97. Hmmm... what do I want for Christmas. The electrical in the kitchen, 3 time s ayear, I can get something done. Oh well, we did tons of other things!!. I think Cassidy is on his way out. He has a lot of pain from what I don't know. He is not himself. he is 15 and we won't do anything to prolong his life but I don't want to see him in pain. Vets tomorrow, In the meantime, I give dog aspirin, which helps. Mima Tammy, a lot of kids here seem to be casual. The only pic I have of Bobby is a proof-he didn't want to order any. He is in his cap and gown.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #70  

Default Hey There

I keep a pitcher of green tea in my fridge . I drink 1-3 glasses a day. Good for you for various reasons.I buy it by the box and make my own. Why pay high price for bottled.
I am going to take it easy today. Except I will walk on T/M about 3 pm. Trying to get back on tract. Ofcourse I am always doing that it seems.
Hello Everybody..
Joanne
Old 08-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #71  

Yes, the green tea with citrus in the bottle is great. I get it at WM all the time. A little expensive but I love it. I get the diet and keep it in the fridge. Handy to grab a bottle to take on the road when I'm going to town, etc. It's the same stuff ... just has the citrus added to it ... same benefits. Get it anyway you can. My cousin and her husband guzzles the bottles. But ... better for them than cokes. He owns his own construction Co. building houses and takes a cooler full to work every day. (Guess he can afford to!)
Old 08-15-2005, 05:47 AM   #72  

Good morning!!Ww were all dressed for church when we decided we needed to take Cassidy to the emergency vet because he was in ssuch pain. We actually thought we needed to put him down. We hesitated to have all the tests done but we decided on a blood test and xrays. $400 snd 3 hours later we found out he has really bad arthritis in his back-otherwise in good health. They gave him a shot and a prescript for etogesic. He is much more relaxed now!!! We need pet insurance.!! I wish I had room for a treadmill!! It's gotten cooler here and I will get to walk the dog. My stomache is better. Mima
Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #73  

Default Hey There

Mima- My son has an old dog with arthritis too. Has to give him med. 2 times a day. You can get T/m that folds up when not in use. Sits against a wall. Mine does although I never fold it up.Sears or most anyplace that sells them. I use it on hottest or coldest parts of the year.
Joanne
Old 08-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #74  

My Beenie had arthritis for years. I just couldn't hardly give her up. Put her in the garage the last year of her life under a heat lamp but I couldn't stand to hear her whine. I gave her asprin every single day but finally gave in for hubby to have her put down. Nearly killed me, though. She was a doberman. The most intelligent dog I've ever had. She knew exactly what I was saying. The intelligence of a 5 or 6 year old. She would come ring the doorbell when she wanted something. When she was out of water she would bring her water dish to the back door and 'knock' on the door with it. Gentle with the kids ... she'd let the little 1 & 2 yr. olds actually get on and ride her. She'd stand completly still and let them pound on her. She knew not to move if they leaned on her so they wouldn't fall. She did anything I told her to do, sit, lay, play dead, beg, speak, shake hands, fetch, even pray. She was an inside/outside dog. Inside when it was too hot or cold or bad weather. Otherwise, on the porch. (Like Sami.) Her name was Sabrina ... shortened to Brina ... then to Beenie ... what all the little tykes called her. Parents of the little ones were scared to death of her at first, until they learned how gentle and good with kids she was. She was an excellent babysitter. Even though it's been about 6 years and I now have 2 others, I still miss that dog. Funny how attached you can get to them, isn't it?

Storming here again. Had to take FIL to the Dr. this morning. He was in there for 2 1/2 hrs. and then I had to take him to the hospital for a CAT scan. My whole day is shot. Kidneys again. Bless his heart. Hubby had him to the hospital again yesterday morning ... had to miss church. I have to start back teaching this afternoon ... one hour from now ... and I just got home a few minutes ago. Have to go make some chili for dinner. I won't get through until 7 tonight (if I'm lucky) then I'll collapse.

I picked up my new prescription for Topamax while I was in town ... 4 in the morning and 4 at night now ... $376 for a months supply. And the ins. didn't pay!!! Good thing hubby has a good job. I'm supposed to go up to 50s next month. Instead of taking 4 twice a day, I'll take one tablet of 50 mgs twice a day. Dr. said that was cheaper. I hope it's a LOT cheaper!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 AM   #75  

Yikies meme. Hope it works!! What a great dog you had, In Fl, we have the fitness center next door to us. Brad and I are going to try to get there. Went to Missions night last night, potluck and then speakers and prayer. what a great group. But there was some kind of concert, so we took the long way home. Got home late-for us.
If you want to see my DIL's blog, go to jcarville.blogspot.com. She posts almost every day so I see pics of those 2 great kids. And she is funny sometimes. But today, Al is going into her camp. Rheumo docs today, blood test, prescript renewals. Haircut this pm . Bye for now. Mima