Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #99

Good morning-except for getting yahoo to be my home page-I am mostly back on my computer. It rained all day yesterday but it's suppossed to be nice today-Brad and the carpenter got the stairs half put in-what a project-doing over the whole front hall but it's going to be nice-I am going to make a lap quilt for the church fair-got it cut out which is the hardest. Hope you got some rest Meme-are you settling in , Anne.? At least it's near your kids-Hi everyone and glad you are better Anagram. Mima
Old 07-12-2003, 03:04 PM   #2  

Hi Guys. ONce again, I am behind. Have not read your posts in a week. Hope all is OK. My brother stayed here last nite to do out with old friends so I slept on the couch. He was home amazingly early. All the friends were too tired to stay out!!! It is **** to get old. And **** to sleep on the couch. How come I can take a nap there, but can't sleep there all nite????
Old 07-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #3  

Angry

Meme posted this on the other thread. Just moving it along:lol

MIL got to come home today!!! She's feeling a lot better. Guess we'll see.

This is where we are going on vacation in October with our daughter and family.

http://www.vacationrentalbyowner.net/listing6.html

I've got to lose some weight before I hit the beach in a bathing suit!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #4  

Meme, glad you MIL got home and that things seem to be ok.

Nice place you are going for holidays.

Ally - Hi, nice to see you. It is a funny thing about sofas. They do seem ok for a nap but not ok for all night. I guess it is because you can't move around the same.

Anagram - glad to hear that you are feeling good still. Let's hope it keeps up.

Mima - I am totally moved in and settled. Feels like I have been living here for a long time now. Amazing. Looking after my grand daughter today.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:04 AM   #5  

Hubby is spending the night at in-laws tonight and I'm all alone. Seems weird. I've done too much today. Tried to cook for all of us for two days plus clean house and wash. Nope... no rest! None tomorrow ... decoration where my folks are buried and I'm treasurer of the cemetery fund. Just 3 weeks 'till school starts. I'm going to take off the first week of school and sleep.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:28 AM   #6  

Yeah sure, Meme. I keep downloading stuff to fix my computer but not getting anywhere. Darn Windows ME-I guess I'll just have to wait for my new computer. Well, they made a new hallway and set of circular stairs. It's going to be really ice but take a long time because the carpenter only works sometimes-guess we'll have to see waht we can do. Last time we hired someone else also. It will be fun to decorate-but it has no walls yet.Well it's sunday. Checking on vacation to Montreal-not Nova Scotia-I would like to research my great-great grandfather-he was chief of police there in the 1800's. His birth records were burned but they could still have a record of him being the chief-I started on this a while back but gave it up-what else is new. Have a good weekend everyone. Mima
Old 07-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Meme- Glad your MIL is home. I hope she will continue to do well. I know what it is like for the hubby to sleep with Inlaws. Mine slept at his mothers off and on for 10 yrs.He was getting the worst of it constantly. My sister-in-law had terminal cancer at the time and was unable to cope with her. We finally gave up and put her(MIL) in a home. I was charge nurse there so she did get good care. It made my workdays the worst of ****. She never liked me and it was worse after we put her there. And would you believe they put her on my floor.She was a terror for everyone. She lasted 8 years there. In the meantime my BIL got terminal cancer of the brain. Both of those children died before her. We took care of all of them. At the same time in those years my G/mother and Mother were waining so my sister and I were also going in different directions trying to help there. It usually comes all at once. You think there is no light at the end of the tunnel but there is ,but there is always a price. The brothers and sisters always live too far away or are too busy or have one excuse or another.
Mima- Sounds like you are going to have a nice place when it is all done. It should be really interesting looking up your G/fathers.
I have attempted the same . I need to follow through with it.
Happy ,Ally, Candice,Anagram. Hello and stay well...Joanne
Old 07-13-2003, 04:46 PM   #8  

This is one of those few beautiful NY days. Gotta get back outside and enjoy it. Have already decided to reward myself with pizza. Have to do that once in a while. Was going to reward myself last nite with ice cream, then changed my mind and decided on pizza today.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:58 PM   #9  

Lovely weekend here. Hope you all shared same. Had a good day eating, well watered and got a walk in - not the most vigorous but still a walk.

All this talk of nursing homes is eerie. Had an email from sister today re Mom's multiple health problems and the possibility they'll soon no longer be manageable at home. This sister is a nurse and does Medicare plans at a "center" (part time now) and I would imagine that would be the best place if/when the time comes as sister would be there. Mom will be 87 in August. Apparently she fell again last night and had done so two weeks ago. At that point she switched from quad cane to walker but I guess her knees are just too weak. Her own mother spent 3 1/2 years in a nursing home. One son visited her daily. I went at least weekly, more when son had to be out of town. Others did as well but there were other grandchildren nearby who never made it there. Not the best place but probably not the worst. And Grandma could no longer be cared for at home. The dr. had told Mom and sister they'd be in beds beside Grandma if they continued to try. Always a tough call.

Last edited by anagram; 07-13-2003 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:43 AM   #10  

I have been through all of that too. It's real tough when it happens-my mom was a tough cookie and addicted to her meds and she took too many and my brothers would listen to her and they took her out of the nursing home-of course she had to go back in but then she was adjusted to it. It's tough now matter what-I can sympathize with you Joanne, Meme and Anagram. Not much to say-Brad and I are planning our birthday celebrations-he wants to go on a luncheon cruise and we are taking our trip to Montreal when I will be 65. Anne, where could I look up the records of my great grandfather in Canada-he was chief of police in the 1800's-probably around 1850. The church that had his birth records burned down my aunt said- we always thought he was French but are now wondering if he was English-he had a cousin who was an actor in England-Richard or Richards-that was my maiden name. Can you help-I found a website but it was in French.Ha!!!!Bye for now. Miima What a beautiful website. I like the chicks!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

I feel for you girls that have the situation where they have to decide the wellfare of their relatives. If you can put them in a home where a relative works,you can be pretty sure that they will get good care. Make sure they know you are watching. And do watch. Don't be shy.Examine their bodies under their clothes and sheets. That is your right. Question everything. Stagger your times to visit. Make sure they turn or walk them every 2 hrs at the least/most.
I got too involved. That was not good for me but hopefully good for the patient..
I will get off the Band wagon.
My stomach is really bothering me today. I'll see the Dr. tomorrow. There has to be a solution to this problem...I felt so good all weekend and then took a 3 mile walk. I came home and felt awful all night and today. O well,Whinning again.
Bye for now............Joanne
Old 07-14-2003, 10:34 PM   #12  

Hi. Nice change on the board. I quite like the colors and the look.

Anyway, Mima, I don't know much about geneology, but you could contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics for Quebec (probably one in Montreal). They should be able to provide you with birth, marriage records etc. I guess the Mormons also have a site you can find stuff on. Not sure what that is and you probably have to pay, but then you will also have to pay to have a search done through vital stats. I believe. That is all I know.

Joanne, hope you get your stomach checked out and you are feeling better.

Ally, hope you enjoyed your pizza. I also had pizza on Saturday night, as well as birthday cake. Mmmmm, so good. I was mostly good and ate a bit of fruit as well

Hi to everyone else
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 AM   #13  

Hi guys-hey Anne-I got some good info yesterday-a phone number for tourism who directed me to 2 places and finally an e-mail address to the police museum. I just sent an inquiry. We can also visit the archives when we are there-they have birth records etc-this is fun-my cousin already researched the swedish side so now I am doing the French-possibly English. Going to massage today-darn ribs are acting up=very busy week. meetings etc. Hope things are fine Meme. Joanne seems to have good advice.I was lucky-my mom was in a good place. Be good everyone. Mima
Old 07-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #14  

MIL is doing good. They stayed by themselves last night. Sons took a baby monitor over there. She is sleeping in the guest bedroom because the bed is softer and higher up - easier to get in and out of - plus he won't be moving around and bothering her. With the monitor he will be able to hear her if she needs to get up in the night...my idea. I couldn't see one of them having to spend the night on the couch with my FIL there ... just plain silly. Granted he's not in the best of health but he is still able to get up with her. They need to stay as self sufficient as they can. I let my Mom do what she could for herself as long as she was alive. The things she couldn't do - then I would step in and help her with. Sometimes, when people get older, their kids don't understand that if they start "helping" them too soon they just sit down, give up, and die! I had a piano student tell me just the other day that she had been talking to her mother about checking out nursing homes and having all her assets put in her (the daughter's) name ... and her mother was only ... now get this ... SIXTY!!! I'll be there in just four more years!!! Boy! My kids better not broach the subjects of nursing homes and getting my money in their names to me in four more years!!! Maybe fourteen!!!

Well, it's another day of juggling Ross and piano students! Gotta go get a little housework done! Hope you all have a good day!!!

Last edited by MemeToo; 07-15-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #15  

That's good news Meme. Hey guys, I got my new computer but I can't set it up til Brad gets home-monitor is way too heavy so I may be in cyberspace for a while. Mima
Closed Thread