Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 PM   #16  

Happy 4th of July Fibropals

Hope you are all having a great day. We celebrated Canada Day on July 1st. Hope your day is as good as mine was:lol
Old 07-05-2003, 09:10 AM   #17  

Beautiful attachments guys-couldn't get on the ----computer yesterday. 4 more days til DSL. Took it easy yesterday-went to eat and to the fireworks and lo and behold, lots of people from Brad's church were there-it was fun. What a spectacular ending it was also!!!!Most beautiful I have ever seen. Anyways-not much going on today. My weight was down yesterday but it won't be today. No TOPS this week because of the 4th. Sounds like fun. Anagram. Bye for now. Mima
Old 07-05-2003, 10:47 AM   #18  

Default Hey There

We had a nice 4th at my house. My daughter was here and later in the evening we went to see the fire works. I don't know why but it seemed like every other house hold in my area were shooting off rockets and fireworks of some kind.Our street sounded like a battle zone till after 11 pm.
I ate wrong but what the heck. My daughter and G/daughter and I spent a few hours at the beach. I live just a mile but other than walking out there in the evening I haven't spent much time there. I have to change that. It was really nice getting in the water .
Hope everyone feels better sone..
Joanne
Old 07-06-2003, 08:11 AM   #19  

Good morning-boy am I glad we have air-conditioning-it's been warm but I'm not complaining cuz no rain. Brad had a service call at a pig farm last night so I went with him. Not much new-Have a great day everyone. Mima
Old 07-06-2003, 11:38 AM   #20  

Angry Hi

Hope EVERYBODY is feeling good today!!! It has been raining here for the past couple of days, with a few breaks now and then.

Yesterday, went back to my old city for our God Daughter's wedding. Had a great time. I even danced, which I LOVE to do. Did a couple of polkas (my favorite) and then just a few other ones. Haven't danced for a long time, so as you might well imagin, I am RATHER stiff and sore today. It was so worth it, however.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #21  

Not so humid today in NY. took a long walk and have been power walking. I can feel it in my muscles. I bought a bag of trail mix in Walmart....oh so yummy and it appears to be better than Ex-Lax!!!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #22  

Evening, ladies. Just had to pop in and tell you that I'm feeling great. Flare seems to have subsided. Didn't even feel too bad with storms coming in tonight.

Had a good time Sat. at family picnic for BILs (and nephew's) birthdays. Then daughter was here with her family and the granddaughters worked their magic medicine and I have not felt so good for a long time. I'm not going to bed tonight so I can stay up and enjoy feeling good (just in case). Only kidding - I will probably go to bed soon but I feel like I want to enjoy the moment.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:36 AM   #23  

Anagram...that's our problem. When we feel good, we do too much trying to make up for lost time. Then when we over-do we feel bad again. Of course, most of the time, we feel bad anyway ... at least that's what I reason to myself. I do the same thing. I'll have a good day and I'll try to do everything at once because I'm afraid it won't last!

Have to take MIL to Dr. tomorrow then she has her surgery Tues. and I'm supposed to stay up with her at the hospital Tues night. (don't know how that's going to work after keeping Ross all day Tues.)! Then I'll have Ross again all day Wed., too!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:18 AM   #24  

I agree about the feeling good-I'll be happy to try new meds when I go to the doc next time-I can't even push the grocery carriage without the rib muscle acting up. I also have weird sinus pain under my cheeks-never had that before. Anyhow-we had a nice relaxing weekend.That was great about the wedding, Anne!!!Well-siding is suppossed to be done this week and they are going to start on the hallway this weekend-moving stairs around. Never a dull moment-I am losing 2 closets but gaining a bigger one with cedar board. We also brought half of the attic to a flea market to be held next week-donations-waht a great feeling to have that half emptied. Hope all goes well Meme-bye for now Mima
Old 07-07-2003, 09:16 AM   #25  

Not much going on here..cooked on saturday since my son was home. Did some gardening on Friday and sunday with a walk with DH..boy was it hot and humid walking

Anyone use those self tanning products and do you know of one that does not smell?????????? I like to use them insted of the I can't stand smells!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #26  

Default Hey There

Candice- I used one of those tanning solutions about 20 yrs ago. When I took a shower it came off in spots. Never again. Now I just sit out in the sun.
Happy - It is nice to get out and kick up our feet. There is always stiffness and pain afterward. Enjoy what you can ,I say.
Ally- You got that right. My hubby buys a couple bags of trail mix when we go to Sams. He needs them. I am real careful when I eat some of it. I am trying to get out and walk at least 4-5 days a week now. I go out to the beach and walk the parking lots with all the other retirees. It is cooler there sometimes.
Anagram- Good that you are feeling better. Don't overdo.
Meme- Hope your MIL does well.
Mima- You have been working on your house for awhile. I wish I had an attic that I could store in. I have a attic but I wouldn't put anything up there. It is really hot in summer and sometimes we get a squirrel or two up there. How I'll never know. We have worked to find all their ways of getting there. I think they tunnel under the house and go up. Florida living,that's part of it.
Well sounds like my laundry is ready for the dryer...Bye, Joanne
Old 07-08-2003, 05:25 AM   #27  

Joanne..I burn too easily and my legs never get it just my back and no one looks at my back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chocolate Mud Cake
Makes 12 Servings - 6 Points Per Serving

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, powder
1/3 cup water, hot
5 1/4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate square(s), dark, melted
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 oz ground almonds
4 large egg(s), separated
2 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
5 1/4 oz light butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking
spray.
2. In a large bowl combine cocoa and water. Stir until smooth. Add
chocolate, butter, sugar and almonds. Stir in egg yolks one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft
peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cooked, about 1 hour and
15 minutes. 5. Remove cake from pan and dust with powdered sugar. Cut
into 12 pieces to serve.
Cook's Notes: Cocoa powder is a low-fat ingredient used to add richness
to chocolaty desserts and snacks. Experiment with it in some of your
favorite recipes.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #28  

Brad is doing a job today to fix something in an attic where squirrels or mice ate the wires so the air-conditioner doesn't work. Another hot one-I stay in most of the time but I am going to try and get a pedicure-I have been walking almost every day-well, night-we'll see if it shows up on the scale. My life is boring right now-not much to say-be well everyone. Mima
Old 07-09-2003, 02:59 PM   #29  

Default Hey There

Candice- My problem is I tan on the front of my legs and not good on the backs. Otherwise no problem.
Mima- I wonder about all the problems that come with owning a home, sometimes. I sometimes tell my hubby we should sell and go into an apartment. He won't hear of it. I try to get him to hire help for the yard. Still he won't hear of it. Do you think he is stubborn? I told my son when he gets a extra five minutes maybe he can help us. We will just have go around him.
I am trying to walk 4-5 times a week. I would have had a loss if I had weighed today. Tomorrow it may change. What the heck.
I know all the meds we have to take keeps us from losing as much as we want. Lately ,I have been taking a lot of advil. I seem to hurt more.
Hello everybody.Stay well... Joanne
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #30  

Default Hey There

It looks like we all are hiding waiting for something different to happen..Tops tonight.. I walked last evening and paid the price for about 2 hours today. It usually takes that long for me to walk upright.
You all have a good day...Joanne
Closed Thread