Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #61  

Default KIM, RITA, LINUS,and ANGEL Hi!!!

Hi all and welcome to Linus......well I will start with apologising for posting then disappearing but you know when youre on that "high" and you suddenly hit a flat......yep thats me , I hit it this weekend. There I was last week saying how much weight I had lost and how pain free I was etc etc.....well that was true and I felt great. Then firstly, I hit a plateau and I am still there. Secondly, I havent mentioned as yet that my eldest son is married and with my youngest Grandson and his wife they live in CT. My youngest son who Graduated last year from Rider University is getting married in NJ on 3rd July 03. Incase you hadnt realised I live and my family have always lived in the UK. Anyway thats beside the point. Apart from having RA all over my body and coping best I can at any given time I do manage to fly out to the States 2 sometimes 3 times a year.Well I have been waiting for an appointment to come through from the hospital as I have 3 carcinomas on my face that have to be removed. Basically the plastics are going cut and rebuild my face and do some pretty major work and this is taking place on 28th April I learnt on Saturday. Then exactly 8 weeks later I fly out to my sons wedding. I am feeling pretty scared and sorry for myself, no infact I am petrified of what lies ahead in the hospital. You would think us women with having babies ( I have 4) and all that goes with it, all the times I have been to hospital with RA, and everything else you go through life trying to avoid but ending up in A&E with that you would cope with anything. Well I can cope with most things but hospitals are my downfall. "Hospiphobic" thats my word for it...lol Anyway thats why I havent been on. Sorry about going on a bit.... I have also read your posts and my gripes seem pretty trivial to yours so i am saying sorry again now and i feel guilty moaning.....Changinging the subject I just have to say , Angels graphics are wonderful. I really look forward to seeing what will be the next picture on the posting as I scroll down. If anything ever cheered anyone up its the site of one of your postings... Not only that ....Klewes, I am so glad you have found your miracle drug and I think youre superwoman injecting yourself. Anyway I have to make a move I am of to see the Doctor would you believe...in fact I will ask you ladies and see if you know the answer.... I am suffering desperately with my sinus and seeing as my jaw, neck and head all have RA probs could my sinus be affected in someway too or am I right off beat now. I have totally lost my sense of smell and I have heard thats connected with RA. Have a lovely rest of the day.....Hope I didnt dampen it......keep smiling.....Take care ..Pam
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:57 AM   #62  

I don't think I've ever heard of the sinuses being involved, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit. This disease continues to fascinate me. And not in a good way.

Pam, you should really ask your doc if Enbrel or Remicade is appropriate for you. I kid you not, last week I was using a cane, this week, not. I inject myself between the methotrexate and the Enbrel three times a week. It's not hard once you get used to it. Except when your husband is leaning over your leg making the ew face and going "how do you DO that to yourself?"
Well, the alternative is that some day you will be helping me in the bathroom, buddy.

I was feeling so good, I got a new haircut and started wearing makeup again.
It's terrible how pain sucks the living right out of you.

Kim
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #63  

hi all im sorry i havnt been in to chat but as i have been having really crap week {self inflicted caffene withdrawel} and it was my own fault i thought id stay away any way im so glad your feeling better khewes my doc switches my painkillers every 6 months or so it takes my body a few days to get used to the difference then i setle back to normality i normally only get unbearable pain when i forget and try to do normal 32 year old things like mucking around with ever growing kids or going for a night out and trying to dance my socks off {god i miss dancing } or forgeting and buying too much shopping and trying to get same said shopping home again but touch wood i havent had a really bad spell for ages Pam {sorry cant spell the other} dont your hospitals have people to help you relax about the visit maybe one way of dealing with it is imagine your faboulosly wealthy and your going for a megga facelift so you can look 21 again {i think ill have some just need to find a millionaire to marry } so every one at the wedding will say that your never old enough to be mother of the groom
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #64  

Hi Linus thanks for that, you sound just like my daughter who said now you have lost a bit of weight maybe they'll do you a tummy tuck while youre in there. Well Mum it wont hurt to ask.....I didnt laugh as loud as she did. Anyway catch you all soon, keep smiling........
Old 03-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #65  

hey i never thought of that it couldnt hurt to ask
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:24 PM   #66  
RAR

HI! everyone hopeing that you all are having a pain free day been out most of the day shoveling as we really got hit hard wanted to help hubby out as he has a bad back just hopeing that mine doesnt give me any problems I know I will pay for it tomorrow but thinking postive today !!!!!!!!!will have to take extra aleeve today well have a great Tuesday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:18 PM   #67  

Hi everyone. Had a treatment yesterday....so, not feeling so well today. Have a lot of family problems right now, also. Just bare with me.

Pam...I'm sooo sorry about your surgery. I know you're nervous about it. I'm sure everything will be alright. I'm praying for you. We're all here, if you need to talk.

Yes, RA can be rough on the sinuses. I had a flare up last week.

Kim, so glad you're doing better.

Hello to Rita, & Linus

Thanks for the compliment on graphics. I enjoy posting them. Going to go lay down fo awhile.Hope you all have a good day.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:13 AM   #68  

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:53 PM   #69  
RAR

HI! Everyone Happy ST Patricks DAY!!!!!!!! hope you are having a great day Angel hope you feel better soon I guess we all go thru problems so hope yours goes away fast ! Rita
Old 03-17-2004, 03:06 PM   #70  

Just thought I would say, hope everybody is having a good day and that Angel, you feel better after your nap. Let me join you with my wishes for you all on St. Patricks Day.....I dont know what the weather is like over in the States today but we are having a couple of beautiful spring days with temps. in the 60's and I have been out in the garden getting rid of all the dead stuff and putting in some colour of the spring bedding plants and it has cheered me up no end. I actually think Spring is a lovely season, doesnt get so hot it wipes you out and doesnt get so cold you cant go out. Right I am off to kick the dishwasher into shape, ie my husband Catch you soon...keep smiling..Pam
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #71  

Good morning everyone.

I am feeling Fab-oo-lous!

Hope everyone has a glorious pain free day!

Kim
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #72  
RAR

Good Afternoon hopeing that all of you have a great Friday!!!!!! Rita
Old 03-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #73  

Hi everyone, cant believe its the weekend again already. The weeks just seem to fly by. Well I heard you have had snow, well we have gales,sun and the occasional shower but with the tempremental weather comes the aches and pains and the irritability. My right hand is killing and back in a splint and my shoulders giving me grief too. Then theres all those niggles you get in your legs and feet. please lets hope this passes quickly. Have you noticed I havent mentioned my weight for ages , well thats cos theres nothing to tell. Two weeks now I have sat on this plateau and I am still sticking with the eating plan and really havent cheated but must admit i have been tempted. Oh well I expect I will lose some more weight when the weather brightens up again and we can get out and about more. I have an 8 acre field and up until I was diagnosed with RA I bred Welsh Mountain Ponies. I still have four but havent done much with them as I have been so immobile. My husband goes up every day to feed etc but thats about it. Luckily they live out all year so its not too much of a problem. Right got to go and start cooking. Enjoy your weekend all of you and I do hope you are all pain free atm. Tomorrow is Mothers Day over here so I am sure I will get to here from all the kids one way or another. Keep smiling and take care....Pam
Old 03-21-2004, 09:29 AM   #74  

Pam!

No snow here! Spring started Saturday....beautiful day!

Hope all have a great Sunday!
Old 03-21-2004, 09:59 AM   #75  

Oh WOW! Thankyou Angel, that was so sweet of you. I do hope youre feeling much better now that the sun has come out. It normally has that affect, kind of smothers you with warmth and energies. Well its still very unsettled here so don't really know where we are. Just had really heavy hail even though the sun has been out. Very strange.Well my son and family sent me 2 tops from my favourite store in the States (Avenue....love it) and they were super, then about 15 mins ago the door knocked and a man delivered the biggest basket of fruit. That was lovely. Very thoughtful. My middle son is coming over for dinner and my youngest will hopefully call in here in a couple of weeks on route to see his fiance in NJ. He plays basketball in Finland and they have finished their season but are still involved with playoffs. My daughter will be up at Easter but she sent a card so thats nice.My daughter also sent me an email I have to share with you. I hope it makes you all smile as it did me.

> Recognising she's not as young as she once was, Julie Andrews has reissued her hit of yesteryear, "My Favourite Things", to appeal to the Saga generation.
> OK, then, sing along .
>
>
> Zantac and Prozac and needles for knitting,
> Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
> Bundles of Hello mags tied up with string,
> These are a few of my favourite things.
>
> Cataracts and stairlifts, hearing aids and glasses,
> Polident, Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
> Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
>
> When the pipes leak,
> When the bones creak,
> When the knees go bad,
> I simply remember my favourite things,
> And then I don't feel so bad.
>
> Hot tea and crumpets, and corn pads for bunions,
> No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
> Bathrobes and heat pads and hot meals they bring,
>
> Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinnin',
> Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinin',
> And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
> When we remember our favourite things.
>
> When the joints ache, when the hips break,
> When the eyes grow dim,
> Then I remember the great life I've had,
> And then I don't feel - so bad.
>
>
> Keep goin' - we've got another year to get through now!
Not really sure what to make of it as I am only 53 not 95 but it did make me smile.

Right I am off , keep smiling.....take care.....have a good day! Pam