Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Tears View Post
I am currently taking levothyroxine for my hypothyroidusm. I take it every morning.
That is generic Synthroid. That is what I'm taking now. I'm hoping to switch to armour when I see the new doc Tuesday.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 395/400/350

Height: 6ft.

Are there any side affects that should be known about it? Should i switch as well?
Tiger Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #18  

Quote:
Are there any side affects that should be known about it? Should i switch as well?
It has to be monitored by a physician just like levothyroxine. They will have to check your levels to make sure they're adequate and just like levothyroxine too much can cause symptoms and too little can. If you read online about it you will see how it has helped so many people feel like themselves again. The brain fog, fatigue, concentration problems, muscle and joint pain,etc all got better after switching to armour or naturethroid. I sure hope it helps me. Even if some of these got better I would be happy!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #19  

Im sorry to say, i have decided to stop cold turkey. I will only eat when my stomach hurts bad. I cant stop eating, snacking. I love deserts. I refuse to keep eating. To eat when bored or anything. It hurts evert time i take a bite of anything. I cry and now, i quite. Im sorry for complaining. After going to the hospital Saturday, i realize, i need to stop.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #20  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

After developing Hashimotos, I learned from my doc that autoimmune diseases tend to snowball. If you get one, you're prone to get others. You seem to be a classic example. However, you can really help yourself by closely monitoring what you eat. Many people have undiagnosed food allergies, or are simply prone to inflammation from certain foods. I switched for a long time to an anti-inflammatory diet and found that my symptoms for Hashis improved significantly and I lost weight almost effortlessly despite not making any effort to actually restrict portions. I also felt healthier on that diet than I have ever felt. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon and have been eating crap for months and feel like crap, and not only is my Hashi's pretty much out of control but I've developed arthritic symptoms as well. I plan to go back on the anti-inflammatory diet. If you're interested, check out this book, which is the one my doctor recommended and the one I followed while I was on the diet: The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book: Protect Yourself and Your Family from Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies - and More by Jessica K Black, ND.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #21  

I just wanted to say, i have made a very small step in my goal. I lost 5 pounds in about a week and a half. I eat about 2-3 very small meals a day. I even walked 4.5 miles between monday and Tuesday. I have been a little weak but i will continue no matter what. I will reach my goal! Thank you for your support. I hope im doing this diet right.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #22  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on the success so far, Tiger Tears!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #23  

Height: almost 5'3"

You are doing awesome! Every little step helps us!
joy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 198/144/120

Height: 5'8

Congrats on the first steps! I also heard Yoga would be good to try if you can't do a lot of high impact work? There's a video on youtube of a war vet who went from not being able to walk unassisted to being able to run without a problem!
snazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Tiger Tears-I am so glad to see you posted here again. Congratulations on your pounds lost! Please never be too hard on yourself. Do the best YOU can, not try to do someone else's best. It sounds like you've made a huge step in the right direction. Stay on a steady course and it will work out for you. Don't worry about perfection. It's a journey with twists and turns just like any other journey. And it ain't a race!

Hugs to you!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #26  

Just a check in. I haven't lost anymore yet, but my energy is low when i excise(walk). I am a little worried i can't do it. I have tried yoga but it hurts a bit to much. I have been walking a mile every 2-3 days now. It hurts, but no pain no gain. I will check back every couple days. If anyone has any tips and or hints to help, please do. I wanted to know if there are any natural otc meds i can take to help speed up my metabolism that won't interfere with my meds.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #27  

Another check in. I began to hurt today. Did something but not sure what. Food has now become nothing but a pain. I feel like i dont want to eat anymore. Im dizzy so much. I have been sleeping threw the night now. That helps alot. Any advice will help. Im so different now.....so strange. I dont like it and i cant change. I haven't lost anymore weight. Just the 15 in a month and a half. I will double that.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #28  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TIGER ~ 15 lbs in 1.5 months is great actually. You are doing fine. I also have pain when I walk, but stop and take respites as I need them, if I need them. Yesterday, I needed many; today, only a few. Also, be sure that you are eating enuff each day; eating 5-6 smaller meals, if necessary.

Just keep going; that is key ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-16-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #29  

Sorry its been so long. I gained all that weight back plus more. I almost had given up on life. I have decided, less food, more exercise, less stress, more work on everything. I get bored, work out. Im hungry, eat then work out.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #30  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I just wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for everything. I cried today. I cried more yesterday. I have made so my mistakes but its hard to make changes. To comment to a new life style. Diets dont work but i will try to make small differences. I cried so much last night. I never want take out again. My body hurts when i eat at anytime. But i bet if its really small meals, it might not hurt as much. Please, if you dont mind, help me threw this changing life style i am trying. And will succeed.
All of us can make mistakes, it is normal, but it doesn't mean we can make the same mistake everytime.
I feel sorry for the health problem you are currently experiencing, I know it is really hard to deal with them, regarding with doing exercise, I guess walking is a good start for you, walking then going up and down stairs is probably a good start. Slow but still effective. Just don't give.
jklarson is offline   Reply With Quote