Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Default Fibromyalgia #194

I've started a new thread, ladies. I will see if I can get a "stickey" for it.
Do we have a moderator anymore??

Last edited by Kate53; 08-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #2  

Good morning. I didn't tell you but yesterday was my birthday. It was sort of a different day. Got lots of well wishing oin Facebook. Brad and I went out to eat after church but I chose breakfast because I was so tired I just wanted to take a nap. Then we went to Pam and Bob's and Suzanne came over with Lily-Jim was not feeling good. She made me a gluten free cake. She is so super stressed that she had a meltdown. She thought Jim was going to help her but he came home sick. But Lily was her usual cute self.
Tomorrow my 2 friends are taking me out. We are going to a nature place but I think it's going to rain. I don't care-we just have fun together.
I am so glad to be home this morning-I need to start organizing from moving, I bpoght 7 valances at Country Curtain =big bucks but they tie the room together. That's the end of my big purchases. The lr is now green, blue and rose. Just gotta get some throw pillows. and chair cushions.
Boy, we got some rain yesterday-first time in ages.
Eye doc today Hope all of you arte as well as you can be, Mima
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  

Happy belated birthday, Mima! Hope you had fun with your friends on your special day! I e-mailed one of the site people about a stickey for the new thread but no reply. Guess we do not have a moderator now....at least that is the way it appears? Anyhow, maybe things will just continue to move along with our forum regardless.
Mima, I am also having a terrible time with my right shoulder again. It actually feels exactly the way it did when I tore my rotator cuff. I had the surgery to repair it back in 2005....I don't think I can go through a 3rd shoulder surgery! I am hoping the discomfort won't progress so I can just live with it. Really....what's just one more area of pain?? We live with it most days anyhow with the FM so ....?
The past few days have been cloudy and very humid. We have had a couple of good rainfalls but not nearly enough. It is at least greening up the lawns again. I am grateful for not having to go out and hand water my new trees and such but would like to see some serious rain to help the water table come up.
Not much else new here....glad to see the kids back in school. Our neighborhood has been nice and quiet lately. Doctor is upset because I put on 3 more pounds....not good. I am trying to find a way to get my carb cravings under control. I recently visited a "Healthway" store and bought some gluten free stuff....they carry breads from "Udis" which are very tasty. I am also working on my "portion distortion" at mealtimes. Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #4  

Good morning-we finally got to the campground and had a quiet weekend there. And next weekend is the last. Big lobster cookout and crazy hat party. Brad invited his aunt so we will have company. She;s really nice-she's all upset because he had a car accident. Now she;s scared to drive, But she is 82. trouble is it's far to her house. Although Brad;s sister is the one who picks her up.
I did get some pain back in my shoulder for a while but it didn't last.
Bye for now Mima
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone. A warm and humid start to the week here in Florida. Don't know if any of you might be familiar with the various spiders here in the south but we have our share of them. I was cleaning the pool patio the other day and noticed a huge web just outside the back of the screen enclosure where there is a small opening to access the large Areca palms we planted as a privacy hedge. A closer look revealed the biggest garden spider I had ever seen. I called hubby out to take a look.....he really freaked at this thing hanging there in a perfect web. I never considered my husband a wimpy man, especially because of his size and demeanor but my mistake was showing him this thing. I will never get his assistance trimming these palms ever again! He won't even walk past the rear of the screen enclosure now!!Talk about being a mamby-pamby!! Good Lord!
We have friends arriving this Thursday for the Labor Day weekend. Fortunately, they have their own house here and it is pleasant to visit back and forth without having guests around constantly. I am planning a quiet burger afternoon Sunday and have invited a neighborhood couple over. Simple and easy. Hubby has been talking about possibly having his knee replacement surgery done this winter. I have had a relapse on my right rotator cuff which I had repaired with surgery in 2005. Guess the orthopedic didn't do such a great job....I may have to have it redone. I am NOT happy about this at all. I have an appointment with the surgeon who did my left shoulder last year on the 16th. I am hoping it is something I can live with and not have another surgery. Getting old and having all these body parts wear out is not easy.....as Bette Davis said; "Old age is no place for sissies."
I hope everyone is doing okay....look forward to some news from any of you gals out there!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Now how did I miss that the thread had been changed??
Not too much to say as I already said it on 193.. This is just so I will get response. Joanne
Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #7  

Joanne, you might have missed the change because I can not get anyone to "sticky" thread 194. Heavy rain here last evening.....but Earl is heading away from our area and moving up the coast. Looks like Cape Cod might get some of it. We'll be getting some rough surf and rip tides but cooler, drier air. I can live with that!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

I am not afraid of storms. I am glad this one passed us by.. I have been through many hurricanes since I have lived in Florida all my life.. I'll take the cooler weather anytime..
The Bright House guy here for a couple hours . He changed out some wiring and fixed some in the house that was on the floor in my B/R . It is much better now that it is out of site.
Dr. appointments tomorrow. I am hoping for some relief from the pain..
Stay well Everybody.. Joanne
Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Stickied. You can request posts be stickied in the "Announcements and Forum Help" Forum, or by PMing a moderator. Otherwise we won't do it until we see it, which may be a while on topics that are less active/we don't read regularly.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #10  

Thanks for the sticky. Been watching the weather all week but we are only getting some rain-actually showers. My plantar fasciitis is so bad. At least I can get a shot on Tues. i am meeting people from the campground for lunch and we are going to Bible Study tonight, Tomoorrow we will go to the camp and Sunday there is a big coookout. We will take Aunr Bev home from church and stay for the day. Then Monday we will do some closing up but we can go back next weekend.
Suzanne is going to VA this weekend to see Jim's brother. They are so nice.
Finally got my den stuff upstairs. Have my curtains on the rods but need to hang them-I was going to try to wash the windows first, Nexr week. I get so wheezy when I use chemicals.
Hi all-have a great weekend. Mima
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

It will be a pretty quiet weekend for me.. We plan to go to the mall and look at exercise bikes.. I can't walk like I used to and we need to get some exercise. My hubby needs to too. I told him he had to do something besides sit on the couch ,rocker and at the table to eat. He spends a lot of time in front of the T.V. and sleeping..The lack of no activity for him drives me nuts.
I got my left shoulder injected. It already feels better The r/shoulder is in a couple weeks.
Have a good weekend everybody...Joanne
Old 09-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #12  

Hi everybody. Had sent a message to have the last thread stickied. Didn't know you could go to a thread to ask for help, so thanks for the info.

Joanne - the exercise bike won't hurt your knee? I tried one of those and after a week of doing it, my knee was so sore I had to stop.Glad your shoulder feels better. I guess those shots do help.

Mima - use Vinegar and water as a window cleaner. Also, get 2 good micro clothes. Use one wet and dry with the other. Nothing else needed. Does an amazing job. I use very little in the line of cleaners now, except in the bathroom. In the kitchen I sometimes use a small amount of bleach water to wash down the counters, but bleach gives me such a headache. I am thinking of getting one of those steamer cleaners for the floor, and it has small attachment for around the toilet and other small areas. Steam kills anything.

Kate - hope your shoulder is feeling a bit better. Did you all get lots of rain from Hurricane Earl? What a disater in New Zealand as well. Amazing nobody was killed.

I am getting closer to having the surgery on my toe. It is on the 13 Sept., and then no work for 6-8 weeks, they say. We will see. I usually heal pretty fast. Hope no complications come along with the blasted toe.

Everybody enjoy this nice long weekend.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #13  

Default Hey There

Yes Happy.I am a little concerned about bike and knees. I have to do something as my walking has been limited. I also want the hubby to use it.. I will just have to go slow and easy and not too often.
Hello Everybody.. Have a good weekend.Joanne
Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #14  

Good morning. I am going back to bed in a minute, We are mostly done at the camp-took all the bedclothes home to wash and then I will pack them away with tape on the door of the closet.
Company tomorrow or Fri-Missionary friends home on leave from Turkey-they are so nice, A little incentive to get things done but not all. They won;t care.
Had a nice lunch with Auntie.
Wish you could try the bike first-you can get one used on Craig's list.I'm sure.
Hope things go well with your toe, Anne.
Mima
Old 09-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

I say Craig's list. Getting the hubby to go around to them is a big problem. He refuses to let me go alone.. Another problem. There was only one listed in our area. I am taking it slow. Working my way up to at least 30 minutes. I did 15 minutes this morning,more tomorrow.
Have a good day..Joanne
Closed Thread