Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #46  

Default Hey There

Well My weekend started with a bang.. The A.C went out and we had to sleep at the sons last night. I guess we will be there till the A.C is fixed or we get another one. This one lasted almost 30 years and we have had only one time repair.. It is just too hot for us to be without one..
Otherwise we are well. Not going to be too easy to stay on my eating plan.. The son made breakfast and it was too good. Eggs with cheese and real bacon. I always buy Turkey bacon..
I came home to gather some things and get a bath while they are in church..
Have a nice day...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 335/335/200

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone~ I am new to the site and I spotted a Fibromyalgia post, so I thought I could pop in and say hello.
Joanne- no a/c? I would completely die. My hubby on the other hand is fine with just the fan going. Even though it has been 95 and above the last week.
I hope it is ok that I joined you, looking for support in the weight loss category, but also with the fibro. Hope you are all having a good, pain-free weekend!

Adrienne
altoanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #48  

Hi Altoanya!!! Joanne, you will not believe the difference in your electric bill with a new system -also check on rebates for more efficient systems. 30 years is a long time. But you sure can;t go without ac.
Love Homegoods-can go to Marshall's next week. and TJ Max.
So sick[I guess it's a virus. Probably going to cancel my doc's appt . Now it's going into my chest.
Waiting for our wedding invite-it's in the mail-I bet they sent it to FL so it will take a long time. I am driving the groom -Isaac-crazy because I need the info to plan but we are almost there. waiting for our FL friends to let us know what they want to do. Wow-he has 7 groomsmen. He has so many friends.
Bye for now MimA
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. A terrible week ahead....my husband's brother died unexpectedly Sunday morning. He was 62 years old. He had a history of heart problems but this was certainly an unexpected event. Hubby will be flying back up north for an overnight memorial service and to see his family this Friday. It will be a necessary and brief visit. I'll stay here and hold down the fort as the airfare was very expensive for such short notice. Poor hubby....his only sibling!
Joanne, thirty years for an A/C....great deal! Mima is right about the savings on the electric bill. The new units are very efficient and you will get a great tax credit for going to a more energy efficient model. Make sure you save your paperwork for next year's taxes.
Welcome Altoanya......my food plan is the South Beach diet which I am not doing so well on at the moment. I certainly do love my carbohydrates! I keep plugging away at it though.
Need to get some housework done. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Last edited by Kate53; 07-13-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #50  

Hey Kate, nice to see you posting again. My condolences to you and your hubby on the loss of his brother. He must be upset. Hope he has a safe trip. The old FM has not been very nice the past couple of weeks. The weather has been wet and cool and that = pain. However, this too shall pass. I need to really give myself a good talking to and get busy on some sort of eating plan. This is just crazy. Can't seem to get myself motivated, and then when I do, this darn FM brings on fatigue and I would kill for sugar and carbs.

Joanne - gosh, I hope you get a new AC soon. That old one sure doesn't owe you a thing after 30 yrs. I am sure you will notice a huge difference in the efficientcy of the new one as well. I like ours, as it runs through the furnace. Just set the temp for what I want and it stays there, so it's always comfortable. Not that we need one these days. It barely seems to get up into the 70's. July has been a cooler than usual month, that is for sure. Right now it is only around 50F out there and going to a high of 60 today; and it has been raining since yesterday. I LOVE bacon, and it's ok, if you just have one or two pieces. The problem is it doesn't like me much.

Mima - Sounds like you are coming along nicely with your house. Now, I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

Welcome Adrienne. Come join us. We aren't many, but at times we are chatty and we understand where you are as well.

Everybody have a good day. Meme, come out and play wherever you are.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #51  

Default Hey There

We didn't get a new AC. It was a broken wire. The guy that fixed it said that even though it was 30 years old it was still a better ac than the new ones. We paid a lot for it when we got it new. He suggested we keep it . he goes to the same church as my son so knowing that I trust his judgement. He could just as easy sold us a new one.
Then the car had to go to the shop today. That patch work taken care of .
Then my phone went on the blink. It would cost more to fix it than to almost buy a new one. My son had a good one he wasn't using. So he gave us that one.Next pharmacy made a mistake with my hubby's medication and I have that to deal with tomorrow.Now all this in one week.. I think I will run away!!!
Joanne
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #52  

You are having quite a week with stuff. Joanne, Brad has been so busy with AC work. Sometimes it's a dirty filter and sometimes the switch is off. And he gets 85 for showing up!!!
orry about hubby's brother, Kate. Last minute flights are so expensive. I though I had 3 free flights but si far I have to pay one way. That's not bad, I am so trustrated because the couple we are meeting have not confirmed their plans. And our invite went to FL and it's not here yet. That would be the wedding in Denver,
I feel so much better-actually getting stuff done. Hope your fm is better Anne. It's so hot and muggy here,
Stay good all Mima
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. I'm trying to tie up loose ends for hubby to take off Friday morning. He's been in a real funk these past few days and I sense he does not really want to make this trip. The expense has us both worried. And to top it all off...last evening I was cooking dinner when hubby came home and he mentioned that it felt too warm in the house. I went over to the thermostat and it registered 82 degrees! I just lost it at this point and thought "Here we go again!!!" I had to call the A/C repair company and they sent a guy out as an "emergency" call. Guess what that cost us??? I expected the worse but it turned out to be a clogged thing-a-majig in the line. So, $194 later, we have our cool air again. Couldn't I just scream!! I am going to find a very quiet spot on this planet to hide pretty soon! Off to get the house cleaned and run a couple of errands for hubby. I'll be glad when this week has ended. I feel so terrible for my MIL....she isn't taking this too well. I fear she may be the next casualty. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #54  

Default Hey There

All my little problems got cleared up.. I did something to my back. I'll just sit with the heating pad today and it will get better.. My daughter is coming for a few days next week. She may help me clean my carpet.. We also will have a good time at the mall. The son starts school at for law inforcement Monday.. Please send up some prayers for him. It seems strange ,here is a man with 4 degrees in architect design going back to school and starting all over again.He is really worried about it . After being out of school so many years,he is afraid he will not do well. I told him to just think that he can do it and do it well.
Hope things go well for the hubby ,Kate, Sorry to hear about his loss.
Have a good day everybody..Joanne
Old 07-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #55  

I hope all goes well, Kate. Children aren't supposed to die before their parents but it sure happens. I know 3 people whose sons got killed in their 20's. One was Brad's and you never forget.
I can't do much without getting sore. My foot and back aren't too good from clinbing the stairs but a lot is up there.We had to go to Lowe's and get the right floor leveler so the bathroom floor is one day behind.
Had spearmint and vanilla dairy free soft serve last night. Yum!!!
Bye for now Mima
Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #56  

Hi all! I think of you often, but I just don't stop in and post.

Kate, so sorry to hear of your loss

Take care everyone!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:27 AM   #57  

Tried to read all the posts and catch up ... quite a bit of catching up. Kate, so sorry about your BIL.

Been hurting really bad, weather here has been so bad for the rheumatic diseases. It's thundering even as I type ... and hot, oh my. Heat index over 100 some days even with the rain. I've been staying in the bed a lot and that's just not like me. I get out on Wed evening - go to church to practice with the Praise Team for the Sun Morn service and stay for the service then I usually go get groceries and out to eat on the weekend sometime and to church Sunday and that's about it for me. I don't feel like going that much but I make myself. Don't want to give up life completely. Hubby was working 10 hrs. - gone about 12 and that was killing me but he's back on reg. hrs so he can help some now. His mom and dad need a lot of help and he has to do that, too. I was having to go to the store for them, etc. At least I don't have to do that now. I'm just in pain and so tired all the time. I know you all know what I'm talking about. With the Fibro, both kinds of arthritis and anemia, I'm about ready to just give in to it all ... but I know I can't do that. I'm hoping this weather will let up soon. I've given up on sleep.

OK ... I'm done. Sorry!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #58  

Good morning-I keep losing my posts.
Hi Meme! it's not as hot here but humid=last morning in smelly apt. Moving the furniture upstairs while I am gone, Brad is good. Work upstairs is not perfect but overall it's nice.Love my new bedroom. White woodwork, seafoam green walls and a cherry floor.
Jessica had her baby Friday. Now I am an a step great-grandma.

Not going to Yellowstone but have our plans made for the Denver wedding in August.
Going to work for 3 days this week and 4 next week. Ending this before it gets lost. Mima
Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #59  

Default Lily

Finally a small pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41658_1344645377_7054_n.jpg (8.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #60  

Adorable baby.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote