Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #16  

Welcome Passionista!!! Hope things go well for you. Hang in there and hope to hear from you!

Joanne, wish I could send you some rain!!!!

I am ready to head to the Y. Wasn't there last week, so this will be interesting this morning.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #17  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody. One of the baby birds was on the ground under the nest. I hope a cat doesn't get it before it finds out it can fly..
Very hot here. Raining all around us just not over my house..
Did any one watch the Tony awards last night. They were good..
I saw in the paper that Jimmy Dean died.. You remember that song 'Big Bad John'. I used to like his tv shows.
Have a good week...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #18  

Oh, I hope the baby bird will be ok! I didn't watch the Tony awards. I hadn't seen that about Jimmy Dean. I remember that song.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #19  

Hi=I posted yesterday but it went into cyberspace.
Today is the first day tenants can move-PTL, Can't wait to get things done. Cherry floors and jade paint-a new quilt-ooooh.
Lily has a cough No fever-hate to see her sick but babysitters child was sick last week.
We are having a yard sale at the campground on sat. I have some stuff but got rid of a lot last year.
It rains every few days here. Brad is building a nice screen house at the campground. And he has lots of work.
And I am working on a recipe book of my mother's recipes. To give to all my family. Bye Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #20  

Default Hey There

The baby bird did not make it. I watched it off and on during the day .About 5 PM I found it under a bush. It had died. I guess the mother bird did not take care of it or she may have pushed out of the nest because she couldn't take care of all three or something was wrong with it. I buried it in my back yard. Then my back talked to me during the night . I had to take a pain pill so I could sleep . Guess I am getting 'too young ' to use a shovel to dig holes.
It is in the 90's with a heat index of a 100 or more.. Still no rain.
Have a good day..Joanne

Last edited by Joanne D; 06-15-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #21  

mima, that recipe book will be appreciated!!

Joanne, sorry about the bird, and I'm also sorry about your back.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #22  

Me too-I was afraid for the bird and NO MORE shoveling Joanne!!! I get in trouble all the time doing stuff,
Lily had to go to doc=she has a fever. Virus, Poor baby-she is only 2 and a half months,
My rheumo told me to shower 2x a day and use saline spray for my allergies. I will try anything.
Gotta get my car serviced today. Have the brakes checked.
Think tenants did some moving last night,
Brad has tons of work!!!! Mima
Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #23  

It's official =they are leaving by Sunday night. Had an argument about the rent-I don/t want the 3rd week and Debbie is insisting. Ha!
Got things lined up-Angela's dad and bil will do lots of the work. Need a cleaner.
Busy weekend-Bible study tonight, flea mahket in am, graduation party in pm. Sunday????
I baked lemon squares and a chocolate cake . Brad said the crust on the lemon squares was too hard,
I wake up every morning before 5. Stress. It's going to be hot this weekend,
Mima Hi all.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #24  

Default Hey There

It has been hot everyday here.. I am already for cool weather.. Cleaned my house somewhat yesterday. I don't know if my daughter will show up for the weekend. She is into surprises lately..
Take the money Mima.. You may need it to repair damage.
Have a good weekend Everybody...Joanne
Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #25  

My post flew into cyberspace, Can't sleep-is it everything going on or????
Lily is funally better-what a week!
Tenants done-bedroom is pathetic! But the repair work will begin as soon as we get supplies. I can't stay up there long because of the leftover smoke smell-I read that you even have to clean lightbulbs.
The weather has been so nice, It rains once in a while-sorry Joanne,
Hi to all. Mima
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #26  

Hi. Such a quiet board anymore.

Mima - glad the tenant is gone, and now you can start the clean-up and the repairs. Smoke gets into EVERYTHING. Need to wash the walls as well and clean carpets. Hope you can get it all gone. Glad baby is doing better again. Not nice when they get sick, when so young.

Joanne - Hope you have had some rain. I would LOVE to send you some. I am sick to death of it. Had a beautiful weekend, but it seems it is going to start with showers again today. The good thing is, it keeps the allergies at bay a bit, and everything is nice a green and lush. The flowers are beautiful now. Rose bushes, peonies, lilacs and Spring flowers are everywhere, and the colors are amazing.

Tammy - hope all is well with you. Where are you?? I guess busy organizing.

We went to a brunch and theater the other day. It was The Buddy Holly story and it was great. Loved the music. The brunch was great as well. Had a Father's Day BQ at my daughters, and my son and his family were there as well. So a really nice weekend.

I hope everybody is doing well and that pain levels are way down. Hi Kate and Meme if you stop in.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #27  

Good morning and hi to Anne. I have a cleaning lady coming to wash the walls and Stanley steamer will do the rug and the couch-some pieces were upstairs. . 2 rooms are being painted. Getting the supplies this morning,
It's raining here-But it only rains for a short time and then gets nice.
Thank God my carotid artery test was normal. Haven't had vertigo lately.
Bye for now Mima-I wouls like that show and brunch!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #28  

Default Hey There

I have been having computer problems and changed my address. This has made me a wreck... This is supposed to be a better site and will save me a little money..
Very hot here and we still are dry.. Looks like the hurricane is going to Mexico. I could have used a little of it's rain.
I hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend.
Joanne
Old 06-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #29  

Hi there-we had to come home from camp because the switch to the water heater went and Brad can't install the new one until he calls the company because the diagram doesn't match the wires. Oh well-I get to use the computer. have a great day!! Mima
Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #30  

Default Hey There

This a new week and I hope to get more done . The past week has not been the best one.. At my 'young' age getting a service change is a little upsetting. It is still a work in progress. I sent a email to Suzanne to see if she could me get on the mailing list. I can't seem to find a way.
It is still very hot and humid here. It is raining in Florida just not at my house.
The son is signing up for his law inforcement(sp) classes today and getting books and what he will need for his classes.I hope it all goes well for him.
Monday chores are waiting on me. A bath for Christie,clean her crate and my own chores to get done..
Have a Great Day...Joanne