Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #193

Hello to everybody.

Mima - have fun at the party. Glad you went to the Dr. and hope the iron gives you some energy.

Tammy - so glad the wedding went well. Now if you can get to feeling good again!

Joanne - so you are HOT!!! Well, we had snow on Saturday and Sunday. Not UNHEARD of, but still kind of unusual so late in the month. It usually happens on our long weekend, (22-24 May). Anyway, it is now finished with for this season, they tell us.

Had company from Denmark here for the past couple of weeks, so have been busy and NO computer time. We went sightseeing, visiting, shopping and, of course, to the Rocky Mountains for a few days. When they arrived on the 17 May, the weather was hot - up into the 80's(Summmer). This lasted a couple of days, and then it started to rain, and get cooler - This lasted a few days. When we left for the mountains on the 24 May, it was SPRING, just perfect weather for travelling around. Sunny and warm (in the 70's). By the time the weekend came, we had WINTER. So all three seasons rolled into 2 weeks!

Woke up with a headache this morning. Hope it goes away soon.

Where is Kate?? Hope she is still not in a depressive state.

Have a nice day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Happy- Yes it is hot here and will stay that way until at least the end of October. I went out to walk Christie about 8.15 this morning as I do every morning. The minute I opened the door I felt the blast of warm air.
I hope Kate is alright ,she just seemed to drop out.
Tammy- The wedding is over and now maybe you will find something new for you to do. Travel ,join a club and have some fun. I went through some down times when my kids got married and I realized that they were building their own lives and that I had to look for something else to fill my time..
Mima- I hope you are feeling better . Have your tenants moved ?
We have been receiving graduation cards from Great nieces and nephews we have never met or seen. Strange how we become aunt and uncle at that time.. Of course we send a card with a check. It seems that was the idea. Maybe I should not be so negative ,but, I find that difficult.Just venting..
Got some running around to do. Hubby said he wants a lemon pie so I need to go to the grocery and Walmart. They are turning walmart into a super store I may look there and see if I can get it all there..
Bye..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #3  

Anne, I remember you saying you'd be having company. Glad to hear you had a nice time. funny about 3 seasons in 2 weeks!

Joanne, I really don't do well in the heat. I have to windows open today because it's not as hot as it has been, and I'm debating closing them and turning the ac on. I know what you mean about receiving cards about graduations. Kind of like being invited to weddings and you really don't know the people.

Tim invited people to the wedding that he was close to from the family and a couple of my friends and their husbands. Many of my aunts and uncles barely know Tim, and they were not invited (great aunts and uncles to him). He didn't invite Bob's brothers (and you all know why - they are jerks!). My niece invited all of my aunts and uncles, and they hardly know her. they all know Tim better than her, but he said if he invited people he hardly knows, it's like begging for a gift.

Well, let me tell you what my new thing to do is. You know that I have served on many Emmaus teams over the past few years. I received a call the end of April asking me to be the Lay Director on the Women's Emmaus Walk in November! I was nervous about taking it on, but I prayed, and I called the head guy back and said that I will do it. I will be serving along with a pastor that I know who will be the Spiritual Director. She and I are in charge! I have already been getting things together to prepare for it. The team selection committee meeting is on June 15. After that I can start making phone calls to put my team together.

My scripture reference for the walk is Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under Heaven." That verse has always been special to me and even more so during Bob's illness and death. Since I chose that, I have heard the song "Turn, turn, turn" by the Byrds from the 60's that is based on that verse, I have run across the verse in 2 different books that I've read since then, and it was in a movie I watched the other night. I think it was the right verse to choose.

Just broke down and closed the windows and turned the ac on. Couldn't take it any more!! lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #4  

Tammy, I also like that scripture. That one and Romans 8:28 ... We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose. Those are two of my favorites. I wish you well in your endeavor. I'm sure you will be a wonderful director.

It is hot here, too. Hot and muggy. Thunder storms almost every afternoon. Not good weather for arthritis and fibro. Now my back is giving me a fit as well. Got outside and got 30 minutes of sun today. Arms are stinging a little but I felt I needed the Vit. D ... even tho I take supplements.

Been having computer problems ... esp. on this notebook. It could just shut down anytime. Going to buy a new one soon. I've been saving up! So ... going to get off here before I lose this. Hi to evereyone and - Have a good weekend y'all.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #5  

Thanks for the bible verses-Brad was asked to say a blessing before we eat tomorrow night. Going to help decorate today.
The tenant said they tentatively have a place, I pray so hard but God;s timing is perfect.
I can't go for a walk because of my allergies. Going to get those new rocker shoes-I think, Payless has them -Champions. DIL likes hers though she paid big bucks.
Bye for now-MimA who forgot waht she was going to say.
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #6  

Meme, I also like that scripture. We're expecting more storms here too. Hope you find a good deal on a new computer.

Mima, I hope the tenants do get a place. I have a couple of friends with those rocker shoes, and they love them.

Sent Kate a message. She has been busy, and she just hasn't had time to get on here. She is trying to find some part time work, and she has been having trouble with the fibro.

Tim is coming over to trim bushes and take care of weeds around the bushes. Told him I'd buy him lunch!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #7  

I'm back ... bored, tired, nervous. I bought a pair of Champions @ Payless tonight but they aren't rockers. They have the back out & lace up but they are really comfortable. I started walking on the treadmill this week, it hurts my ankle but I'm doing it anyway. Need to exercise. I have a stress test scheduled for Monday morning but they're using meds for that. I dread it! I'm on Inderal and my heart rate is really slow so it's going to take something for them to get it up where they're going to want it & I have a feeling my body is not going to like that.

Tammy, it's good Tim is helping with the bushes & weeds. Don't know what we'll do when hubby gets where he can't do ours. We have a son, SIL and 2 grandsons but we'll probably have to pay someone. Tomorrow he is going to mow at church then his parent's yard and then our yard. Sure hope it doesn't rain again.

Mima, what do you do for your allergies? I'm on Allegra and a nose spray. They help some but my eyes & nose still run and I have a cough when I go out or around dust and in stores etc. It's aggrevating. Just wondering what others do ...
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #8  

I take Allegra and have a nose spray. Have Advair and an inhaler for when I have asthma. We opened a lot of pkgs from Oriental Trading and my eyes burned on the way home-could hardly see out of one eye.
The wedding looks like fun. Lots of games etc. Pam did such great planning. We can rest after church tomorrow.
Getting a manicure and pedicure and eyebrow waxing this morning. It's raining. Won't do my hair til later.
Glad you will see Tim. It's hard when they leave home.
We are having bible school patterned after the Great Revival-Jonathan Edwards
only 3 days in July-costumes.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #9  

Meme, I have a pair of shoes like the ones you bought. I love them! Will be thinking of you about the stress test!! Let us know how it goes. Well the bushes and weeds aren't done. Tim ended up having to work, so I'm hoping he can do them on his next free time (when it isn't raining!). I used something for allergies one summer, but I can't remember the name of it! something - D.

Mimi, you have lots of things going on! Try not to get too tired.

Just received the CD with all of the women who have been through Emmaus Walks so I can go through and list those I'd like on the team. We have a team selection meeting on the 15th. There are 8 of us who come together, and we each name the ones on our list for each position. The women whose names are listed the most are the first ones that I have to call, and then work my way down the list till I have the team filled. It's exciting!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #10  

Default Hey There

I take Claritin. It works as well as most any of them..
Went out and got my hair cut. Now I am letting the oven clean itself. Then I will wash the ash out.. It was a mess.
Had my Mammogram yesterday. I hate that. I would think at my age I could stop doing that every year. No breast cancer in my family.
I bought a pair of rocker shoes from Avon. They were the worst shoes I ever put on my feet. The arthritis flared up right where the strap went across my ankle. I gave them to goodwill.
Hello Everybody..Stay healthy...Joanne
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #11  

I saw those shoes in the Avon book. Hmm. The wedding was a blast-even though I only got 5 and a half hours sleep but will go back to bed before church.
Jessica called yesterday-she is pregnant again-saw her last night and she looks great. Sad story-she's following in the footsteps of her Mom. Yet she's a better mother than her mom. Anyways-it;s a girl and Suzanne offered her some of her things.
We took home the container with all the envelopes because they would have to leave then in the car, So somehow we will see them today,
Bye for now. Mima
Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #12  

Suzanne had to bring Lily to the doctor because she has a benign cyst on the back of her neck. They are watching it.
Debbie upstairs got the rental-Praise God. Their new lease starts the 15th. Need to hire people to do the work.
Hi to all-brr -it got cool again Mima
Old 06-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #13  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies!

I have fibromyalgia and a few other health conditions I'm working with. I just started physical therapy to help deal with old injuries. Man, it was nice during the process but I was in so much pain afterwards! I'm learning more and more that I have to be vigilant about nutrition, sleep, exercise and stress levels or I pay for it in pain!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #14  

sugar causes me bad pain as well as wheat and milk.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

I see my reply did not get here last night.
Welcome Passionista.. Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal.
Mima- I have found that I cannot take fish oil capsules. The side effects are gas. That gives me too much pain.. The Dr. will have to think of something else.
The weekend is almost here. I sure hope the weather man is right and we may get rain.
Everyone down here is watching the oil spill. It may not get here, but ,you never know. Bad weather off the gulf may change everything.
I hope everybody has a good weekend...Joanne