Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 11:25 PM   #16  

Joanne...it wouldn't do any good...everybody here would just have to go with me!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:24 AM   #17  

http://www.sendthefun.com/HiddenAnim...animalface.jpg

Go have a look. This is pretty cool
Old 04-17-2002, 09:18 AM   #18  

Default hi

Bad day yesterday-I ran over the cement block in a parking lot and then I backed into a truck when I was being so...... careful. Maybe he backed into me-we were both backing up at the same time.Of course I have a big dent in my bumper and he didn't have a scratch.But then my niece and sisterinlaw took me out to dinner and gave me a certificate for a massage and facial. I'm going to cancel my other appt. and use this. I have to take it easy today-Back and fibro bad. Brad's gone to work and i'm going to a play tomorrow. Good. Hope everyone is good. mima
Old 04-18-2002, 12:39 AM   #19  

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn't walk! Guess it is a pinched nerve somewhere in my back. I finally made it through to the dining room. Hubby had gone for a walk before work. I was afraid he would come back and get in his truck and go on to work without coming inside so I called my son...hubby walks down the road right in front of his house. I told him to see if he could catch him before he got back home. So I wound up with my son and my husband both rushing in to see what was wrong with me! They got my crutches out of the car (I don't leave home without them) and I made it back to bed. Hubby stayed home this morning and took Ross to school at 10:45 then went on in to work. I stayed in bed nearly all day. At about 3 pm I turned over and something "moved" in my lower back. It has been getting better ever since then...I'm down to one crutch now and probably wouldn't HAVE to have that but I'm just afraid to try walking without it...scared I'll get half way across the room and it'll hit again!

WHAT NEXT??? At least my life isn't DULL!
Old 04-18-2002, 02:58 AM   #20  

Meme......how awful! I would think using one crutch would make your spine off balance?????????????? Where do you hurt and don't say all over! I already know that cause I do too! I mean what is causing you to not bealbe to walk>.....<.........<>>>

Joanne..thanks for explaining that..I have in-law problems too!

Mima..you are gonna get so skinny!

Happy.............snow! Yikes it was 88 hear and way to warm and I feel like Shi* Trying to work outside but too darn fatigued and to much pain!

Ally disappeared again!

got a man coming to prune and cut trees down form the last ice storm........gotta be up early and it is gonna be a hot one! (the day not the man!!!!)
Old 04-18-2002, 07:36 AM   #21  

Default hi

I took it much easier yesterday. Poor you Meme!!!I hyope you feel better. really hot yesterday-like july. We went and arranged the dinner after the wedding. nice place-25 people. I'm going to get the centerpieces-simple-I was thinking of a hurricane glass with a candle in the middle surrounded by flowers. Only 4 tables. We\are getting there-I'm going to a play today with my sister-in-law and Brad is bringing chinese home because he has to go to the restaurant and fix something. One of the benefits of his work-free food. I have been eating well since I found out about my cholesterol being 248. Hi all-Bye for now Mima
Old 04-18-2002, 09:47 AM   #22  

Default Hey There

Meme- My God Girl-- It never ends for you...
Candice... To bad it wasn't the guy that was a hot. It would be fun just to watch him. I never get too old to look. You just have to be careful the hubby doesn't catch you looking. Believe me they look their fill.
Mima.. I suggest you stay hame till after the wedding. It will be safe for you to go out then. It sounds like you have interesting planned days lined up.
My sister goes back to N.Y. tomorrow. She is not happy about it but she will be back in September. Her son is getting married and her daughter is having surgery so she has to be there. I saw that it was 94 there yesterday. We are in the 80's here.
Hello all... Joanne
Old 04-18-2002, 02:43 PM   #23  

Thumbs up Hi

All of you are experiencing temps in the 80's and we are having snow again today. This was the worst March on record and now April is following in it's footsteps. It is only 32 above!!!!! At least is is melting as soon as it hits the ground and I guess it is ok, as it will save us from drought. Great moisture, even if it is white

Meme - I hope you are ok now. I have only had that happen to me once and that was right after back surgery. I went to the store, got out of the car and my legs wouldn't move. Scared me silly. Went back home and thought I could crawl fromt he car to the house, but by that time, the spasm was gone and I could walk. Really took it as I sign I was overdoing it and started to behave myself.

Candice - I would love some hot weather and I agree with Joanne - looking sure won't kill you:lol My brother told me once, when I was ribbing him about looking at woman other than his wife "my great grandpappy told me it was ok to look, as long as you eat at home". That is how men think You gotta love em!

I am glad that it isn't up in the 80's here. I don't do so well in hot weather. Like it around 75. That is about perfect.

Joanne - Hi . 94, I am sure I would be dead. We rarely have temps that hot, even in the dead of summer. Once in a while it does happen, but most of us don't have air conditioning in our homes. We also lack humidity when it is that hot. Nice you got to visit with your sister.

Mima - Enjoy the play. That is a nice perk, to be able to bring home food - I like that.

What has happened to Ally? Did someone finally start to take up all her time?

Everyone enjoy the day.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:38 PM   #24  

No, Happy...I'm still here. I am just having a little flare up. Those migraines and carb cravings I have were the early warning signs. I have had a lot of muscle pain, in fact pulled a groin muscle when I was walking and then the last two days just total fatigue.
But I am better prepared now than I used to be. I just keep walking...to buy into the tiredness means I won't sleep at nite plus I will gain weight and get miserable.
Meme....I always wonder how much you can get done before you will drop. Take it easy. Pace yourself.
It is hot hot hot here til Saturday. Haven't even gotten on the computer at home cause it is too hot in this room...but I figured you guys would think I was up to something if I didn't check in.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:23 PM   #25  

Default Hi

Happy- It was 94 in N.Y. It was in the 80's here in Florida. 92-94 is not unusual here in the summer. I go walking and am wet when I get home. SNOW!!!
Ally- Hope you are feeling well soon...
Bye... Joanne
Old 04-19-2002, 08:33 AM   #26  

Default Hi

Snow must be depressing Anne. Went to the play -iy was great but they didn't have their air cond. on-very hot-much cooler today. i had to go to the chiro yesterday because my back hurt so much-it's better today. i made an appt. for next week. Brad is starting to work a lot because he's in the air conditioning business. He had 3 service calls last night afeter an 8 hour day. But I'm not going to feel guilty when I take it easy because i hurt myself so easily. Next Sat. we are going to move the stuff out of the condo.He hired someone to help him and I hope I can get my son to help. We are going to rent a truck-it's only 2 rooms of furniture and lots of boxes. I keep bringing home a little at a time. Going to the mall I think. Will be careful. Bye and feel good everyone!!!!mIMA
Old 04-20-2002, 03:23 AM   #27  

I'm so ready to feel better!!! I just vacuumed my bathroom tonight and my back started hurting! Plus...I'm still coughing! I have so much I need to be doing. I haven't even started my "spring" cleaning...summer will be here before I know it! I have all my closets to clean out, windows to wash and all the glass stuff above my cabinets to take down and wash - plus my light globes in the dining room. My cabinets need cleaning inside and out. I've been taking muscle relaxants and all I want to do is sleep. Tomorrow I'm going to an all day Women's Conference so I won't be getting any housework done! I need to wash, I need to iron, I need to clean, my dog needs brushing and my aquarium needs cleaning out! I sure hope I feel better next week!!!

Candice...maybe we should get together and "feel bad"! We could console each other!

Hey Ally...take your own advise...

Anne...still got snow? Your yucky week is over!!! I have to have a mamogram on May 17 then go have a breast exam PLUS go to the Rheumatologist on the 20th (which is my BD!) NOT looking forward to my BD this year!!!

Hey Joanne and Mima!
Old 04-20-2002, 03:38 AM   #28  

.........................Well.............it's my BD and feel old and yucky! Just been so down all week and still hurtin'.......The boys will be home today and bring some food and a cake and angle food with that new whipped icing..........supposed to be lower fat and of you know??????????

I bet Ally was just walking when she pulled that groin muscle!!!!!LOL Now we know why she hasn't been around! ( gee ally you and meme and I could have a pitty party for pain!)
Old 04-20-2002, 03:53 AM   #29  

http://www.design-max.net/HappyBirthdayCandice.html
Old 04-20-2002, 03:33 PM   #30  

Default Hey There

Candice- Happy BirthdaY!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A REALLY NICE DAY.
I'm with you .I bet Ally was doing something else other than walking
Ally Just joking!!
Mema- Hello. Don't get too tired before the wedding
Hello Meme Get well!
Hello Happy - I hope the weather has improved..
A few days ago my leg was hurting so bad I could hardly walk. It is much better today. It must have been pinching a nerve. I will not let this get the best of me. I have too many things I want to do.
Bye...Joanne
Closed Thread