Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:00 AM   #31  

Meme-complain all you want! Doctor's appts can be frustrating, Joanne.
Dentist and chiro yesterday-chiro does this thing to my head and it makes the sinuses open up plus the Chinese restaurant was next door, So I got hot and sour soup.
Hope the oil man comes today-Brad has been waiting for 2 weeks. He has 2 more places to go for work. Kids coming sat night-we are pulling names for Christams.
We ahve an annuity and it never goes down but it doesn't make a lot of money. But we would have lost a lot if it went down. So PTL for that.
Walmart today for stuff. Mima
Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #32  

Hubby will gripe and complain to me but will not make a fuss ...so we are waiting to hear when they will be back to sand. They say we are being too picky and the work they did was fine....it will not show up in pictures, the lighting has to be just right. Makes me made but I can't let it bother me if they can fix it. Just not sure they can....I cannot go through another demolition here!!!!!!!!!! and they expect us to pay for the visit...

Had my mammo and dental cleaning...hate both

Gotta go rest.....

Glad meme is getting back to normal, and Joanne salad does a number on me too but I eat it anyway. Mima hope you got packed warm here too and Tammy hugs....Happy I need you here to run my life
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #33  

Good morning.

Mima - Glad you got through that Dentist yesterday. That is the appointment I hate the most. Even just getting my teeth cleaned, I don't like. I love how they feel after, however. My Chiro does my sinuses as well, and it really does help. Right now, I have eye drops and a nose spray for these darn allergies, but I am not sure how much the nose spray is working. The eye drops seem to keep my eyes from feeling like they are full of sand. The Pharmacist told me to use them forever! Well, that is a very long time, so we shall see.

Meme - You are NOT complaining, only stating that you didn't feel well. Of course we know you go to church for YOU, and that is great, but when you just got over surgery, you can't be running all over the place. Your body just will rebel if you do. You still had anesthetic, and that does a real number on a person. It takes 6 weeks to get back to normal, after any surgery. I certainly am NOT suggesting that you lay around for all that time, but hey, you are the one who says you never have any time to yourself! There was your chance to just rest, and there you are just being MEME, who we all love I am glad that you are feeling better.

Joanne - I hope the antibiotics start to work for Louie. It is a worry when you don't know WHY stuff is happening. You are right, the older we get, the more stuff appears.

Tammy - Sending you hugs and hoping you got through Bob's birthday ok. That would have been a hard day for you. I know that the puppy will be a comfort to you, and you can join Meme and Joanne singing "The New Puppy Blues"

Candice - I hope you make them take it back, or at the very least not pay them for coming a doing what they should have done right the first time. Boy, that would make me mad. Everybody expects to get paid top dollar for their work, but they refuse to give you a good product in return. You take it easy and soon you will be settled in. Here's a graphic just for you on how you feel

I have to go shopping today. It is my gsons birthday (10 yr) and he wanted some Martian thing. I had no idea, so I had to enlist the help of Miss ASHLEY, who knew exactly what I was talking about (it's a 10 yr old thing with toys). Now I know what I am looking for, at least.

We are going on a dinner cruise on Saturday night, on a river boat. It is a paddle boat and it travels down the North Saskatchewan River. That river vally is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen, and the Fall colors will be great, provided there are any leaves LEFT on the trees, as it has been so darn windy the past few days. I will take pictures, as it is SUPPOSED to be a nice day.

I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 09-25-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #34  

Wow for that river cruise, Anne.
Brad's aunt fell and she is in a neck brace for 3 weeks because she has hairline fractures and if she doesn't keep it on she could become paralyzed. Yikes!!
Ok-I woke up at 3!!!! Hubby has been sleeping in br-I think he wakes me up-up and down. up and down!!! The other bed is loaded with stuff. wah, wah , wah-I have a lot to complain about,
there was an awesome page about patience in the daily Bread-Brad said he should read it every day. Today is his last day to work and it's only to collect money.
Hope that puppy is good, tammy. Maybe you can post us a picture.
The leaves are really beautiful here and I be they will be nice in NC. We will not be far from TN. In the Smokeys.
Bye for now Mima
Old 09-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #35  

Hope your cruise was nice. Anne. And you are feeling better Meme. Tammy-how is the puppy. Now you are busy. Hey Joanne-we have tons of rain.
We went to a funeral service yesterday and it was so joyous. The son of the person who died is a Pastor-and he sang and played the guitar. It was great even though we know our friends are sad because they lost their grandfather.
Then all 11 of our family was here last night, And the dinner turned out great. We talked Brett into taking the carcass of the chicken and making soup.
I also found out that Bobby does all the cooking for him and Pam. Mike does all the cooking for his family-Yikes!!!
It is funny that a lot of this younger generation does not cook. Suzanne does and I guess Jim does too.
Up at 4 but I will go back to sleep. Sunday is a restful day for us. That means a nap.
I am getting sad-I realized that Becky will be getting close to walking when we get back.
We drew the names for Christmas. Now this will be fun but it will seem weird not buying presents for the older children-except that Brad has Bobby's name and we have to mail it so I hope his wish list does not contain tools.
Bye for now Mima
Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #36  

MEME_What is the gas situation in TN-just heard from our Fl Pastor that there is a gas shortage and we will be going through TN to get to NC. Thanks Mima
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #37  

Default Hey There

Mima-I don't know what the gas shortage is south of us. So far we have not seen one here in our area..
Happy- The antiobiotics worked fine. We found out that he broke some bones in his hand sometime in the past. He has fallen a couple times in the past year.He put out his hands to catch himself.. The dr. says that he has to be careful to not strain that hand as each time he does the calcium around the bones will seperate.. At his age he doen't do very much around here. i guess he will do less.Maybe I can become two people..
How you doing Meme? I hope you are beginning to feel normal.
Hello Candice...
Watching the Bucs today.
Joanne
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #38  

Default Hey There

Mima- I see on the news that Ga. and the Carolinas are have gas problems. Hope you don't run into a problem..
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 09-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #39  

Thanks, Joanne-it;s not on the news here. Our friends in TN said there was no prblem in Knoxville-it;s the people coming from Fl that will have a problem. GA opened their pipeline yesterday. We may be the only ones there for the weekend.
Had to go to docs yesterday-I was getting so sick from sinuses I think-he put me on Zithromax-hope it has no side effects for me-leaving this morning,
I had a temp.
Have to stop at Whole Foods to get my cookies. If there is a computer, I will check in. Mima
Old 10-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #40  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody...This spot has been really quiet..Mima must be on her way down.. I guess we will hear from her when she gets settled.
Happy must be busy getting ready for winter or going to see all the wonderful color up there.. The closest I get to that is north Fl. I hope we will be able to go to our daughters after our son's B/D.. He will be 50. I can hardly believe how the years have gone by.
Meme- How are you? I hope you are beginning to feel better..
Tammy has her puppy and I bet she is having a ball potty training it..
Candice, do you think you will be in your house for the Holidays?
Everything is about the same here. The mornings are a little cooler ,but, I doubt that will last long. We still need rain. I hate to see my water bill this month..
Take care everybody.. Have a Great Weekend
Joanne
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #41  

Hi Joanne.

Not getting ready for winter, as, hopefully, it is still another month or better away. Sometimes it snow on Halloween, but not always. The colors are beautiful - mostly shades of gold. We don't have the trees that turn red (I think they are maple but not sure). I think I will go out and take a few pictures today, BEFORE a big wind comes along and helps them fall to the ground. This week, the temps have been up in the 80's - we have broken all previous records. Hope it continues, although it is falling. Today it will be only in the 70's. By next week, we will be back to our normal seasonal temps of about 50F.

I wonder where the heck everybody is. I have been working this week and when I do, I find it hard to sit at the computer in the evening. I am thinking I am just going to tell my boss that I only want to work 2 days a week. That is good for me.

Hope everybody is keeping well. If you come and read, stop in and say HI so we know you are ok.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 10-04-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #42  

Happy thanks for the graphic..hope I do not look that old They have not been back yet, just now returning our call..after several tries. i BET YOU are enjoying that gson...funny about the toy..I would not know either.

JOANNE, WE ARE IN, JUST NOT SETTLED YET.

hello tam, mima, meme andall lurkers
Old 10-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #43  

Would like to ask everyone to pray for our DIL. She had thyroid surgery on Mon. Started complaining of a bad headache Mon. night. Headache got much worse Tues. and son took her back to the hospital. They did a CT but didn't find anything. Dr. prescribed pain meds and muscle relaxers ... said it was probably just the way they tilted her head back during surgery. The headache just got worse. Finaly, early this morning, she woke up around 2 or 3 crying w/headache. Her dad took her back to the hospital. Her dad lives in E. TN and has been staying at their house. Son hadn't had any sleep for a couple of nights so he stayed w/kids. They did a MRI and found a spot of blood on her brain so they LifeFlighted her to Erlanger in Chattanooga,TN. We don't know anything ... they are doing a MRA which is supposed to show all the blood vessels in the brain better than a MRI and that takes about 6 hrs. Just pray they don't find anything. She is only 39.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #44  

Default Hey There

Meme- Prayers coming to your DIL ..Sounds like she threw a clot during or after surgery..Hope she gets better soon..
Mima- Where are you?.. Florida Yet?
Our son is 50! his wife is having a party for him Sat. I see my children getting to middle age and Grand children grown.. GOD! I am getting younger..
Everybody have a good weekend...Joanne
Old 10-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #45  

Hello everyone!
Meme, will keep you and family in prayers.
Anne, 2 days a week is plenty!! I'll write you a note of permission for the boss.
Candice, we've lived here almost 3 years, and sometimes I don't feel settled yet.
Joanne, I agree that you are getting younger!! When I met you, it was hard for me to think of you having a son that would be 50 since I'm 53.
Mima, hope your trip was uneventful on the way to Florida.

Tim and his gf are here for the weekend. Maurice is doing well. Only a few accidents in the house, so that isn't too bad. He has not made any messes in his crate, so that is a huge plus! I leave him in there when I leave the house and at bedtime.

I made a decision this week after reading more of the book we are using in the grief counseling sessions. It mentioned overdoing things just to stay away from the house. I have definitely been doing that with all of the things that I am doing at the Y, and I know that I am wearing myself out. Makes the fibro kick in big time. Next session, I am going to take fewer classes. Now that I have Maurice, I want to be here more to play with him (and to take naps together!! lol)

I think of you guys all the time. One of these days I'll get back on here more regularly.
Closed Thread