Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #76  

Here's a picture of Tammy's puppy, Maurice.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 AM   #77  

Oh what a cutie-and the owner too!!!
Going to doc-I am packing-hope it's for the good.
Went to get a body perm yesterday-he siad not to use the curling iron for 2 days so i look like an old lady with the curls.
Met mike at burger King so we could see them before we went. Going to take Evan to the pageant this year. Hope he can sit through it.
Got up at 4-not good. Mima
Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #78  

Meme, thanks for posting the picture!!

Mima, what is the vitamin K for?

Joanne, it won't surprise me if Tim and Lauren get married before she finishes school. I know she has already checked into a couple other schools about transferring credits if she would leave Ball State.

Nothingtofear, welcome to the group!! I agree with Joanne about getting to a good doctor. The right one can make a huge difference. Please let us know how you are doing, and if you have found the right doctor.

I went for a reflexology session this morning. That is my second one. Felt good!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #79  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Vit K is to help the clotting of the blood.
Boy do I need something.. I hurt from my neck to my toes.. It must be the weather that has flared up the old arthritis..I was watching the Rays last night. I got to give both teams credit for playing in that rain. I have hope that the Rays will do the job,but, the Phillys are a tough bunch and that crowd in the stands would unnerve God himself..
Mima- I got a perm once in my life . They just about made me bald. My hair was a burned mess of frizz..I have some natural curl anyway.. I thought I just needed some body.. Never again..Hope you are feeling better.
Hello Meme, Happy. In the 40's here in the am then back to the 80's by the weekend.. Florida weather..
Joanne
Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #80  

Hi. Tammy, cute that baby is! and his mommy isn't so bad either Congrats to your son and his gal.

Joanne - it is 72F here today. We could just as easily have snow this time of year, but it has chosen to be nice for at least another week. I started on Celebrex and it seems to be helping. NOTHING was taking care of the pain so decided to give it a try. Soon, I will try do without it and see what happens.

Mima - gosh, you are having quite a time with your tummy. Hope you have a good trip. For some reason, I can't remember where you are going, so if you could enlighten me, that would be nice.

Went to Edmonton for the weekend, as it was my daughter's birthday. Did lot's of visiting, drove through a windstorm with gusts up to 60 mph. Scared me half to death, as I was driving. It was trying to snow, and it was swirling around but nothing was sticking. It was too windy to stick!!

Welcome to all the new people that have stopped in. Hope you continue to come round. Dieting isn't fun, and pain is less fun, so we get together and make the best of it.

Everybody have a nice night. Hi to Meme and Candice.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 10-28-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #81  

Forget vitamin k-doc says I could get a clot and have a heart attack. He also wants to do a colonoscopy when we get back from the Grand Canyon-he doesn't like how much blood I lost.
Leaving in 2 hours -didn't sleep well-the heat kept going on. Will be in washington DC tomorrow. And Chicago on Friday-AZ Sat night.
I am not supposed to take my fibro med and I am hurting too. Mima
Old 10-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #82  

Thanks for the info about Vit. K. I probably knew at one time, but my brain doesn't work like it use to work. I haven't watched the ball games, and to be honest, I had no idea who was playing. It's supposed to be in the 60's here in a couple of days. About 40 right now.

Anne, glad that it's still nice weather for you! I am not ready for snow, but I know it is coming. 60 MPH wind would definitely make it tough for driving. When we had the remnants of Hurricane Ike, that's what we were having, and I didn't like it one bit especially since I was out driving in it. Glad you were able to visit!!

Mima, I am so confused! I thought you were going to Florida! I guess I need to read the posts more closely.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #83  

Mima - that's right, I forgot you were heading to the Grand Canyon. I hope that you feel ok and don't run into problems along the way. I would probably have opted to stay home, myself. I hope you are flying and not going on a bus! I knew you had moved to Florida already, but just didn't remember where you were going. So thanks for letting me know that.

Tammy - yes, that was freaky driving, with stuff blowing in front of you. On the highway, it was like driving in a dust bowl. All the farmers have finished combining and their fields are cleaned up for next year. I wonder if the guys on the right side of the road will end up with the most soil. It sure was blowing and it was hard to see in some places.

Going to make my Fruit cakes this morning, and also Nuts and Bolts. Have to start doinging them, instead of talking about doing them lol

Everybody have a good day.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everybody,

Maurice is adorable isn't he! I really believe in the healing power of pets. Our cat (we adopted her about five months ago), is a lot like me. A middle-aged fat lady. She's 8, and 16.5 lbs (down from almost 18 when we got her) with arthritis. She snores terribly, so probably has sleep apnea (I did until I lost about 30 lbs). We're trying to get more weight off of her.

My husband and I are both fat and disabled, so a fat, disabled cat seemed appropriate. On cold, damp days we're all miserable. Although it was hilarious to introduce our fat girl to the joys of an electric blanket on a cold, damp day. I think it was Monday, I was flaring and freezing, so I had the electric blanket on, and I didn't even notice the cat until I heard the loudest purring I'd ever heard from her (usually she only purrs when we're petting her or paying direct attention to her). She had stretched out as far as she could to expose as much of her body to the heat as she could. I could definitely relate.

I'm taking much better care of myself - making sure to get my afternoon nap in, but I'm still stuck in a huge flare (I think a large part of it, is this sinus infection that just won't leave.). I went to the doctor today because the sinus crud hasn't cleared up (over a month now), but was told my lungs are clear and it's probably viral so there's no use getting an antibiotic. So basically he told me to do what I have been doing - lots of fluids, steam, saline solution and rest.

My husband's friend (our neighbor) had what seemed to be the same virus shortly after I got sick, but his is long gone. I'm wondering if we had different viruses or wether the fibro just makes it harder to get over stuff.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #85  

Anne, I laughed about the soil going from one field to another because that's what I was thinking here the other day when it was blowing so much!

Kaplods, Maurice is up to 7.8 pounds! A real bruiser. lol He really has helped me when I'm feeling down. Had to laugh about the electric blanket. I can relate.

I changed my tracker the other day to start over. I bought new scales, so I thought I would just begin again. Maybe some day I will actually stick to a good eating plan, keep exercising, and lose some more.

Hello to everyone!!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #86  

Tammy-I had to memorize our itenerary, it's complicated. We went from MA to NC a month ago-worked at a Cristian Camp for a week and headed to FL. We left FL on Wed. We are in chicago waiting to board the train to Williams AZ.
The nice thing about a sleeper is that you can go in a special lounge.
The train ride is tough at night.They are blowing ti
he horn constantly and the track is bumpy. But we have had a good time meeting people.And this should be the best because we will see the West.
Hi everyone and bye for now. Mima
Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #87  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.
My son became a step-Papou'(G/father) today.. I guess that makes me a step-Great G/yia yia (G/mother)..It was a little girl 6+ lbs.. Name- Audrey Rose
I wonder why Mima went to the Grand Canyon via Chicago? I have been there twice.. I was not impressed with all the shops but the Canyon was wonderful.. Given the chance I would go again. Just to sit and look into the Canyon.
It is trick or treat night so I better get ready although we seldom have more than a few children come..
Joanne
Old 11-01-2008, 05:42 AM   #88  

Just been busy with house stuff, the counter is done but not perfect so trying to get the kitchen unpacked...then the landscaper had time to work us in before winter so been in the yard helping him so hurting..muddy mess and watering alot.

Cute puppy!

Boundries...found it boaring since I knew most of the the stuff they were talking about......but it did "confirm" my thoughts...... but people still do not understand!!!!!!!all my books are still packed up..no time to read anymore

Cute trick or treaters...........some polite and some pushy grabby ones

Hi to all..............................

Last edited by Candicej; 11-01-2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #89  

Mima, I've always wanted to take a trip by train. We talked about it a couple summers ago, but ended up not doing it. Maybe I will some day.

Joanne, congrats on the new baby!! I like the name. My great niece had a baby in June, Hannah Rose.

Candice, hope things will be coming together for you and you will have some time to just sit back and relax!!

Would you believe that the book that we are doing in the new bible study is about Boundaries? I couldn't believe it since we were just talking about it. I guess it's more about balance, but I think those go together.

Tim and Lauren will be here soon. Just coming to visit for the afternoon. I think they just want to see Maurice!!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #90  

Hello

I guess Mima is still away. Hope the weather has been good for them and I sure hope she has been feeling well. The Grand Canyon is someplace I intend to get to one day as well - perhaps on my way to Arizona one winter.

Klapods - How are you doing. Glad to see you here. Cute story about the cat and the electric blanket. I don't own one, but have thought about it often. I have a large heating blanket (giant heating pad really, that covers from my shoulders to my hips and it is WIDE! You can leave it on all night and not burn yourself.

Tammy - so glad that little Maurice is providing what you need at times. That is great.

Joanne - congrats on the new baby. I guess this does make you a grandma once again.

Candice - nice to see you pop in as well. You are making progress and that is all that matters.

The weather has been unbelievable here - up in the 70's. I think they are forcasting SNOW for Wednesday, but today is another great day. Hey, for the 3 November, NOBODY in Alberta is complaining lol

Hope you all have a great day.
Closed Thread