Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #16  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. Not really hiding ,just too busy for my own good.. Got to go to Sams today.. I get a lot of my OTC meds there. Cheaper.I also buy some foods bulk.. That is easier on the pocketbook too.
I got rid of the soy milk and so far my abdomal pain has decreased.. That may have been the problem..The pain is not worth the less calories..Skim milk is only 10 more cal. than lt soy..
We will know on monday what if anything they found in the hubbies neck arteries.. He has had quad bypass(12 years ago) so it stands to reason there is plax there too.
I weighed in yesterday. gained a pound.. I want to lose more but I gain.. I know some is fluid retention.. I made soup last week with fat free chicken broth.. I know that is some of the problem.. Eleni says that I can get it with less salt.. I will check that out.
OK got laundry waiting on me.. Back later..Joanne
Old 09-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #17  

Joanne, hope your hubby's tests turn out ok. I'm actually losing weight but can't wear any of my clothes. So frustrating. My stomach & belly is still so swollen or bloated from the surgery, nothing will fit around my waist. I went through my extra closet this morning and found some things I had put back that are too large but feel better than my current clothes, but the tops are way big on me. I think I've got a couple of things I can maybe set the buttons over on and make do for another Sunday or two. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by then. I haven't been going out during the week so Sun. is the only thing I'm worried about. I think my blood has dropped because it doesn't take hardly anything to get me tired ... just a shower will do it. I still can't eat much, either. I'm hoping that will get better with time, too. I'm trying to eat smaller amounts but more often. I'm just not ever hungry and when I start to eat I get full really quick. I don't want anything and then I have to force food down. Nothing really tastes good. I couldln't eat hardly any foods without getting sick before the surgery and lost 9 pounds and now I don't want to eat ... I've lost 2.5 more since surgery. My friend said I should call the Dr. but I've had anemia since I was born and I know from experience that there is nothing they can (or will) do about it (except what I'm doing) unless I need a transfusion and I doubt there is anything they can do about the lack of appetite. They'll probably just tell me it's normal and it'll get better with time.

Mima, I tried Lyrica twice and couldn't tolerate it either time. My neurolist tried me on a high dosage and it knocked me out. Then my rheumatologist tried me on a lower dosage and at first I couldn't tell I was on anything but he was having me increase the dosage every couple of weeks. By the time I got the dosage up to where I could tell I was taking it, it was making me dizzy and so sleepy I could hardly keep my eyes open. But every medicine doesn't work the same on everyone. I'm glad it works for your friend. You should try it.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #18  

Default Hey There

Meme- Give it time.. Things should even out. Recupe time is usually 5-6 weeks in most major surgerys.. If you feel really bad give the Dr. office a call and see if they will see you..
I know that something is just not right with the hubby.. Maybe it is just age .He is 82.. At any rate it needed to be checked out..
Hello Everybody...I cancelled the yard boy for this week.. No use calling him here to do something I can do in less than 30 min.
Joanne
Old 09-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #19  

Joanne..you are married to an "old" fart! I call dh an old fart all the time and he is yonger than me. Hope he is ok...you get your lawn done? All food seems to give me gas but I really do need to aly off the dairy but I love cheese and stuff! I just about toot everyone out of the room

Mima..will get you another email sent from "sneesmom"......hope you are feeling better, nice you help Brad out with business. Lyica will make you gain weight! There is new med coming out soon that is not supposede to have all the side effects for Fibro.

Meme...hang on, it will get better, I had to force myself to eat too, no appetite for a few weeks. My sis had terrible runs with hers, I did not get that. If your body does not adjust do give the doc a call just to be sure.

Hi mittens.....I think it too us all a long time to get a diagnosis. Happy weightloss

Counter came in all scratched up, they came and sanded and I found more and they came back but complained and said we would have to pay next time implying we made the scratches..not so they did! Now when they were here last time they didn't buff a section and it looks awful. They do not want to correct their mistake.........we had to pay upfront before they would order.........is there no competent help out there anymore!!!!!! Excuse me for expecting and expensive counter top to be in perfect condition I am the one cleaning up after them and taking up my unpacking time and wearing me out!!!!!!! They have inconvienced me not the other way around...Duh...is my thinking wrong on this ladies?????????????????? Be honest
Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 AM   #20  

Thanks for the cat pics, Candice. A room of there own!!!
Meme-your body has ro recover from major surgery. To even get to church is great.
I don't want anything that maked me sleepy!!
Got my scripts at Walmart while they were doing service and putting on a new tire. That was done before scripts were ready-doc wrote the script for 3 Advairs-talked the pharnacist into only giving me one-I don't use it all the time. And they are 15$ each. She was nice.
Got one of brad's bills out-0ne to go.
Going to travel to Cape Cod for the beach wedding=and it's going to be cold but the wedding is only 30 minutes. Then inside.
I hope hubby is ok Joanne. Where are you Tammy-we want to know if you are ok. Mima
Old 09-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #21  

I know all that, really. Just get too impatient. I want to just get up off the operating table and go back to normal, I guess. It's been over a week and I don't think I'm doing as much as I should be able to. I'm hoping to be able to go out to dinner with hubby tonight but don't know now. Had terrible stomach ache all afternoon. Dr. warned me that might happen. Daughter called and said she brought her 'chair' home today. She gives chair massages at a local factory on Friday's. As most know, she's a massage therapist. She's going to bring it over tomorrow night and give me a chair massage. She ordered an aromatherapy kit and is planning on getting into massage with essential oils. She asked if she could practice on me. I told her sure!!! Best friend's daughter is having her sweet 16 BD party at 3 tomorrow. I really need to go because her mom and I are like sisters but it might all might be a bit much.

Mima, you may not react the same to Lyrica as I did. You should at least give it a try. Just make sure they don't start you out on too high a dose. Tell your Dr. you want to start on a low dose and work up to a higher dose. It would be a shame to pass up something that might give you some relief because it made someone else sleepy and dizzy. There are so many meds out there with warnings about infections and heart problems that I can't even try it just breakes my heart. I try all the new ones that don't have warnings of things I have wrong with me already. You just never know, though. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

Candice ... I don't think you're asking too much for your cabinets to be perfect, after all, they are new cabinets. If I were you I'd take pictures and take them in to the manager or whoever you bought them from and just tell him you're not happy. Tell him what all has been going on with them ... mess and all ... and tell him if he can't make it right he can take them out and start all over or you're going to sue him. Get your hubby to go with you! Anyway, that's what I would do. But then, I'm more aggressive than you are.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 AM   #22  

Surgery is tough Meme-people understand if you can't be there.
Had a nice time getting away for the wedding. Outside in front of the ocean-the bride must be a size 2. And there were 2 flower girls and a ring bearer who weren't quite sure how to go. They were beautiful. The ring beare asked me to dance later-he couldn't have been more than 3-in the middle of the dance. he left me for someone else.
Finally got some Cortland apples-my favorite .
Angela called and debbie is in the hospital with an infection-checking into meningitis, Doing lots of praying-also could be an infection in her shunt, I am afraid to go down there until they find out. That may be today.
Tammy-I hope you are ok.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 09-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #23  

meme..its the counter not the cabinets..a corian solid surface but it came in all unfinihsed so they had to sand on site in my kitrchen, twice now And there are still flaws......it looks liker the need to bugg are somthing, there ate lines up and down where they sanded. It doesn/t look right and that is what you see when you enter the house. They have not called us back yet.....so we sill we what happens.

YOU feeling better? I worked out side today, trying to- plant a few things from the other place.
WE are getting a bid from a garden center
Old 09-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #24  

Morning everybody.

Candice, if I was you, I would send it back. Those counter tops are expensive and, as a consumer, you need to get it as flawless as it can be. Why wasn't it sanded before they got there? That would be a total mess, and I am afraid I would get a little ticked off about it, if it was me. If they give you trouble, you must have a Consumer Services within the government, where you can lodge a complaint.

Meme - you just try take it easy! What the heck is your rush Meme. Surely, now you have some time just for you. EVERYTHING can wait until you are better. The whole thing, has still been a shock to your system. I AM SURE YOU CAN LIVE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITHOUt going out to dinner, since you don't feel like eating anyway. As for Church, it can also wait until you feel better. Nobody is going anywhere and neither is the church. They will be waiting for you with open arms. YOU NEED TO TAKE TIME FOR YOU _ NOW!!! After all that, I sure do hope that you are feeling better now.,

Mima - Hope Debbie will be alright and that it is not Menningitis. That is nasty. Wedding sounds nice. I guess time is drawing nearer for you to leave for Florida. My brother and a friend of mine are leaving mid October, right after Thanksgiving, for Arizona. We will see them again in the Spring.

Joanne - Hope all is well with you. How is Louie doing? Glad your tummy troubles are doing better. I, personally, do NOT care for Soy anything.

Tammy - Where are you? I hope everything is going well for you. Just stop in and say hi so we know you are doing ok.

Hello to the new gals. Where did you go? Come on back.

This darn FM and OA doesn't like the season changes, so it is acting up. I worked on Thursday and Friday and I work on Monday, then have a few days off. Looking forward to it. My fingers are so stiff and sore, I can barely bend them. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #25  

Hello to everyone. I think of you every day. Sometimes I come and read posts, and other days I don't do much of anything. I hope one day I'll be back to "normal" and posting again. Tim was home for the weekend, and he went back a few hours ago. Bob's birthday is tomorrow. My brother and his wife are taking me out for supper. I should get the puppy next Sun. or Mon., so I think that will help me at least stay focused on something. Keeping you all in prayers!! Love, Tammy
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #26  

Tammy the puppy should do the trick and time......hope your grief support group is helping some.

Nothing has gone as planned here at the house, we are not causing any problems but we are being labled as complainers "difficult people to deal with" which is so untrue...we give people way too much leway because we do not want to be complainers. I can't believe the counter people think the counter is ok or that we damaged it....I am not using the kitchen, we have no aplicances yet and lay nothing on the counter...I have nothing in the cabinets, afraid to unpack yet untill we know what they are doing. The counter shop manager told me they did not do a good job sanding but becasue he came back and worked for 2 hours more he thinks it should all be ok...it does not look right.......we do not know what it should look like after sanded......but we do not think it should look like it does????????

Got a few more things planted some bulbs, but they will have to be redone once the beds are in. Got them in the gorund just for winter.....hope the live. Still more to do but they need some shade and no place to put them yet.

Dental cleaning today and errands and they are aireating(sp) the lawn and seeding the back.

Mima..how cute and only 3...wedding sounded nice.

Happy...you give good advice...I am going to check on the dupont site and see what they say if they have a complaint place. Our upstairs carpet is still in storage due to this kitchen thing. All anyone cares about is the sale anymore and not the actual product.

Meme..you taking Happys advice

Joanne..hows your tum I got some rice dream..is that milk?

Last edited by Candicej; 09-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #27  

Candice, we had the same problem with the stairway carpet but they finally got it right. If you have an expensive counter-you deserve it done well.
Got to drink lots of water today-feel bladder problem coming on-DON'T have time to go to doc/
I taked to Debbie yesterday and she is doing better-still don't know results.
We didn't go down there yet.
Love to you tammy-a big hug!
Pastor's message title was Fireproof your marriage. At 9:30 there was an electrical fire and the sanctuary sure smelled. He said it was not an advertisement for his message-God does have a sense of humor!
Don't know what today will bring but I hope to get something down-1 week to go. The weather in NC is warm right now-hope it stays that way. Bye Mima
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #28  

Just stopping in to say hi-I feel like Candice, packing, packing. Rheumo is not keen on Lyrica-hasn't been proven and it has too many side effects. But I did get a shot in my bursa in my hip-dentist today and chiro-done!!
Kids coming over Sat night-Debbie is home.
Hi Tammy, Joanne, Anne, Meme, Candice. Mima and anyone else who drops in.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #29  

Hi Candice ... as for taking Happy's advice ... I was getting out of the house, going to dinner, because I was stir crazy. I had been in here for a week and was going nuts. And I don't go to church for others ... I'm the one who needs the church, not the other way 'round. Hope your house is getting fixed. Sorry I said cabinets, I actually knew it was counter tops. Either way it's not right. Hope it's getting resolved.

Hi to everybody else. Sorry I complained so much ... I'll try not to do that in the future. Hope everyone is doing good. Tammy, hope you're feeling better. Praying for you girl!

I'm ok now ... almost back to normal ... no worries.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #30  

Default Hey There

Meme- Don't give it a thought.. Everyone of us has to vent now and then. I remember when I had a knee replacement.. I was told by Dr. to not leave the house for I forget how many weeks.. until I say him. I almost lost my mind.. I thought just going out in the back yard and sitting in the sun was a party. Ofcourse I had to go down 3 steps. That was a problem..
Candice- Tummy pain comes and goes. I guess it wasn't all the soy.. I buy stuff for salad and end up throwing it away because I am afraid to eat anything that makes gas..Send the counter tops back.. They should come to your house in a perfect finished condition..I would not put up with that kind of stuff.
Mima- Packing for Florida? I bet it won't be too long before you will make Fl. Your main home..Going back and forth can get real old after awhile..
Happy- We went to Dr. appointment and the reports were not back.. So we go again Friday.. The Dr. did put him on a antibiotic for a swollen painfull hand.. He had to get that exrayed.. If it isn't one thing at our age it is bound to be another.
Hey Tammy..
Joanne
Closed Thread