Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 07:19 AM   #31  

Default Hi

Well Sherri apologized. She is a nice kid. I think so many people need to know what your boundaries are and then you can get along fine. everyone knows they can;t call me after 8 at night and they don't. It took me years of resentment to learn this. Going to a nice wedding shower today. That will give me a break, We have so much done. Bye for now. Mima
Old 04-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #32  

Meme...that daughter in law of yours is a piece of work. My kids do that with the wash. I will have a whole pile of laundry in my arms and then find out the washer is full and the dryer as well. So I have to fold laundry and then move what is in the washer to the dryer and then fold that too so I can dry my own. But someday I will be sending my kids off to a daughter in law. You inherited one.
Dinner with exboyfriend was nice. I loved our Saturdays together. I really just want someone in my life for romance on Sat nite from about 7-11. He fell asleep on my couch long before that so I left him there. But he found me later...
Old 04-08-2002, 02:53 PM   #33  

Default Hi

I just got home after spending more time in the Dr's office.. He injected my shoulder and I hope that takes care of the problem. I also told him he had me on too much medication and he did reduce one pill. Maybe I won't be so flakey.
Hope you all have a good day.
Ally sounds like you had a nice sat.
Meme.. I would get a roll of quarters and show my D-I-L the way to the launder mat.Candice is right ..they are dirty places. or say don't leave till you get your clothes. Sounds like she is making use of all of you. But ,I have had my turn at the same things too. It seems our kids always need us.
Mima.. It is in the 80's .Probably will be for awhile.
Hey Happy...
Bye...Joanne
Old 04-09-2002, 12:56 AM   #34  

My Uncle died last night. Looks like I'm up for another trip...to NC this time so it isn't so far away. Hubby says he is going with me. My family is so weird. My cousin (uncle's daughter) lives in Virginia and her brother is in FL. Well...she can't get to NC until at least Wednesday and maybe Thursday and he can't leave a house he just bought because he is having plumbing problems. If my Dad had just died I'd be getting my butt to NC to be with my mom...(and my mom is a pretty sorry mom to boot)!!!!!!! And the cousin that lives in VA has a daughter in NY...she is flying first to VA and then coming on to NC. Weird, weird weird! The more I learn about my family the more I think I must've been adopted!

I, too, went to the Dr. today and she told me I was sicker than I thought I was...besides the cold and cough from **** I've had for 2 weeks that I thought was gone but is coming back with a vengeance, I now have one ear that is infected and another one that is almost infected and both are bulging (whatever that means) and that's why I'm so dizzy (I said dizzy, not ditzy)...but...she said...QUOTE: "The good news is, it's all in your head!!!!!!!" (I'm hoping she meant it was good news that it hadn't gone to my lungs yet!)
Old 04-09-2002, 07:37 AM   #35  

Default Hi

Just a quick hi because i'm going to the dr's and then to the condo to pack. brad made the kitchen closet yesterday and the painter finished up. I am not going to work the 2 days before the wedding. We are so tired.The drill fell on my foot and I started to cry. I told brad he probably would see me cry a lot more because i get weepy when i'm tired.See ya later. Mima Meme-hope you feel better
Old 04-10-2002, 04:09 PM   #36  

Default Hi

Now both places are a mess but I had a massage this morning and a nice nap this afternoon. I have got to slow down-i try to keep up with Brad but he has a lot more stamina than i have. And i have fibro!!He's not pushing me , I am pushing myself. Little progress each day!!!!Bye for now. Mima
Old 04-10-2002, 07:47 PM   #37  

Default Hey

Meme- I hope you are feeling better..sorry to hear about your uncle..
Mima- Slow down...It will all get done..
Hello Happy..Where are you?
Hello Ally, Candice. .
It has been a busy day so I am short on words....
Bye..Joanne
Old 04-11-2002, 01:56 AM   #38  

I thought I was never going to get logged on...kept saying I needed to either open or save the message board on my computer...weird.

My family is so odd! My uncle died on Sunday but they are not going to have the funeral until Friday! They are only "receiving friends" from 10:30 to 11 on Friday morning and the funeral is at 11. I'm not going. I'm just too sick. I'm glad I got to see him in November when I was there! He was in the rest home then but he knew me and we got to talk for awhile.

I'm not getting better fast! Didn't work today and I had promised to play for a revival but had to cancel that, too. I have coughed for over 2 weeks now and my body feels like it has been run over by a Mac truck, carrying a house, dragging a tank behind it! I had a day planned with my 4 yr old granddaughter, Kaylyn, tomorrow...we were going to 'do lunch' ...but I had to cancel that, too. I just feel so rotton! I'm sure she doesn't understand that but she'll just have to get over it! I promised her we would do it next week! It is hard to fit in 'one-on-one' time with FOUR grandchildren but I enjoy having them alone and they enjoy getting me all by myself, too. They each one look forward to their 'day with Meme'...they fight over who's turn it is. Kaylyn's 6 yr. old brother was taunting her last Sunday saying, "Meme's picking me up from school tomorrow and I'm going to get to go home with her." So Kaylyn stuck her tongue out at him and said "so...I'm having lunch with Meme on Thursday! So there!" They are just too funny!!!

I've just got 36 days (counting down) 'till I have my first weekend away...all by myself...can't wait! I'm counting the days and hours! I've booked a suite in Nashville for the first weekend and another in Asheville for the next weekend...both at Spring Hills Marriott (I'm in their rewards program). 2 rooms, frig, microwave, computer hookup, 2 phones, 2 TVs, cable w/movies, indoor heated pool and spa...HEAVEN!!!

Mima...when is the big day...I forgot! I gotta go to bed...seems like all I do is go to bed or lay on the couch! I started to lay down yesterday morning...I have Ross for about 3 hrs. in the morning and then I take him to school...he said, "Meme, why are you laying down?" I said, "Am I not supposed to lay down?" He said, "Well, you shouldn't 'cause you'll just start coughing and have to get right back up again!" Guess that's why I'm so tired all the time!
Old 04-11-2002, 04:12 AM   #39  

Meme..you are really having a time with that cough! Get better will ya! Looks like ya got logged in!

I had to have my bi-annual endoscopy of the upper GI this week and the nurse called me a tiny thing! I have never been referred to as that before!!!!!!!!!!! I see the doc in two weeks for the results..... DH couldn't remember anything except there is still inflamation! Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had to give me extra veriset(sp) to knock me out and I had a reaction to it but nothing serious they said....I don't remember...................My IV vein turned red and my face flushed with a racing heart reat! Glad it's over!
Old 04-11-2002, 07:50 AM   #40  

Default Hi

Meme-i'm so sorry you are so sick. Children need to learn how to handle disappointment so don't worry. my date is May 4th and it's coming up fast. brad is going to get the dishwasher today-the cable guy is coming and i think I'm going to buy curtains. That massage was so good-i booked one for the day before the wedding. It's finally nice out. See ya later. Mima
Old 04-11-2002, 01:43 PM   #41  

Angry Hello everyone

I can't believe it is already Thursday. My goodness, the days are whipping by. Mima, before you know it, you will be married for months Try to take things slower. You can always fix the house up AFTER you are married. You have to leave something to do for then.

Meme - I wish they could get you feeling better. Do you think it is allergies? I know the kids love to spend special time with Grandma. Ashley turned 4 last week, and we were in Edmonton for her birthday on the weekend. That time has gone so fast.

That sounds like a nice, quiet, restful little getaway. Heaven knows you need that! I am sorry to hear about your uncle, and you have made the right decision to NOT go to the funeral, when you are so ill.

Candice - That is what they told me when I had back surgery. My goodness, it is a shock to hear that, but nontheless pleasant. I wish someone would say that now:lol Why do they do that endoscopy? Is that where they put the tube down?

Joanne - Hi. I haven't been anywhere. I was trying to give up coffee and on Tuesday ended up with a terrible headache, had to take some meds, and drink some coffee. I hate headaches with a passion. I have only been drinking a 1/2 a cup of coffee in the morning and a 1/2 a cup at night, but it sure does a number on me when I try to quit. Oh well, it ain't over yet:lol

Ally - Glad you had a good weekend. Hope you get a little fun and get to go out and spend his money. Now that is fun!

Spring has FINALLY arrived here. Today it will be in the 50's and by Saturday, into the 60's . It is so nice to feel that nice warm sun beating down on you.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:59 AM   #42  

Default Hi guys

I am finally taking it easier-only did a little bit and went to the mall to pick up my ring-it's gorgeous-and buy curtains. i found perfect ones for the kitchen and nice for the bedroom-when we paint it later it will be better. right now it's tickle pink. It's been really nice out here. Spring has sprung. Brad is off to work-I am working for 9 days at the end of May but not all together. I will be happy to see my friends. My son is working at the nuclear power plant in Seabrook nh temporarily-he has been laid off since Feb. 24 years ago i was in the hospital giving birth to my daughter. Right about this time. Condo meeting tonight. Meme-hope you are getting better. Hi to everyone. Mima
Old 04-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #43  

Default Hey There

Happy- Nice to hear from you..I tried to give up coffee too. I slowly exchanged from caffein to decaf until I was only drinking decaf.. well after awhile of that ,I said, to heck with it..Now I am drinking my coffee again. I told my hubby what the Dr. doesn't know won't hurt him...I only drink it in the morning.. Without it I would be a zombie all day. I was 11 yrs. old when I started drinking coffee..I think that after a certain age, I refuse to give up the few things I like. It has been in the 80's here. What Spring there was is already summer here.
Mima- Nice you are slowing down.. now you will be able to enjoy these few days before your wedding..
Hello Ally, Meme..
Candice ..sounds like you had a real reaction to medication. Little thing huh.. I look forward to someone thinking I am a little thing.. I wt.in at 153 this a.m. Not too little. I have gotten off my eating plan lately,so ,I will try to be more careful. I have made myself a bunch of new clothes and given away all my fat clothes. This can get expensive!!
Bye You All..Joanne
Old 04-13-2002, 01:46 AM   #44  

Starting a new thread.......................

Closed Thread