Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #16  

I think here we have *too many* WW choices !!! I do buy their "SmartOnes" to take to work for lunch frequently. As far as bread goes, I purchase a brand called Carbolife ... it's good, especially the wheat and the italian. They make buns, also. I eat veggie burgers frequently, so the buns are handy to have in the freezer.

I've been reading notes, and see that lots of migraines are going around. I've been so fortunate the last few months to not have one.

My FM has not been so very bad this winter. I've been on new meds for the past six months or so, and it has made a tremendous difference. For the first time in about 30 years I actually am able to sleep at night.

Friday I go for Neuropsychological testing. My memory has been so horrible lately, and seems to be slipping more and more. I'm a little bit nervous about it... well, more about the results than the testing. For a while I chalked it up to fibrofog, but I've been getting lost, losing my car in parking lots, forgetting how to operate things, etc etc.

Anyway, that's my world today.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:06 PM   #17  

MemeToo, I just noticed that you're in Cookeville, Tennessee. I lived there in 1978, worked at the Upper Cumberland Development District... Wow. That was a long time ago!

Just happened to notice, and had to say "hey!"
So, hey!
Old 04-04-2002, 04:42 AM   #18  

WElcome MommaCathy....where abouts in St. Louis...I did my student teaching in Kirwood..........

Meshell..thanks for he site..will ahve to do some reading later!

Happy...Good job on the loss and you were even abad girl! Go figure There are other 1 pts buns out there..whole wheat with lots fo fiber.

Joanne...is theri a building in your back yard..I don't understand where someone could live? Duh...just me............. I think they already cut the nerve to my brain!

Meme......I get a bunch of stuff going at once and then forget half of it! I'm better off sticking to one thing!

Ally...you are so funny....hey what ya think about that bachelor show??????????? They should have 25 men and 1 gal He is not my type of male..I like a little more testosterone in my men!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:16 AM   #19  

Default Hello

Happy-- Very Good with the weight loss. I think that even though we eat a little wrong at special times ,WW still has made us aware of our limits. Lately I have been looking for comfort foods at night. Not good!I didn't get to see the Dr. yesterday,just his nurse practitioner. I am not sure she was really there either. It was very hectic. I feel like I wasted three hrs. I have to go back monday.
Ally...Men don't let broken bones or anything stop them...They will take all the nurturing they can get
Candice..Down here in Fl. a efficiency appartment is one room with a bath. You would be surprised at how many are around.I don't want the bother,even though you can pickup around 300-500 a month for them.
Meme- I hope you went to the Dr. with your cold. So far this year ,I have been lucky.. Too many other things to give me grief.
Mima.. I know you are so busy and your mind is going in every direction.. I hope you are having fun.
MommaCathy- I really like the Boca burgers. They make a nice 4 point sandwich depending on what bread you use. I started buying a sugar free bread.only 50 cal. and more substance. I was finding the 40 cal. was a lot of air.
Got to get busy..Bye You All..Joanne
Old 04-04-2002, 09:58 AM   #20  

Default hi

Back in Westminster. the painter is here today . I was afraid the color was wrong -a touch of rose in white paint but it's awesome. Brad's old girlfriend called here and they have a business arrangement and she thought i didn't want her to talk to him-he is at work=and she misunderstood things I was saying-she is chinese -so she went on and on. That's the last time i'll talk to her.She told me I should apologize to her and it was the other way around. Brad is too nice!!!I'll let him handle it. I DON"T NEED THIS!!!I have been doing so much but so has here and we are trying to keep the stress levels down.I started to pack at my condo and that part is easy. Have'nt gained any weight because i'm so busy.I picked up my dress yesterday-it fit perfect except for the sleeves.I want it to stay that way. Welcome new people. I found out that my shoulder doen't hurt when I sleep on my water bed so that's got to come here soon. Bye for now. mima
Old 04-04-2002, 11:36 AM   #21  

I found a wonderful new cereal at Costco. It is by Natures Path, it is organic, and it is great. For 3/4 cup, it is cal. 190 fat 2.7 and Fibre 10g. Add 1/2 c milk and that makes it a 4 pt. breakfast, but is is sweetened with sugar cane juice. It may seem like a lot to some of you, but it has so much fibre that it keeps me full until well past lunch. If I am out, I am not hungry. It is called OPTIMUM and it is made in the US. It also has 8g Protein, 500 mg Omega-3's (flax) and Soy isoflavones and blueberries. It has whole wheat bran, puffed Kamut, flaxseeds, barley malt extract, soy, oatbran, freeze-dried blueberries, sea salt, cinnamon, tocopherols (natural vitamin e to enhance flavor)

So much for cereal.

Now here is the recipe I got yesterday at the meeting

SLIM SLOPPY JOES Serves 6 - 4pts. per serving

1 pound ground beef (lean or extra lean)
1 c chopped Onion
1/4 c Ketchup
2 TBSP Oat Bran (unprocessed)
1 TBSP Worchestershire sauce
1 TBSP Prepared Mustard
1 TBSP Lemon Jice
1 80z can Tomato Sauce (no salt added)

6 r/c Hamburger buns, split and toasted

Brown beef and onion. Drain or rinse when cooked.

Stir in Ketchup and next 5 ingredients into meat mixture. Bring to boil - cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.

Spoon over bottom half of bun and cover with top.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #22  

Candice -- I live near the Zoo, and work at Webster University. If you were in Kirkwood, you know where that is!

Happy -- thanks for the recipe. At a recent meeting we were given one using "crumbles" from either Boca or Morningstar Farms and canned sloppy joe sauce. It was fewer points. I haven't tried it yet ... I'll let you know once I do.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:04 AM   #23  

Default Hello

MommaCathy- I eat the Boca burgers a lot of the time. I have doubts about the can sloppy joe sauce. Those canned products are usually loaded with salt and sometimes more fat than we want. But then all people probably don't have to watch those things like I do. It does make dull eating sometimes. I use a lot of spices instead.
Happy- I am going to look for Natures Path at the grocery store. Ofcourse we can't always get the same products down here .I too like to start the day with a healthy cereal. We are in the 70's today and then it is supposed to get into the 80's. I guess summer will be here in a hurry.
Mima- The one thing you don't need is ex-girlfriends. What bad news they can be!!!I would be tempted to clip her right out of your lives. It is strange how ex's show up at just the worst times.Like they plan it...
Hello Ally,Meme,Candice...
Bye, Joanne
Old 04-05-2002, 10:16 AM   #24  

Default hi

Haven't heard from the ex again. painter is back to finish the living room -finishing up the kitchen clean out. we went to get our license today!!!!!!!I can't believe how much we get done just nibbling at it-also got the invitations out. I've never been with some one that was such a helpmate to all the things I want to do-we get along so well. he's gone on a couple of jobs but then we have to go to a wake tonight.everything is coming together!!!i thought i was going to have rib pain but it;s ok today. I wish i had more time to try all these recipes cuz they sure look good. Later. Mima
Old 04-06-2002, 12:30 AM   #25  

I've been to "A-Wake" for the last 4 nights...Awake coughing my head off. I've slept (what little I've slept!) propped up in bed for the last 3 nights. My back got to hurting this morning about 4 a.m. so I slid down and layed down for the last 3 hrs. of sleep and only had one "spell" of coughing so I'm getting a little better...FINALLY!!! My whole body aches...especially my ribs and sides.

Well Hey to you, too, Cathy! Cookeville is a great place to live. Actually...I live a little ways out...about 8 miles west...a couple of miles from Baxter about a mile south of I40. I didn't like the country when we first moved here from MI but I wouldn't go back for anything now! We went for a visit a week ago and I was glad to get back home to my open fields and blue skys!

I cleaned my daugher's house today then came home and moved furniture and cleaned my living room. Then I went to WalMart and got my groceries and came home and put them all away. I'm so sore I can barely move with all that and the coughing, too! Going to bed...
Old 04-06-2002, 09:37 AM   #26  

Default Hi

The new tenant was up here at 7-wouldn't let her in.BOUNDARIES!!!!!!Then 2 more people from the church popped in and I'm still in my robe-Yikes!!Went to a wake last night and Brad met some more of my family. My nutty aunt hadn't told her daughter we were getting married. She's forgiven because she's 78.Living room done and furniture moved back-have to be careful because of my ribs. I'm going to a bridal brunch tomorrow so I can rest. It's still cold!!!!!But everything is just flowing. hey Ally-whatcha up to/ Hi to all. mima
Old 04-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #27  

Mima.... the hard part about relationships is all the baggage people carry. You sound level leaded about this but I would not want that call asking for an apology. I would also want this woman to disappear. Hope she isn't a bother.
Ex boyfriend is the same as ever. Lots of good intentions but no concept of time. Even though I thought maybe he would be showing off and trying harder, I made a lasagna in case we didn't make it to the movies and out to dinner. Sure enough he is running late, we will have dinner here and watch what is on TV. It sounds like his broken bones are on the mend......so you know what is on my mind.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:54 PM   #28  

Default Hello

Mima--7 a.m. in the morning???I won't even visit my kids that early.. That's a good reason to tell them to call first.. I think it is great that you are getting everything together- It won't be long now..
Ally- Just on your mind. I bet he has some thoughts on his mind...
Meme- You are so busy- I can't see you letting a cold slow you down.. Hope you are better soon.
Hello all
Joanne
Old 04-06-2002, 08:13 PM   #29  

& whatever is on both your minds is the furthest thing from MINE! The cold has slowed me down IN SOME THINGS!

I slept in this morning...finally...I get to actually LAY DOWN AND SLEEP! I stopped coughing (mostly) sometime in the wee hours of the morning and was sleeping soooo good. Then between 9:30 and 10 my son calls. I didn't answer the phone...let the machine get it. 30 minutes later he calls back...says his septic is backed up and they need to wash a couple of loads of clothes. I said come on over. Well...I got up and got dressed. He asked me if I needed to do any washing and I said yes but I'd wait until they got through. (I had 6 loads plus one already in the machine, hubby had put his sheets in before he left this morning). Well...d-i-l came over and brought one load, come to find out, she had a load in at my daughter's and one at hubby's mothers, too!!! She knew I needed to wash yet she left her last load...about 1:30...in the machine and took off shopping and didn't even tell me she was going! I called her house, called my daughter's house, called my m-i-l and she told me they were all gone to town! I finally went down and took her clothes out of the washer and put in a load of mine. Went to put them in the dryer and SHE HAD THAT FULL, TOO!!! AND THERE WASN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH HER DRYER! I asked hubby if we could just move away from here...far, far away! My mom went off on me again today...about church among other things today. She doesn't like the church we are going to. I told her to go somewhere else, then. I'm so sick of everybody around here acting like I should do every thing they want and have NO LIFE or will of my own!!!!!!!

Mima...I guess if your neighbor were mine and were to come knocking on my door today I'd have to tell her to get lost...FOREVER!

Last edited by MemeToo; 04-06-2002 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:54 AM   #30  

Meme..glad you cough is better. When our washer breaks down my MIL won't let us use her washer! Says go to the laundry mat! They are disgusting! so is she!LOL Gotta go fold the whites now!

Hi all...it has been a very bad day and this time change will not help! I'm a crab............................but you all ready new that!
Closed Thread