Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #91  

Default Hey There

Yes , Gustav, It may go to the western gulf.. There were four counties that missed out on a lot of rain from Fay. We were one of them.
Tops today.. I will have a small gain. It has not been a good week as far as my diet goes..I have been eating too much bread.. That is a biggie for me..Deli bread is a downfall.
I am so sick of this hot weather. Mid to upper 80's now.. You people that are getting cool weather are lucky..
I used to have a Peke. He peeded like a girl.. I wouldn't let him lift his leg. He would start to and I would say 'don't you dare" . I was afraid he would start lifting his leg on my furniture..He was not as good about waiting as Christie is.. As he got older I had to watch him closer..One thing about Christie,she wants to go off the yard.. So I get a nice walk 4 times a day..
Christie barks at everything that goes by .. I don't need security in the house. She really has a fit if someone comes in the yard..
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #92  

More rain today. Hopefully it's supposed to end tomorrow and be sunny again. We needed it, though. It was getting dry. It's supposed to be in the low 80s with just a chance of isolated showers over the weekend so maybe it will be nice in Gatlinburg for us.

Joanne, we're blessed with our 2 dogs ... no barking. Sami will occasionally bark when someone goes 'out' of the driveway. Go figure. But it takes quite a lot to make Ginger bark. Hubby brought a strange looking bag home the other night and rattled it at her and she barked a little at him. I guess she doesn't bark enough to use her doggie voice so it sounds really weird when she does. It's kind of deep and hoarse. We both laughed at her and she just shook herself and jumped up on the chair and pouted. She doesn't make hardly any noise. Never has. Very strange little dog. Not complaining!

Daughter's best friend since 4th grade's husband had 3 strokes yesterday. Only 40. Is in Vanderbilt Hospital. They have a son 6 mos. older than Ross. He just had open heart surgery last year and she just lost her father about a year and a half ago. When it rains it pours.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #93  

We could use some rain here. It has been very dry.

Meme, that's awful about your daughter's friend's husband! Way too young to be dealing with that.

I've been keeping track of my bp several times a day. Tonight it seems to be down some, so maybe going back on the higher dosage is going to work. I know if everything was settled, it would help me to calm down some.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:22 AM   #94  

Hey tammy-hope you get control of that bp. That's tough.
3 strokes at 40-not good. Poor lady dealing with this.
Brad has a cold-hope I don't get it-taking zinc-I want to go to suzanne's this weekend.
I talked to my brother's gf-first time I have ever talked to her when she was sober. I told her thay have to quit together or it's not going to work-and she should go to AA. Eventually he will be on house arrest. I sure hope and pray they get it this time.
I have been doing well getting things together. Have to pack for our trip and pack for NC. Hope they have a washing machine. Next week we will know details.
Sorry Meme and Joanne-it's been really nice here. I think we are getting Fay rain on Sat. Bye for now-Mima
Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #95  

Mima, stay away from Brad so you don't get the cold!!

The lady that cleans just called. She can't be here this morning. Bummer. I guess the place really isn't that bad. Tim is coming home tomorrow, so I'll put him to work!! Poor kid!

My first thought when she called was, I can go back to bed!! I'm pitiful!! I give blood at 12:30 (or try to give). She said she could be here about noon, but I really don't want to leave if she is here. I don't know her that well yet.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #96  

Default Hey There

Mima- hope you don't get the cold.. I haven't had one in a long time.. Ofcourse I don't go out much so that keeps me away from the germs.. You never can tell where you will get something though..I get a flu shot every year..
Tammy- Time.. Give yourself time. Just take one day at a time..Your B/P will get stable as soon as you start feeling better.. Everyone has a good day as well as bad.. I was up most of the night monday.I got something on my mind that just wouldn't go away..
Meme- I guess your surgery is over? How are you? We probably won't get any rain from the next storm..
Hello happy...Joanne
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #97  

Joanne, I know several people who get the flu shots every year. I got it once, and I was sicker that year than I had ever been. Decided never again. Today my bp has been pretty good. I even gave blood this afternoon and it was decent. Hope you are sleeping better now than you were the other night.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #98  

Default Hey There

Tammy- When they first started giving Flu shots 20+ years ago I got one. It made me sick too. I didn't get any for a few years. I have been taking them though on a regular basis for years. I also had to get the pneumonia shot as I had that a few years ago and they thought I wasn't going to make it and called the whole family in.. I guess I fooled them..Eleni won't take the flu shot either since it made her sick years ago..
I never sleep good.. Louie wants me to talk to the dr. about it. All he will want to do is get me on sleeping pills. I refuse to take anything stronger than tylenol pm.. They are too addicting.(SP?)I am too lazy right now to look it up in the dictionary.Ha!
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 AM   #99  

I believe that your spelling of addicting is correct-We come from a generation of good spellers, Joanne. Of course there is Alison who won 3 spelling bees.
Brad's cold is terrible. I wonder if Isaac is in Jamaica? The family home is on top of a mountain.
I got the best bathrobe yesterday -one of those stores that buys up lots from a manufacturer. $18 and so warm and fluffy.
Suzanne's tire blew yesterday and damaged her car. Luckily she's safe.
I asked Jim what I could send the guys and he said Dunkin Donuts coffee. And pancake mixes that use water. I can do that.
We are going to look at a campground to put our camper on next summer. Might as well use it. One of them has a heated indoor pool. Close by so we can still come back and forth.
Have a good weekend Meme. Stay calm Tammy. Sleep well Joanne. Hi Anne-Candace. Mima
Old 08-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #100  

No ... wish it were over, though. I don't even see the surgeon until we get back from vacation next week. Don't know what he'll have to say. No telling.

Mima ... hope you don't get a cold. We went to see daughter last night and gd had been home all day with tummy ache. I sure don't need that on top of everything else. Friend's 16 yr. old had messed up my cell phone. Every time someone called me it just kept repeating 'call from ______' over and over and over. Most annoying thing. DD finally figured out how to fix it last night. I wanted it to tell the caller and then play my ring tone. She got it to do that for me. I told hubby I'm not letting these kids see my phone any more. Every time they get their hands on my phone, iPod or anything else electonic they screw it up. The other day when they were over here, they did something to the remote for my cable box and it took me 10 minutes to get it working right. The whole TV screen was black ... we just had sound.

Well, gotta get back to packing. Leaving early tomorrow morning so I probably won't be back for a week ... no net there. Have a good Labor Day weekend and don't Labor too much. Mima, hope you have a good trip. It's supposed to be nice and warm. (90s here). Tammy, enjoy your time with Tim. Love you all!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #101  

Default Hey There

Meme- Guess I got you trip mixed up. Have a nice trip..
Mima- Don't get sick.. Tell Brad he is sleeping on the couch..
I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day Weekend. We will be quiet as usual. I may broil a steak for us.. Our daughter had said they were coming but her son is moving so they are going to help him and his wife.. Married in June and already bought a home.. Good for them.They got a good deal 3 year old home and 5 acres in the country..
Bye...Joanne
Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #102  

Wow-it's a buyer's market. Good for them. Nice weekend, Meme.
And you too Tammy-nice that Tim can come home on a Holiday weekend.
I got half of Brad's cold-I take zinc and it seems to lessen things. Suzanne said I was to come anyways. She so wants me to go to church with her.
I sent a care pkg to Jim and his budies. You can get a box at the PO and for 10.95 they will ship it. I took it to walmart so I would know if things fit-got 3 boxes of pancake mix-a big bottle of syrup, 4 lbs of Dunkin Donuts coffee and some candy. The girl had a hard time taping it-ha. You have to fill out a customs form.
Going to look at a campground-we have a long range plan to see if we want to rent our upstairs and just live there when we are home. It's mostly if we need the money-Brad gets sick of working so hard. If we rented it-we would still have all the garages. I give myself 2 years for this plan but next summer we will just go back and forth. That will be a test. Of course, that will make Brad get everything done here and then I will want to stay.
Who ever knows what time will bring. Mima
Old 09-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #103  

Joanne, I've used Tylenol pm before. It worked pretty well. That's something that they were able to buy a home already.

Meme, I think I'd keep the kids away from things! I can mess things up on my own without having someone else help me. lol Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Mima, I have a couple of friends who keep their campers at a campground at a lake near here and they go there for weekends. They really enjoy it.

It was great having Tim home this weekend, but I sure hated it when he left this afternoon. Not sure when he'll be home again, possible whenever I get to bring the puppy home. That should be 2-3 weeks yet.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:41 AM   #104  

Getting the puppy is something nice to look forward to, Tammy. You will be busy.
We rented a nice campsite after looking at 3 other campgrounds. One lady in one of the offices said she went to Ft Myers in the winter . I said we lived at Jamaica Bay and she said she did too. But we didn't like that place because all the units were squeezed in. Brad keeps talking about making that move permanent to rent the upstairs but I say one year at a time. Then he talks about what he will do to the camper and I said you are not taking the camper apart!!!! But we will put up a screen house and better steps and storage underneath, Right now I am thinking about how to keep the mice out for the winter.
I bet you had a nice time Meme. Hope your gallbladder didn't act up.
I went to stay at Suzanne's for Sat night. We went to look for a dress for me for the wedding and there were NO PETITES in Jc Penney's. Beautiful dresses and no petites. I have one dress that I could wear so I may have to. I went to church with her Sunday and was happy to hear a Biblical message-The Pastor is an awesome preacher.
Praise God for New Orleans levees holding. Now we have to watch Hannah and Ike.
Bye Mima
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #105  

Default Hey There

Mima- I think I might be able to live in a camper for a couple days ,but no longer.. When are you coming back to Fl.? My sister stayed in a camper area but it was a like a small mobile home in Sarasota when she first came down. Now she lives in a larger mobile home in Tarpon..I like a house.. I don't have to evacuate during a storm..Never have had to.
Tammy- I have been taking tylenol pm for srveral years. They help but not always. I also use Sleepy time tea,Darvocer100 and a few hours later I am up taking advill. I am not a good sleeper.
Hello Meme ,Happy..I went to Tops today. I lost the pound I gained last week.. I need to do better than that..
Joanne
Closed Thread