Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #61  

Hi. Meme, sorry you are having gallbladder attacks. Not pleasant. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 21. After that, I had a migraine stomach, and later it seemed it turned into IBS. Fat is the absolute worst thing you can eat with a bad gallbladder. Even after you have it removed, you have to watch closely and see what foods affect you.

Sounds like a nice weekend for you coming up. We are going to go to Waterton National Parks in Southern Alberta. Part of it is in the USA. Beautiful spot.

Tammy - I hope you are doing ok. I sure know it can't be easy. Sending you extra hugs.

Joanne - How have you been feeling? What kinds of things do they tack on, to your high speed? I get my TV (digital), phone and High speed for a fairly decent price. The phone is especially good for us, as we can call Europe and have 1000 minutes a month free. Also, all long distance for Canada and the US is included. My hubby calls Denmark a lot now. I remember when a 15 minute call set us back $80.00. That was tons of money a way back then (30 yrs ago or better).

Mima - Hope you don't have another infection. You are as bad as I am with the yeast thing. I don't think it will EVER go away. Now they tell me I can't take Diflucan because it speeds up the heart and sets off Atrial Fib. You would have thought the Dr. would no that, but no, he kept prescribing it, and he knows about the Atrial Fib. This was the ER Dr. that told me not to take it.

Hope you gals are all having a good weekend. It is HOT here, up into the high 80's and getting hotter each day until Thursday. YIKES! I ams ooooooo glad I have AC.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #62  

Anne, yes ... I read about all the things I could and could not eat. Fat, sugar and artificial sweetener is the worse and seems most good things have one or two of those. I went to the store tonight and picked up some things. I'm determined to stay out of the hospital if at all possible. Are you going to camp at the park?

Joanne ... Sorry, just thought it was funny. I've been sending you stuff for at least a year. Why didn't you write back and ask me who I was. I really did get a kick out of that. Anybody else in here getting email from someone they don't know??? It's probably me(me)!

Tammy, our county fair was this week, too, and half of last week. It's 10 days now. We took the girls (gds ages 9 &10) last Fri. night. They had so much fun. It was wrist band night. They bought a wrist band and could ride anything all night. I can't believe those thing are $18 now. And a funnel cake was $5 and drinks were $2. Just getting in was $12. Everything is so high. I don't know how people with several kids can afford to let them go the the fair anymore, or movies or most anything. We took 2 of our gk to movies and bowling and to eat the other night and spent over $100. And out to eat and the fair the last weekend was another $100. If things keep going we won't be able to take them anywhere when hubby retires in a few years. He said everything was going up except his wages.

Guess I'd better get off here and get in bed. Gotta get up early tomorrow for church.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #63  

Good morning=Meme-the gallbladder surgery is so easy now-home the same day and functioning in 2. My gf had it-I went to visit her and she got me a cup of tea,
We are having fun here-I called the doc and got a script -he also gave my my other med which I am supposed to take every night to prevent this from happening-if it doesn't work, I need to go to a urologist.
Brad has an abcessed tooth and he is miserable. He has to have all his teeth out-people say having the bottoms out doesn't work and I agree. At least they have a payment plan-I didn't plan on this.
Made the arrangements for our Grand Canyon trip. No more train going throught the south so we have to go to DC and then Chicago and down to Williams AZ-the train is pd with Amtrak points and includes meals/ There is an 8 hour layover in DC so we can sightsee-Brad has never been there.
I am going to a shower this morning, I will go to Sunday school and then go. Brad is going to his friend's house and get some percoset.
Bye for now-great about your calling plan. Anne-ours is only US and it's territoroes. and Canada. Mima
Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #64  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. Happy- they gave us a package that was supposed to be just internet and free long distance anywhere in the US and Canada.. Then they tried to tack on movies, games and a security bundal that we don't need.. I have Norton..I finally got them cancelled.. There is always a catch..
Mima- I hope Brad can take care of his teeth before your trip so the both of you will enjoy the Grand Canyon.. I have been there twice and will go again if I get the chance.. It is wonderful..
Meme- I guess I will pay more attention to who is sending me these jokes. My nephew,a friend from Tops and sister-in-law sends them to me too.
Hey Tammy- How are you? Looks like me may get some of that storm.. The hubby is saying his prayers..
Bye- Joanne
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #65  

Well, they didn't cancel school in Ft Myers. Brad is still sleeping so i can't watch the weather channel.
Shower was nice-they get presents like we used to get for wedding presents/ Even the cost of showers has gone up. What a nice bride -she is so bubbly. I hurt my rib carrying the wicker hamper but a gentleman helped me take it down the stairs.
It will be an interesting week-don't know when Brad will get his teeth out-we were supposed to go somewhere for my bd and the kids are having a party for me on Sat. I may have to go to it alone. We will see.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 08-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #66  

Joanne ... that's ok. I was just funning with you. Cutting back on those anyway. Take way too much time and I get about 10-20 Xs more than I send. I delete about 50-100 emails a day counting both boxes.

Mima ... thanks for the advice but it's always so much easier when the surgery is on someone else. It may be a simple procedure but it is just one more thing I don't need right now and I've already had enough of hospitals and surgeries for several people. Had another 'spell' last night. Made a Dr. app. for tomorrow. Going to get it seen about one way or another. Hope Brad gets his teeth fixed with minimal pain. I hate dental work, too.

If you all don't hear from me for a few days, I'm going to try to get all my work caught up just in case the Dr. wants me to have surgery. Also, we have the next two weekends planned to be away so I have a lot I need to do.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #67  

meme, our fair is 9 days. It costs $5.00 per person to get in. I always buy a weekly pass for $15.00. I know I'll be there at least 3 times, and the majority of the years I have gone more often. I'm going tonight to the band show, and this is my 4th day to attend this year, so the weekly pass was worth it. I don't know how much the rides cost anymore. Rarely make it down to that end. Take care of yourself!!

Mima, ouch to Brad's tooth! When is your birthday? I can't keep track of everyone!!!

Joanne, I keep watching the weather reports for you!!

I need to get going. I park at a parking lot on one side of the town, and hitch a ride on the shuttle bus. it's 50 cents each way. That way I don't have to try to find a place to park, and the bus drops me off right at the side gate to the fairgrounds. With all the people that have been there over the weekend, they have to set a record this year. The weather has been very cooperative - no rain, not too hot.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #68  

Tammy ... still at the computer, weeding out stuff. Have fun at the fair. Wishing you a great week ... love you.

I love all you gals and I love your input in my life. I've been being a bit morbid today. Don't know whats wrong with me. Want to hibernate in a cave somewhere and not come out 'till spring (if then). Gotta go finish the wash and make dinner. Later ...
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #69  

Default Hey There

Meme- Sure hope you don't need surgery..No fun.. It would be a mess here if I had to go to a hospital or got sick.. My hubby is so used to me doing everything he would be lost..Christie would probably end up at the vets till things got ironed out..Don't want any of that..
Mima- Yes, When is your B/D.? Sat.?I think they may cancel school in Ft. Myers. They are planning to cancel all over this side of the coast.I don't think we will get much here in Tarpon unless Fay takes a jog to the west. We may get a little rain ,but, that may not happen as most of the rain is on the east side of the storms.
Tammy- Thanks.. I just hope we get some rain..
Hello happy, Candice...Joanne
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #70  

It's raining in Ft Myers-best to you at the doc's Meme-when there are so many things to deal with you are bound to get upset-
I have such pains in my stomache-going to chiro and then skin doc.
Brad will have 2 teeth out tomorrow-they will do it with novacaine but he wants gas. I have a date with2 friends for my bd-I will tell him I will go if he wwants.
My bd is Friday and kids are having a party for me on Sat. I don't feel so bad this week about being 70.
Fun at the Fair-awesome tammy.
Bye Mima
Old 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #71  

Went to Dr. yesterday. Had Ultrasound today. Called a few minutes ago and told me I have gall stones. Bummer. Can't get in to see the surgeon I want until 9/4. Oh, well. I almost told them to find another but then I thought, we have that chalet rented for Labor Day weekend and surgery might mess that up so I decided to wait. 9/4 will be the day after we get back. I'll just have to be really careful about what I eat. It's only 2 weeks. Hopefully I won't have a bad attack during that time if I'm really careful (and if a stone doesn't get stuck in a duct!) If you run out of things to pray for ... remember me!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #72  

Default Hey There

Yeah Meme- Bummer.. Have a good time on your vacation. You may not be dreading the 1st day back home..Prayers coming your way.
Mima- 70 isn't so bad. Wait till you are half way past 75 and suddenly realize it won't be long to 76. that hit me on the way to our G/sons wedding..Well we missed the storm . We have been getting hit and miss 1 minute showers.
My hubby is the same.. If anything has to be done he wants to be put to sleep so he doesn't know anything. Men are such babies..
Tammy . Are you still enjoying the county fair? I can't believe how fast this highspeed is.. I am enjoying that. A lot of times I just didn't wait for something to come through . It took too long..
Hello Happy,Candice.
Joanne
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #73  

Meme, let's all go hibernate in a cave and have a party!!!! As for praying, you guys are in my prayers always! I'm sure the surgery will be "a piece of cake". I have felt so much better since I had mine.

Joanne, one minute showers aren't enough for you! You need some more. Glad you are enjoying the high speed! It sure makes a difference.

Today is the first day that I haven't gone to the fair. I've been there the past 5 days, so I needed a break. lol Actually, I went to a grief support counselor this afternoon, and I thought just staying home tonight would do me more good than hitting the fair again. His sessions are 1 hour, and we kept going for 2 hours. I felt pretty good when I left. Refreshed I guess.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #74  

Just great about the support session, Tammy.
Mike's electricity went out for the day.Brad had a very easy time at the doc's . Prayers work. He is probably going to put off the rest til at least FL. Maybe later when we get insurance. He has work to finish.
The skin doc put a concotion on my stubborn wart that included beetle juice, I go back in a month.
The gallstones certainly made that decision easier. Meme. Hope you enjoy yourself.
It's 53 here. But beautiful.
Grand canyon plans all set. Brad's dental problem tppk my mind off my bd.
Bye now-god bless all of you. Mima
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #75  

Default Hey There

Tammy- That's right. I usually take 5-10 min. in the shower. I look forward to my hot bath or shower..
Sounds like every day is getting better for you.
Mima- I imagine waiting for Fl. to finish the job on Brads teeth is ok if he doesn't have a lot of pain..have a nice B/D tomorrow..
We are still watching Fay.. It looks like my daughter will get some much needed rain from it.. Still cloudy here. Just one min. showers now and then..
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Closed Thread