Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #31  

Default Hey There

Happy- Glad you had a nice Easter.. I get a break when the American and Greek Easter fall on the same day...Not always many times in a few years...
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 03-25-2008, 04:24 AM   #32  

That would be a good idea to have them the same day!
I was awake at 3-I sleep really well and then Brad gets up and I have so much on my mind that it starts running around in my head. I will go back to bed but I got up and had my coffee, and prayed . I have to let everything go-I talked to Jessica and she is having a hard time-I think she is depressed-needs to get her insurance back so she can get her med and go back to counseling. Plus baby is not gaining enough so they changed his formula and put him on cereal. She doesn't drive so it makes her kind of helpless.
Picked up Evan's outfit and it's marked down so I will bring it back and get 5.50 off-too many people in line.
My toe is infected so I have been soaking it.
Never a dull moment lately,
Love to hear about your family Anne. Hi Tammy and Joanne and Meme. What a great idea to make the pillow. I am making the toasting glasses -all they are is wine glasses with a ribbon and heart-12 $ in Wally world. And those are the ones she likes/now she says Evan can just wear a pink tie. Off to Google it. Mima
Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #33  

Default Hey There

Took Christie to vet today. She has a rash under on belly and legs. 102$ .I nearly had a fit. hubby went into shock for a while..She has a allergy or infection from ???and I have to take her back in a week!!!These high bred dogs are expensive..
Oh well I think I will go eat some icecream!!!Joanne
Old 03-26-2008, 06:00 AM   #34  

They are all expensive-cassidy's rash was a $200 charge, I figured out that we save $50 a month not having him but at the time it was good and we were ok with it.
Suzanne ordered Evan's tie-good-I found Al's shoes in Target but the Target in Port Charlotte. I am going to call the manager today and ask him to put them aside-it;s not their policy because they are on sale-and we will go by there when we leave on Sat. And mail them, Not sure about stopping in Charlotte because our friend's Mom is ill.
But the best thing is Auntie went to doc and her blood is coming back. He still wants to do a bone marrow but he said she has no cancer. She was so relieved. I still feel sceptical because of the test he has to do but her blood is better,
Hi everyone, Mima
Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #35  

Joanne, how is Christie?? AND how was your ice cream??

Mima, I'm sure your aunt is very relieved about no cancer. Glad the blood is better. I pray you have a safe trip home!!

I'm helping out with an Emmaus Walk this weekend again. It's for men, so I am helping in the kitchen and the mail room. I was there from 3:30-9:00 today, and I am pooed out. Bob isn't feeling well, and I hate to go to bed. I know I need to take my nighttime medicine to help me relax and sleep, but I'm afraid to in case he gets bad and has to go to the hospital. I want him to call the doctor first thing in the morning, but he is soooooooooo stubborn!!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:29 AM   #36  

Yes, men are stubborn about going to the doc-I pray he is ok.
We are so busy getting ready but i am going to lunch with gf and Grandma Sandy is bringing Evan over to try on his suit. I am a little nervous about my toe. Not sure it's healing and that I need an antibiotic. I went to the doc on Wed. and it's infected and I have a script-antibiotic cream.
I got Evan's bd present yesterday. It's 4/2 that he will be 4.
Be good-it's going to be upper 40's next week. That's better than 30's. Mima
Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #37  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Christie's rash seems better but it has gone away before and come back.. She is getting a antibiotic now, Hopefully that will take care of the problem..Icecream is always good. I have to limit myself as my weight is creeping up.. and not good for the sugar although I do use no sugar added.Hope you can get Bob to Dr.
Mima- You should stay in Fl. It is supposed to be in the 80's this week if I saw the weather right..I need to get to Joann's fabric and get materials for the pillow.. I talked to the bride about it.. She is either dence or just young.. She hadn't even thought of a pillow.. Lord help them when they do get married.. They will need a lot of help..
Hello Happy and Meme-- Joanne
Old 03-29-2008, 04:45 AM   #38  

That's funny about the pillow.
Life is what's happening while you make other plans. Brad went to hitch up the traier and it's broken so he has to fix it before we leave. I only hope that we can get to a post office so we can mail the shoes. I will have to cancel our hotel tonight. Plus we were out of water yesterday-a pipe broke in the park. I was happy I had cleaned the refrigerator the day before. Had a nice lunch with my gf.
Cassidy kept getting the rash too. I kept sulfadine on hand to get it cleared before we had to take him to the vet, Walmart has it.
Hi everyone. Mima
Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #39  

Bob felt much better, so I didn't insist that he go to the doctor. Next time it happens though, he's going somewhere!!

Joanne, I do the sugar free ice cream most of the time too. Sometimes I have the real thing if I'm out somewhere.

Mima, I hope things worked out that you can get on the road and head home. I agree with Joanne though about staying in Florida. That's what I thought when we arrived home between an ice storm and a mini-blizzard. lol

Our pastor's son is in a choir where he goes to college. They are going to be at church this morning, and I'm looking forward to hearing them. Tim wanted to hear them also, but he has been on duty in the dorm all weekend, and his duty doesn't end till sometime later today.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #40  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Since Mima told me about no sugar added icecream ,that is the only kind I buy.I found Edy's brand of triple chocalote. GOOOOD!
Men are stubborn about going to doctors.. Bob has been through a lot so he should be more willing to go. My hubby was the same until he nearly died and had to have a quad by pass.Now if he would just not fight going to a dentist..
Mima- The vet decided that Christie had a yeast infection and acne. He said young dogs get it the same as teenagers.. He gave me another antibiotic and shampoo to bathe her in..It will strip the advantage but maybe we will be lucky for the next 3 weeks..She gets the advantage about that time..Flies I don't want..
Hello happy,Meme..Joanne
Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #41  

Good morning. We got home yesterday. Last SAt the trailer broke apart so we were late getting on the road and we are so grateful that it hppened before we left. Then we went to Pt Charlotte to get Al's shoes and UPS to mail them. Heard yesterday that they were perfect!!!
We only made it to lake City bit the next day we got to Charlotte and stayed at a friend's house. He made prime rib!!!
Left around noon and stayed in VA and then we made it to NY-then the fun began, We took a side road my bro told us about-missed an exit-wound up on another side road that disappered and took a half hour to find-finally got on 90 in NY -took an exit to go to a motel and went in the wrong direction. Wound up on another side road that was very foggy. Finally made it to the motel, Got home around 10:30 am the next day. That's why we are not going to drive any more-just next fall to take the car down and get a new one for here. I have so much stuff piled up in lr-that won't happen when we don't drive. It's cold-the tenant in't here and his heat keeps going on so Brad is going to shut it off-that's oil we paid for .
Today it will be 55-that will help but tomorrow it may snow.
Suzanne pulled an April Fool joke on me-said Jim had a fight with her and didn't want to get married. Everyone told her that was not nice, It sure got me.
Going to dollar store to getb the pink rocks, and some cards. Mima
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #42  

Joanne, triple chocolate ice cream sounds wonderful!! Bob did go to the doctor yesterday. We are going to try to control the sugar with diet since he really hasn't been trying to follow anything faithfully. He is supposed to check his sugar several times a day and keep track of the results, and then he is to go back to the doctor in a few weeks. He also had some bloodwork done yesterday to get his results for the past 3 months. I can't think of the name of that test. His reading was 128 when he got up this morning. Mine was 109 which is higher than mine usually is in the morning. We ate Mexican last night, so I don't know it that makes a difference or not.

Mima, glad to hear from you!!!! The day we left Tampa, we only made it to Lake City before lots of nasty storms caused us to pull off for the night. Suzanne is such a stinker with the joke!!!!! Oh my!!!

Tim and his gf will be here this weekend, so I guess I need to straighten things up a bit. When he is gone, we use his room alot. I go in there to sit and read and do my Bible studies and watch tv. Need to get stuff out of there so the gf can use the room. Tim will sleep on the sofa. It will be good to see them. We saw them on Easter, but that seems like it was ages ago!

I went to the rheumatogist. She wants me taking the relafin twice a day now since I've been aching so much. Mainly hands and lower back. I signed up for a class at the Y that starts Monday. It is geared for all levels of fitness, and it is for overweight people, so I'm hoping that there aren't a bunch of skinny people in the class. I'll be starting water aerobics the week after that.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #43  

Hi-I got a lot done yesterday. Went to the dollar store to get the pink stones for the centerpiece but they weren't pink. Keep looking. But they have pew bows-2/1$. can't go wrong there. Brad hitched up the new hot water heater. Next the new propane heat system.
It's snowing!! Won't amount to much.
I am going to get a massage appt. Mima-Hi everyone. Great for water exercises, Tammy. Brad's sugar runs much higher than that,
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #44  

Way to go on getting the pew bows so cheap!! I don't want any more snow!!

Tim and his gf made shish kabobs for supper. Yummy!!

Church in the morning, out for lunch, then home, then to a birthday/retirement party for a friend of ours. Should be fun.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 AM   #45  

Sounds good-all of it. I am going to Sunday school and then to a shower, Suzanne said she will be here when I get home to show me the gown etc. I am going to give her the bride's hoodie for her bd so she can wear it. It's so cute. Back to Walmart and the dollar store yesterday-stll forgot the Splenda-Altern as they call it in Wally World.
Our former pastor had 2 heart attacks. In his 50's. I feel so bad for his family too. Everyone have a good day=One of these days, Meme will be checking in. Oh yeah, my massage lady is going on vacation. I will go to chiropractor for a back treatment. Mima
Closed Thread