Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 06:57 PM   #31  

Mima......I am an Alison too...and yours is a doll. I am sorry about your car accident. When I am in a fog I too have barely escaped many a catastrophe.
I am in a flair up right now. It is nothing I did, just the usual November crap. ANd I ate some carb junk today at work. Didn't take long to send my insulin levels into chaos. My stomach hurt so much.
I went to a meeting and didn't hear one word anyone said...my mind was long gone.
This stinks.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:04 AM   #32  

Default HELLO

Thanks Ally-I was beating myself up about the accident. My mind wanders so easily especially with all that's going on. And I'm very tired today so this will be a be careful day. I have to sign some loan papers this am. Work was good and I almost made enough money to pay the deductible. Haha.How is everyone else.?Hope everyone is well. What did the dr. say, Candice. Meme, that Irish joke was so funny. See ya!!Mima
Old 11-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #33  

I'll have to get caught up reading your posts later!

Can someone figure the points on Annes' Chili!!!!!!!!???????? Sounds yummy and healthy too!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:38 PM   #34  

I'm still here but haven't been on here much the old arm is still bad! Had to cancell therapy today cause I was too tired! Now I'm anxious! Gonna walk the treadmill and try to remember not to hold on with the bad arm!

I hate it when they change stuff to new and improved..I wouldn't be using it if it didn't work! My oil of olay total effects face cream I just got makes my eyes burn now and it has a buch of new stuff in it! I liked it the old way and it is so hard for me to find something I can tolorate! hey are always doing this with any product.......food too!LOL

I thought Martha looked heavier and tired too! With all her money you think she could get someone to give her good adivce! Her recipes are not posted just like she said either..I wnet to opra's site to get them and they are all so high in fat!!! Can you imagine that hot choc. with heavy cream!!!Yikes! No nutrional info there either..wonder why? (maybe she is gaining cause she samples her own cooking!) I wish she would make healthier stuff ....that would taste as good as the unhealthy!

Arm hurts gatta go!
Old 11-10-2001, 07:30 AM   #35  

Default Good Morning!

hello-oh did I pig out last night. We had a condo meeting with food. Chips were there.I ate them. All this stress has made me lose control. I will walk this freezing cold morning.And I'm going out to eat tonight and to a play but that is nice. I can be good, right. Oh Candice-I feel for you.That pain!!Hope everyone is well. Mima
Old 11-10-2001, 10:53 PM   #36  

Hi everyone. Hope your weekend is going well. Here, in Canada it is a long weekend for Remembrance Day. My daughter and her family will be coming tomorrow and staying until Monday, so I guess it is a good thing as I get to visit with my grand daughter.

Well, I think I house got sold - AGAIN. Let's hope it goes ok this time. Possession will be 14 Dec., so I do have a little bit of time. Nothing will be for sure until 21 Nov. So, it is house hunting I will be going.

My back has been so sore. I need to get back to the chiro on Monday and get a treatment. First I inflamed all the muscles on the right side from waist down, then good old fm got hold of me the next week, and went from the waist up past the rib cage in the back, making it really had to take a deep breath - really hurt. Then OA didn't want to be left out of the whole thing, so it took over this week - now I really need an adjustment. Hurts from mid spine out to hip. Hopefully after Monday it will feel a lot better.

Meme - your grand daughter is a nice looking young girl. HOw old is she? And who has the hot tub. That would sure feel good tonight.

Mimi - glad you weren't hurt in the car mishap. You seem stressed. Take some deep breaths and cound to 10. Have fun out tonight.

Hi ally, joanne and candice. Hope you ladies are all keeping well.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:40 AM   #37  

Headache again today...went to a shower for hubby's neice. First time I've seen her in nearly a year and she lives right around the corner...less than 1/2 mile...from us. They (her mother and her) have done some really nasty things and said some really nasty things about me and my daughter in the past and I don't have much to do with either of them. She is with her 3rd husband now and I told hubby when I found out she was pregnant...hope this one sticks around longer than the other two...Can't say as I blame them much for leaving though! HA Don't know how hubby's brother has stuck it out with his wife as long as he has. She is really a witch with a capital B! I could write a book of all the things she has done to us and said about us. I told hubby he was the one who should be going to the shower instead of me and that he owed me big time!!!!!!! I just really dread when my in-laws get down and can't take care of themselves and I have to start dealing with his sister-in-law on a regular basis. Not real sure I can handle it!!!

Anne...not my granddaughter...I just posted the picture for Mima.

Gotta go take a shower and go to bed. My head and neck hurts soooo bad...
Old 11-11-2001, 08:29 AM   #38  

Default Hello

Hi everyone. That's my Alison-the one with Spina Bifida and she lives in Ft. Myers FL. and that's her other grandma's hot tub. She lives nearby in Cape Coral. Alison is 11. Went to see Jesus Christ Superstar-my friend's daughter was in it. What a nice job they did. Like Broadway except the band was too loud and you couldn't hear all the words. Happy househunting, Happy.Hope it goes well and sorry you are hurting. Hey Joanne-I will be there in 2 months. Save me some of that great weather you have now. Hi to Ally, Candice, Meme. Meme-we all have relatives like that. We don't have to hang around with them. be good everyone. Mima
Old 11-11-2001, 04:59 PM   #39  

Meme.......my inlaws stink! Totally dysfuntional so I try to stay away from them!!!!!! Hope you get to feelin better, I was hoping that eating different would help your headaches!

Mima she is a cute gal and do you get to use the other grandmas's hot tub??????

Happy..moving at this time of year no thankyou! Good luck house hunting!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better to use your doctor Ho!

Hi Joanne and Ally

Arm still hurts. I think I might cut it off...on no..then I couldn't type at all........so I guess it could be worse!!!

Wonderful weather here right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 06:39 AM   #40  

Default Hello

Send us some nice weather Ally-it's cold here. Wind finally died down last night so I went for a walk. They do open the mall early for walkers so it's not hopeless. Well-in 2 months I can walk outside again and swim and there is a whirlpool at my condo and I can use the one with my grandaughter.Hope you feel better soon, Ally. I go to the chiro today-I can't let him hurt me again but my shoulders and neck are better because I am stretching my shouders. I have started another needlework project for my manicurist who works with my hairdresser. It's good cuz I needed a project so I won't eat at night. Haven't been too good.Gotta get my car appraised today-be glad when it's fixed but it is driveable. Good day all!!!Mima
Old 11-13-2001, 02:13 PM   #41  

Starting a new thread!
Old 11-13-2001, 02:41 PM   #42  

Default Hello

Candice -Are you by any chance on colestrol lowereing meds? I have been having arm pain for so long I forgot when it started, Sleeping with pillows etc... Well ,I got it into my head that it was the meds. The Dr. has taken me off them for several weeks and then I start them again. If the pain comes back then they will know it was the meds. I don't have the pain that was in the muscles(not the joints),like I did before. I really think it was the Zocor that was causing it. Not just my arms but severe cramps in my leg too.Why isn't it, that inlaws can't accept and blend with us. ??I had that problem for all the years my mother in law was alive. If there ever was a stone she was it. Some people would say the "mother in law from ****."She would not release any of her children so they could live their own lives.
Memi- Do you come to Fl. for just a month or two or the season? We have been having some good weather. We do need the rain though.
Hello Happy- You are getting the cold weather about now.. It is in the 70s here. This a nice time of year. Not hot or cold. Ofcouse we don't get much cold. I have had the same light weight coat for about 20 years. I bet I haven't worn it a dozen times.
Hello Ally- Memetoo I hope you all are feeling great..
Bye you all
Joanne
Old 11-13-2001, 05:30 PM   #43  

Joanne...I've posted a new thread as we were getting too long. Click "Dieting With Health Problems" at the bottom and then "Go" and it will be Fibro #38. I've moved your last post over to that thread for you!!!
Closed Thread