Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 08:20 AM   #16  

Default Hello

Hi from MA.-Happy-we love you-go to the doctor-certainly sounds like an infection.I am home-there was no more work which is really good because I am still sick-very congested-and I need food in the house-haven't shopped for 3 weeks. And I have stuff to take care of-I never know if they are going to call me to substitute. And I have to get back to eating healthy!!!!!!!!But I wasn't too bad.Hi to everyone!!Mima
Old 10-12-2001, 09:53 AM   #17  

Default Hey There

Happy -Go to the Dr. if you haven't already been there. Take care of yourself. You are no. 1. I should talk, I usually try to wait out something too.
Mima - You don't sound like you are in any better shape than Happy.. My daughter puts off going to dr. too. She is a full time teacher,2nd grade. She says she doesn't have the time. And now she is working on her Masters she really has no extra time.
Hello Memetoo. Candice.
I have been really busy lately.. My husband has the TV on all day on CNN. I have not seen any local news this week. I could watch one of the other two TV's in the house I guess. I go to the beach and walk every night for 3 miles. Now I got to get the wash out of the machine. And a dozen other things to do. My days are full.
I hope you all have a Healthy and Great Weekend...Joanne
Old 10-12-2001, 10:33 AM   #18  

Been having migraines everyday again...this makes five days in a row. Started the diet Monday and did good the first 2 days...even with the migraine but didn't stick on it the rest of the week...I've just felt too bad. Plus have had to go play for a revival I promised to play for at a local church here. They don't have a piano player and asked me last week. Of course, when I said yes I had no idea I'd have a migraine every single day this week....that hasn't happened in a long time. I've had a 2 day and even a 3 day but not a 5 day in years.

Hope those that are sick are soon better! My heart goes out to you all...feeling bad this time of year is no fun...it is my favorite! On top of the migraines it is raining here...we're supposed to have rain until at least Sunday!
Old 10-13-2001, 07:09 AM   #19  

Default Hello

I don't think I have an infection-just wheezy. Isn't this Anthrax thing crazy. At least there has only been one death but when you think of the mail-it's crazy!! We are all having heightened anxiety anyways. I've had enough!!!Joanne-my husband was alive during the Gulf War and he watched the war all the time and had a big world map right next to him. Luckily he worked during the day so it wasn't on all the time. I'm going to Mass this am-I have been so bummed out.getting my nails done too. Meme-I never could stick to Suzanne Somers diet-too hard. Like WW best although I have not been reall good. Bought a lot of food I can eat yesterday so I should be ok-but I eat too much of it. I am being so negative-and I have some stupid pain in my back. Gotta put things in perspective. Bye from whiny Mima
Old 10-13-2001, 09:01 AM   #20  

Default Hi

Memetoo- I hope you are better soon. Go to the Dr. It is not good to have headaches that long..Although I remember having them when I was younger. I used to stand in the shower and wrap my head and face in hot wet towels. Breathing in the steam really helped a lot.
Hello to all my friends....Joanne
Old 10-13-2001, 09:06 AM   #21  

Default Hey There

Mima- The TV just went on at CNN.. I can't watch that news so much.. It is too depressing.. I had an ulcer attack a few days ago. I know it has just been too much stress lately. I like WW too. It has been good for me. The way of eating is healthy and easy. Hope you feel better sone...Joanne
Old 10-13-2001, 11:28 AM   #22  

Hi. Mima, wish you would start to feel better. To much anxiety will cause you to go into a flare if you are not careful. Of course, I know that you already know that. Also, when anxiety hits, the appetite seems to increase for some unknown reason. Perhaps, it is just as simple as food is comfort - I don't know. Anyway try take care of yourself.

Joanne - a steady diet of this was is too much for anyone. My husband will also turn to one of those stations, but he will watch other stuff as well.

Here is some of Annes philosophylol)

We all need to settle down. I know everyone is scared, but you know, there isn't a darn thing we can do about it. Please try not to worry about something before if happens. It is wasted energy, as it may NEVER happen. Don't dwell on what is happening, it really won't help. In the end, what will be, will be.

Meme - See, you get the kids out of the house, and now you have time for migranes. What a tradeoff! Sure hope you are doing better today.

Hi Candice - how is it going? How is that arm doing.

Well now, I think I am better. My immune system is now up to snuff. Had the burning throat, fever etc., didn't go to the Dr., and got over it. It was probably just a very bad sore throat, but the important thing is my body fought it off. I was hoping that the stuff I was taking was working that way as well.

I haven't felt this good for 7-8 years ladies. I have much, much less pain, and a general feeling of wellness. That is something that I have not had for so long. The only two things I have been doing is going to the Upper Cervical Chiro (last time was 5 wks ago, which is great for me, as I was going to the chiro 2 x a week or more) and taking SPECTA 12. That is a wonderful product and I know it works, as I ran out of it and in that month went from feeling great to feeling not very good - knees hurting, more body pain etc. Then I reordered, it took another month to get back to feeling great. So what can I say.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:52 AM   #23  

Some Fun Ladies.

Go play these Brainbashers. Hope you enjoy them

http://www.brainbashers.com/
Old 10-14-2001, 03:05 AM   #24  

Looks interesting...too late (early) to play now...have to go to bed soon...it's 2 a.m. already. I've had a migraine for 6 days in a row now. My shoulders and neck are killing me...I think that's where the headaches are coming from...tension!

Here's a Halloween page for you to send out to friends. Thought I'd never find all my animated gifs I originally had on the page back in '99. I don't think I'm ever going to get all the pages I had back on line...I've completely lost some of them...makes me sick (er)!

Boo, It's Me.
http://www.design-max.net/BooItsMe.html
Old 10-14-2001, 03:15 AM   #25  

Get better Gals!

Well when I saw the doc he said I could garden and do other stuff as long as I could stand the pain and I thought that was funny cause pain means something is wrong and my new therapist said that if it hurts don't do it or you won't heal! I have to go three times a week for this stuff to work and they don't want me doing much with my arms! Just too much to do!

Picked a nice bouquet of flowers the other day and they are still fresh! No freeze here yet but wet and cold so I have been walking at the mall after my therapy. OK..some shopping too!

I have been searching through my clothes and trying to see what fits so I don't buy what I don't need! Grabbing those hangers is a killer for my arms and of course I am washing a bunch of old clothes up and laundry is hard on me too.

I think my scale is off cause it sid I was down 3 pounds and I'm not trying to lose anymore, Usually makes me sickly!
Need to go have a hot cup of herbal tea to warm me up and relax me!

My madevilla later in the season, I used some of the flowers in the arrangement cause the wind broke them off!
Old 10-14-2001, 08:20 AM   #26  

Default Good morning

Thanks for all the kind words. I didn't take the Allegra yesterday and I felt a bit better. And walked but in shorter increments. And went shopping. But my lower back is killing me and I don't know where it came from. Has to be the stress. Candyce-I wouldn't exercise with that pain-I agree with the therapist.My ribs\are good so I think I'l try the senior yoga this week. And I have massage on Thurs. I think that would help you headaches tremendously Meme.And som shoulder rolls etc. Tension maybe. Get hubby to massage your neck and shoulders. Listen to us-we are all in pain.Glad you are feeling better Anne.Hi Joanne-I hear the weather is nice. I had a dream that I was packing my car yesterday-for Florida. I'm getting double miles for a month from Delta so I should be all set for my free ticket.I leave out of a small airprt but have to change in Atlanta-oh well-that's 3 months away. One day at a time!!Great day everyone. Mima
Old 10-15-2001, 09:36 AM   #27  

Default Hey

Mima- The weather is turning nice- It was really humid her in Tarpon Springs yesterday... I walked out at the beach and could only manage 2 miles.
Hello to all - My mind seems to be at a blank this morning.. I have a lot to do,I guess. You all have a wonderful day....Joanne
Old 10-15-2001, 06:12 PM   #28  

Ok Meme and Mima, you sickies. Here is something to make you feel better

http://www.netlaughter.com/smileback.htm

Hope you have a little chuckle. I am feeling so much better. Only lasted less than a week, thank goodness. That tells me that my immune system in working well, and I am really glad about that. Went for my chiro treatment today, and unless I have pain, I don't need to go back for 6 WEEKS!!!. That is going from at least 2x a week to this. Heck, I thought if I could get away with 2 weeks I was doing good, but this last treatment held for 5 weeks.

Now, it is nice a fresh here. I think the high today was around 45 or so, but it is nice and sunny and the sun still has some strength. Snow is near. Someone told me it snowed 10 miles from here yesterday. It was kind of a gray day, but gee, I don't think I am ready for snow yet

Joanne, do you even know what snow is Anyway the winter really makes us appreciate the other seasons.

I do hope that you got a good long walk in again today, and that you are feeling good.

Candice - I wouldn't be exercising that arm if it hurts, because that means it is inflammed doesn't it? I hurt my arm once, the tendons in the upper right arm, and it took a good year before it got better - had to have a hysterectomy before it did - that is the only way I rested it. Couldn't go to work, so had to take it easy. Well, I hope you feel better.

Hope Ally is having a great time in San Francisco. Such a beautiful city.

Have a good evening.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:22 AM   #29  

Default Hello

Glad you are feeing better, Happy. I went to th chiro yesterday and he worked on my lower back.I don't know how I hurt it. And my wheezing is better. It rained yesterday so it may have something to do with pollen. I have an 8:30 appt with the Rheumo.Fix up week. I was so happy-after not going to WW for 3 weeks because of being away, I was only up .2 and my clothes were heavier than before. I know it was the walking !!!!!I guess I know how to maintain.And it's not bad . I eat like I was looking for a weight loss and once in a while I have something extra. I also think I have been eating more pts. Please that I never go back to eating indiscriminately.I bought some skinny cows-ice cream sandwicheds with 2 pts. I'm going to an art exhibit tonight-something normal. See ya guys-have a great day. Mima
Old 10-16-2001, 09:45 AM   #30  

Default Hi

Happy - I did have a pretty long walk3.5+ miles. My nerves needed it. I don't know why I am so stressed . I keep very busy. I don't seem to have enough time for all my projects. I am begining to think I am having some reaction to the Zocor. I have many of the symptoms of the side effects. I see my Dr. in a few weeks. I have seen snow only 3 times that I can remember. Very short durations.
Mima- Have they fixed the labels on those skinny cows? I heard they were mislabeled as to pt's value. I haven't tried them. I like the sugar free fudgesycles.2pts. for two sticks. One is not enough.
Hello Candice and Ally... See you all later - Joanne
Closed Thread