Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 11:59 PM   #1  

Talking

Well ....we hit 2 pages again so here is a new thread!
Old 03-10-2001, 12:23 AM   #2  

Default Kinda quite around here......

Hello Fibropals

To my surprize I lost another pound.....total 35!!!!!!!!!!!! But didn't sleep well again and just did nothing today.

Ally do you have IBS with your Fibro too???????

Anne....talk to ya next week.

Meme....You doing any better????????

Looks like it will be alittle warmer here but rain is in the forcast for several days I don't like that!

Last edited by Candicej; 03-10-2001 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-10-2001, 12:36 AM   #3  

Candice...love those flowers!!! As a matter of fact, I liked them so much I thought I'd borrow some!!!

Made it through another day...and what a day it was! I'm hoping against hope I can sleep in tomorrow! I'm going to turn the phones off and try, anyway!

Ally...you absolutely crack me up! I don't know what we did for fun before you joined us!!! (Oh...now I remember, they laughed at me!) Thanks for the laughs...I needed that tonight!

I don't think the Mystery Shopping will be too hard but who knows? Everything seems to be hard for me now days! In critiquing the restaruants you have to fill out a computer form on the server, the hostess, the chashier, the food and the restroom. Seems a no-brainer to me! I mentally do that anyway! Doesn't everybody?

I'm going to bed...sooooo sleepy...nite y'all!

MEME
Old 03-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #4  

All right you guys. Where you all getting those flowers?

All we got here in NY is snow and I am sick of it.

Woke up today in gloom and doom. Flood gates closed. This happened last weekend too. Think I don't drink as much water when at home. We'll see about that...glug, glug, glug.

I don't know about IBS. Do you know that "we" fit into just about every category of crappy disease, syndrome and disorder.

I may have to stay off the internet at work as I seem to pick a new disorder weekly.

AT least I am staying off the scale, but have stayed away from sugar. I do feel that is a real problem for me.
I am going to go have junk food (McDonalds) today, but no sugar. That's as good as it gets.
Old 03-11-2001, 03:46 AM   #5  

Default Hello Fibro Pals!!!!!

Meme..........glad you liked the flowers! You should have lots of pics available since you do web pages! Give us some new ones to use!!!! I don't know how you keep going! You keep too busy for me! I'm still trying to research the neurontin...before I even go to the doc.

Ally if you click on profiles and then click on edit options you can go down to the bottom of the page and pick an avatar ( the pictuer that goes under your name) or download one from the net ( store it on your computer) and use it instead of the ones they have provided.

The flowers at the bottom....you just click on the browse box at the end of your post and you can attach a downloaded file. Can be your own pics or ones from the net. They need to be in .jip or .gif form.
Meme can explain it better I think if you don't understand it!

Ally did you say no sweets?????????

Last edited by Candicej; 03-11-2001 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:29 PM   #6  

Thanks for the kiss Candice....just had peanuts for a snack. Really want a Ho-Ho. Or a Ding-Dong.
I will have to practice with the graphics. I am lucky I can even type.
I thought I had a message that Tootie responded but I don't see her.
Do you guys get responses on your E-mail or is this just as AOL feature?
Time to go walk the doggy...
Old 03-11-2001, 11:30 PM   #7  

Default Hello Fibro Gals

Hope you all had a nice weekend. The weather here was tremendous. Just about all the snow has disappeared and it is just so nice out. Sorry Ally, but I'm glad it's you that has the snow, and not me

Well, made it through the weekend. Babysitting gets easier and easier as Ashley grows up a little. She will be 3 on the 03April. She just plays so well all by herself, and she knows more about the computer than I do. She boots the thing up, puts in her own program and plays on it - and she is only 2!!

Had a surprise as well, as my son came home for a couple of days. Wasn't supposed to be back home until the first part of April. So that was great. He also came up to Edmonton to my daughters, so had a visit with him.

I hope my little graphic will work. I tried what you told Ally to do, so we shall see.

Ally, Tooties post is on page two of the #14 fibro, just after Candice said she was starting #15.

Tootie - I hope your leg is feeling better. I have NEVER heard of that time zone. I am on MST and British Columbia, the province next to me, that heads to the Pacific Ocean, is on PST.

Ally. A yeast infection could be at the root of your problem. If you crave sweets it could just be so. You know that yeast requires sugar to rise, right. It is the same in your body. It needs the sugar to multiply. You need to go to the Dr. and ask for a blood test, but don't be surprised if they think you are nuts. Half of them don't believe in yeast infections (where have we heard that before - about FM right). Many of the symptoms of FM are also the symptoms of a yeast infection (I am talking about a yeast infection that has broken free from the bowel, and gotten into the blood stream). Talk about FOG!!!! Perhaps you would be better of going to a Naturepath and have a blood culture done, instead of the usual blood testing that the drs. recommend. I see you have posted this on Clouds as well, so I won't reply there. If you have any other questions, please ask. I read in one of the books on FM that yeast infections go along with FM. Also, that Canadidas is going to be the 'new disease' of the century. Dr. will eventually come round, I guess.

Well, just got home and I am tired, so signing off, going to have a cup of coffee and get ready for bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Anne
Old 03-12-2001, 12:07 AM   #8  

Ally...have you checked your PRIVATE messages? Could be she sent you a PM...Go to PM on your last message, click it and then at the top of the box there click Private Messages and you can see if you have any PM's!

Anne...hope you are rested by now! I have so much going on here I'll never be rested again!

Candice...what kind of pictures do you want?
Here's one of me!
Old 03-12-2001, 04:12 PM   #9  

Default Hugs

ok, now, how hard can this be. I am going to try sending you all a hug and see what happens.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:14 PM   #10  

Default That was fun

Well now, we WILL be in trouble won't we. Our pages will fill up so fast with all the neat graphics around. This is a LOT easier than clouds.

Anne
Old 03-12-2001, 06:58 PM   #11  

I am logged on to this site at home and not at work and quite honestly I have more time at work to sit and figure out graphics and stuff.
I always seem to have a kid who wants to get on the computer at home...just like now.
Oh guys...I just put a sweat shirt on that was at the bottom of the pile (also stained) and I knew I hadn't worn it since last year. The elastic bottom is tight...and my chest is bigger.
Arrrrrgh.
I am pear shaped. I was always used to tight pants but not on top. This is new. I am also experiencing periods closer together and heavier. My mother went from a 36B to 38C during menopause. I think I might be heading there.
Who knows about the yeast connection. I am scheduled for a Doc appt and blood tests, but you are right...he might think I am loonier than usual.
I know I spend a wee bit too much time researching all my ailments.
I need a hobby.
Haven't checked again for Tootie's response. Got someone breathing over my shoulder...so just hope all are well and will check in tomorrow.
Happy...are you Happy on Clouds too? At first I found that site really really sweet, but lately I have found it a downer.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:05 PM   #12  

Default The graphics are great aren't they!

Meme....apig doing a jig.....I don't think that is you!LOL

Anne....Thanks fo rthe hug..loved that one! What is clouds??????

Ally..TOOTIE IS ON THE OLD THREAD THE SECOND PAGE! I said I was starting a new one but she posted anyway!

That GMT time is the 0 latitued or longetude time I think..you can change your time by going into edit options and clicking on your own time zone!

I'm in a rush my son's Birthady is coming and I'm trying to get stuff done!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:27 PM   #13  

Default GMT

Ok, now I see what phyllis was talking about. GMT is Greenwich Mean Time. They are 7 hours ahead of us - it is in England, and it is considered the true time.

Clouds is an FM message forum, and yes, Ally, it has been having a turbulent time of late. Sort of depressing. Try to stay on the non-fm forum, as it is a lot happier over there. I post under Annewin, because Happy Canuk was taken. I have responded to several of your posts.

Candice - maybe Meme does the jig. That was a very cute picture in any case.

I really enjoy the graphics and this is such an easy way to do it, as you can get graphics from anywhere and save them to your own computer.

Hope all are as pain free as you can be.

Anne
Old 03-13-2001, 07:36 PM   #14  

Well...you guys are so creative. You are really cleaning up the place here.
This weekend I will have to practive.
Happy/Annewin...that is funny. I didn't even know it was you. Why do you think it got gloomy over there? I have never even looked in the nonFMS forum. Started by asking questions about meds. I read that site at work but again. only "talk" on it when at home.
I changed to a very nonstressful job that I could do in my sleep. I should feel bad for playing on the internet at work, but I spend 3-4 years with foster kids and that job sent me to stresscity and I deserve a break.
After I saw that show on Stress on Sat nite and all the physical effects of continual stress...I should sue my employers.
I supervised social workers and we were down some workers and we were all covering tons of cases and when I asked for help we were told to just work a little harder. I used to wake up and think about all the kids on my caseload at night. SOmetimes I would just cry. ANd then after a day of dealing with tough kids..I would come home to my teen twins and just want to shake them.
So..that is better now that I am in a different job...but the after effects of stress are still here.
This 5-HTP is the best thing I have had so far. I wish I could exercise during the day....I get to now and am pooped. I am lifting weights, but only 10lbs and for 10 minutes.
How are the diets girls??? I am keeping up the fiber and staying off the scale. That's a nice break.
Old 03-14-2001, 06:25 PM   #15  

Default Hello Fibro Gals

How are you all doing today? Where is Phyllis and Meme? Candice was here a day or so ago - what kind of cake of you making for heaven sakes!

Ally, it looks like it is just you and me. Social Work is hard work. All the Social Workers I know get burned out- heavy caseloads and never enough people - and such sad cases. I don't know what happened on Clouds. The General Forum is still sad. I don't know if it just attracts the depressed persons or not. The nonFM forum is where you have fun. Nobody fights on that one and everyone seems to be up. You should try come to that one. I guess people have issues that are easier to deal with if the people don't know you. There sure are lots screaming for help in any case. Sometimes I just stay away from the General. I, myself, am not depressed, but to much of that and I could be. I really feel badly for some of those people.

I guess I prefer to put my energy into fun things. At least it is uplifting!

My diet has been going pretty good - an down about 16 pounds - however, this week has been a bust. I went and babysat my granddaughter on the weekend. That in itself, is not so bad, but my family lives in the same city(Edmonton) so had visiting to do and cards to play until the wee small hours and up early. I really am my own worst enemy!(lol) On Monday, Tuesday and today I am still tired and am craving (and worse, eating) all kinds of carbs (you know, the good stuff). Just can't help myself. I wish I could get back to feeling not tired. Sure learned my lesson this time, I think.

Well, where do you suppose everyone is. I guess Spring has sprung in some places and so people are busy. Maybe the mystery shopper has become mysterious!

Hope you all have had a good day.
Closed Thread