Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue, I agree. I never gained weight until I started eating more food in college and lived with my aunt. We ate as healthy as we knew because she always bought healthy foods and started me on health food stores and taking the right vitamins. Didn't really know anything about healthy eating until I lived with her. The bad thing is that she was the one who got started on diet doctors and diet pills/shot etc too. Never knew what lowfat foods were till her. I craved milk all the time and learned later that it was probably because I went from drinking whole milk to 0 fat milk at her house. WOW, how things changed. I went from 127 which was my normal weight back then to over 200 at one point before the shots and pills. I was about 20 or 21 yrs old and the yo-yo rollercoster dieting has gone on ever since.

Weight bounced up 1 lb just as I figured it would because of the sodium etc that always happens with KFC. I don't always get that bounce with LJS so hoping I can just at least stay where I am from today's eating. Will see how it goes. Only had coffee this morning. I got up early today too and also no BM (TMI) so weight might not be true, but count it any way at 183.4. The nice thing is that FBG was 93.

Headed to get haircut and the LJS and home unless I decided to run in to Aldi's. I didn't get any cucumbers yesterday and I will miss them in my salads this week.

Have a nice day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change in meal plan today which will really help my weight, hopefully. LJS was not serving people because they were blocked off with the city working on some sort of problems. Not sure if they were running cables or water lines, but huge truck had them blocked so no one could get in. So I have a few days of home cooking/eating before going out to eat Friday. Still having cod fish but not fried with batter. Sorry DH didn't get what he really like but glad I didn't have to have takeout 2 days in a row.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-13-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:17 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I didn’t get on the scale yet but I will. I hope to see a drop. I had a 6 hour window, less than 1000 calories, the only carb was 2 SL toast. When I track my eggs etc there are sometimes a carb or 2 hidden in some foods but without looking, carbs were low. My ankles were very puffy again. That concerns me. I wore an ankle brace and took Tylenol so only slight pain. This morning the puffiness is gone but slight pain. I still feel that I’m retaining fluid. That’s not good for my heart. My Lasix expired years ago and I never needed it.

I don’t know what’s scheduled for today. DH doesn’t know what he wants.

I weighed at 11 am. Down 1 lb to 188.4. I’m happy to see the number go down but it shouldn’t have gone up in the first place. I would like to eat every day like yesterday. Carbs were 32 minus 11 fiber grams. I dont usually do net. I ate foods I like. Passed up on some that I like but are not the best for me. That’s getting easier. I was not hungry until right before bed but it was just slight hunger.

DH didn’t cook for me but offered me a small portion of eggs and sausage from his meal. I still wish he wouldn’t do that but I ate it. I considered eating OMAD but from past experience it is not good for me. I end up with a dinner that’s too big and too carby for me. 2MAD is better for me. I would like to eat a smaller first meal than I’m used to and a medium size reduced carb dinner, with veggies in between if I get hungry. I want this to be my normal day to day WOE, allowing for a carb meal here and there, such as pasta. I still love spaghetti but DH eats it begrudgingly. That’s fine because it should be an occasional meal for me.

Why do you want to be healthier?
What does being healthy look like to you?
How are you sabotaging yourself?
What will happen in 10 years if you don't get healthier?
What small decision can you make today to put yourself on the right track?

Write it down.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-14-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #63  

Carol Sue, I think I found that lb as I'm up another lb today. I know mine is swelling. I accidently over salted my cod fish because DH like celery salt and it is a new one and the holes are bigger than the previous jar I had. Will have to watch that. I should have taken a Lasix last night but just hate taking it.

I changed my woe this morning. I think I am eating the bulk of my food at the main meal and I think that is working against me. I thought about what my beautitian said she read about fruit and veggies keeping our skin healthy. This made think about how I ate in FL & SC when I ate a lot of fruit and veggies and how healthy I was and looked. I have always wanted to eat similar to the Fit For Life diet book I found in Mama's collection of diet books when she died. I shared that book with the oriental doctor when he diagnosed me with diabetes. He had the cutest tiny oriental wife/nurse. He told me that was a good diet and that was how his wife ate.

I don't want to follow it totally as a plan because it leaned toward food combining and no dairy. In FL I did it with low carb. I ate my fruit in the morning till noon and ate my meals between noon and 4 pm. So I have decided to do that today. I had fruit this with my collagen coffee. Around noon I had an avocado/tomato salad with bacon.
Today I cooked 1/2 bag collard greens and since I am the only one who eats them I will keep them in the fridge and eat a serving 2 or 3 times at week. Today DH will have his homemade harvest beets that I made him last week and I'll have the greens with our salad and pork chop. I would like to make this a 2MAD, but may have a protein shake later in the day is needed.

Carol Sue, I hope you find what is causing the ankle pain and swelling. I think the heat causes some of it too. My knee hurt yesterday but never knew why. Chance of rain today to cool our temps down but still high is supposed to be 102, but funny thing is it is supposed to be 103. Temps right now is 90 so we will gladdly take it.

Have a great day.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:58 PM   #64  

We went to Bob Evans for dinner, then to Walmart, then to get a haircut. When we were at Bob Evans we heard a server telling someone that she had swollen glands and a sore throat. I dont think she should have been at work, and shouldn’t have been telling anyone. Then when I got my hair cut the stylist had a mask on. So I hope I don’t get sick.

I lost a lot of fluid today. I got back on the scale again and I was down another .4 to 188.0. It will probably be back up tomorrow. No pain but ankle is puffy again after walking.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:07 PM   #65  

Carol Sue I hope you don't get sick either. She could have strep or something like that instead of covid and it isn't any fun either. Hope the ankle doesn't start hurting again. I have been drinking green tea with lemon and started taking ACV 2X a day hoping it will help me to naturally lower the swelling.

Total calories today was 1226 and net carbs 55 and fiber was 15 g even with the fruit I had this morning. I'm try to my potty situation back to normal as well. Everything has been pretty good today. I talked to both sisters today and we are still on for eating at Cheddar's tomorrow and I'm thinking about taking a chance and trying salmon tomorrow. There food is always good whatever I get and if I want to try it that would be a good place to try. I usually change my mind so we will see.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #66  

Trish, I never had salmon that I didn’t like but now I ask for unseasoned. DH likes the seasoning so it’s an individual choice. I think the seasoning ups the sodium. It would be a shame to get it and not like it. DH laughed at me because I had a pouch of pink salmon for brunch. I get them at Dollar Tree. It’s not as good as grilled salmon but tasty and healthy.

The scale said 187.8 so I’m down .2. I’ll take it. It kept going between 188 and 187.8 but stopped on 187.8.

Today I read about a study where they had people who could eat whatever they wanted and still stay thin. In the study they found out that it seemed that they were eating what they wanted but when they tracked these people the were eating 12% less than other people. They just didn’t desire as much food.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #67  

Weight 183 and FBG 94. It dawned on me this morning that I am maintaining. I remember they always say that when you reach goal that you should allow yourself about 5 lbs to play with but not to allow yourself to go over that. Most of the time my weight bounces up but not necessarily 5 lbs up. So I need to think about what I want to do to shake things up and get my weight moving again.

The main thing I want to do right now is get through this month along with my lab and doctor's appointment next month. I've been reading on FB about Paula Dean and others even Oprah who have lost a lot of weight with the Keto ACV gummies. I can't seem to find any place that it will help any other way than keto dieting. So I'm thinking about doing Keto and use the gummies to get my weight going down again, but I want to do it when I am able to stay home and see how it affects me. I figure I can start maybe in the fall. I read about the ingredients on line and it won't hurt but the monkfruit can cause potty issues and I don't want to be out and about if it does.

I think I'm going to make today an off day when we eat at Cheddar's. Couldn't learn much online about their menu especially sides. So will just enjoy and take it easy. I haven't had anything to eat so far today so I will have a good fast by the time we eat.

Carol Sue, the one thing I like about eating IE/mindfully is that I can eat only if I'm hungry. Like last night I wasn't hungry so I only drank my collagen coffee. I wasn't hungry this morning so I didn't eat. I may not have to do Keto, but since you don't get hungry on keto, so the only thing that would change is that I would have to pick and choose from keto allowed foods and of course, my fruit and milk would have to be low carb ones. I have time to see how my current woe works and then decided if I need to change to the keto to use it for a kick start to losing again.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:43 PM   #68  

Trish, I suggest you do the best you can at Cheddars and enjoy your meal and time with loved ones. It’s one meal. You don’t do this all the time. I don’t know about the Keto Gummies.

I want to eat as low carb as I can but not keto. I don’t want to do high fat even if it’s healthy fat. I wish I could never eat a carb again and be thin. But I know from past experience that it’s not for me, not while living with DH. The thing is, I will fit in foods that I like the best I can without giving them up forever. I figure I’ve come this far without making supreme sacrifices and I can continue. I know I would not be happy giving these foods up forever so why do it temporarily. I want this to be the rest of my life. It’s not junk, like sugar, but it’s starchy foods like bread, pasta, rice. An occasional potato. I will always want to be able to taste them when I want to even if it’s just occasionally. This is not for everyone but it’s best for me. At this point I have to be mindful every minute of what and when I eat. I would love to be one of those people who don’t care much about eating.

I was just thinking about when I went out to the dance clubs with my friends they would always go to an all night restaurant afterwards and get something to eat. I went a couple times but mostly not because I didn’t want to go home to bed with a full stomach. I want to have that determination now.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:32 PM   #69  

Carol Sue, I know how you feel because that is pretty much the way I feel too. I would just like to lose a little more weight before I go into maintenance and not keto maintenance. I'm not sure if it is true or not but I've read it isn't good to eat keto as a life style but only for weight loss and it should be done only a couple of weeks to a couple of months at the most.

We all decided to just injoy our meal. They have changed their menu and I ended up getting the Country fried steak with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. The green beans had sugar in them and I had to wonder why you would put sugar in it. They laid the steak on top of toast and I forgot to have the gravy on the side and it was on the steak and potatoes. I've been hungry for nacho type chips and I was surprised when I found out BS hubby had ordered it. DS DH had ordered glazed croussants so. DH and I halved a croussant and I had a few of the nacho chips. At least that will keep me from buying chips and dip in the future because that has been satisfied. To the best I can, I have figured the calories to be 1527 and net carbs 102 grams. The kicker is that the sodium was extremely high. I will take a Lasix to try to offset the affects. I am not eating anything else today and I will go back to my semi-Fit For Life plan tomorrow. I hope the scale won't be too cruel to me tomorrow.

Now all those carbs have made me sleepy so I'm going to take a quick nap.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:35 AM   #70  

Trish I’m glad you ate what you wanted and enjoyed your meal. We all have to do that from time to time. I saved my calories yesterday so I could have chicken fried rice. I love it but rarely have it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Because I saved calories I was under 1200 for the day but had 80 carbs and high sodium. Scale is up to 188.4. Expected.

I want to make pork and sauerkraut but don’t want the sodium. I don’t know what I will do. Some people rinse their sauerkraut but I like the bitey taste. Just not the gain from the sodium. DH didn’t get up until 11 and only because the phone rang. I was getting ready to check on him. He rarely sleeps past 9. I want eggs if he’s cooking. I DONT want to go out! I want over-easy eggs today.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #71  

Carol Sue. It is nice to be able to eat what we want and not be concerned because we have learned to do that with one meal and move on back on our original plan. I call it an off meal, but it really isn'tp because it is planned. I was on a diet support group years ago that taught us not to consider it being off if we plan to it different that day. It did seem to make it easier to continue on the diet after that meal or day.

We have leftovers we brought home so I will wash off my steak and cut it up in my salad and add veggies to DH fried fish.

I thank God that the croussant we halved and the chips and dip and all that breading didn't bother my blood sugar. My FBG this morning was 87. Weight wasn't too bad either as it was only up .8 lbs. I did find an ACV Gummies product that helps burn fat without having to do Keto and decided to order 2 bottles today and see how they work. It has most of the ingredients I read about online plus a few other things it didn't have. People seem to be using it mostly for back and joint pain but some do mention that it is helping with their weight loss. I tried making my own version of it this mornng, but I didn't have all the ingredients and lets face it taking 2 of them every morning is much easier and probably cheaper than making my own. I'll get them Wednesday. It doesn't say anything about keto so I think I can continue with my woe and use them. They have ACV, Tumeric, Pepper and some other things in them very nutritious.

Got to get meds and supplements ready for next week. I've tried to type this message 4 times so better close it while it is working.

Have a great day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Canceled the order for the ACV gummies because I found out that some people make their own and have recipes online for them. When checked to see if anyone was showing how to make them on YouTube, I saw a woman demonstrating hogw she took it in a drink she makes to drink 3 times a day 30 minutes before each meal. I then saw Dr. Berg talking about ACV and he ended he video making it to drink before each meal. It is about the same as the woman was doing to lose weight. I have 2 of them today and will do one more probably before I go to bed. I don't need the gummies. In fact, this is why DH has lost weight and why his FBG is coming down. I've been drinking it some this past week or so, but not consistently. I already take the turmeric and that just might help as well. This might be why my FBG is so low now. The health benefits is wonderful with this if a person is able to do it without any problems.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-16-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #72  

Trish I would like the recipe if you don’t mind sharing. I don’t know if I would use it. I tried ACV in water in the past and it didn’t seem to do anything. Maybe I didn’t do it right.

We had spaghetti for dinner. I wasn’t in the mood for it but I ate a small portion. I am extremely tired today and took a nap.

My blood sugar has been lower recently. Not nearly as low as yours but lower for me. I’m using less G and would love to eliminate it as I think it’s part of the reason I don’t lose. It increases insulin. My next A1c is not til December. I told the doctor I wanted a low 6 and he smiled and said he’s happy with my high 6. I think he thinks I can’t do it but I want to prove him wrong.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:00 PM   #73  

Carol Sue Dr. Berg says take a small amount of water and add 2 tsp ACV, 1 tsp lemon juice (can be real lemons or just a concentrate, a tsp of cranberry juice (optional he likes the taste and it does make it easier to take) and I add Stevia to make it easier to take. He also adds a few shavings of ginger root for a kick to it that he likes but not necessary if you don't like it.

The lady I watched took a glass and made enough for 3 doses a day and she used 3 tsp ACV, squeezed the juice of half a lemon and a tsp of honey in hers. At night she took the last half and added juice from half a pink grapefruit and added sparkling water to it. She said that the pink grapefruit helps make you regular.

Calories today 1282 and net carbs 58. Amazing and I wasn't even trying. I told DH that if I had never stopped drinking the drink he drinks everyday that we learned from Dr. Brag that I would probably be down to or near my goal weight by now. He has always drank it. He said that he has stopped losing weight but stays the same. After all he ate yesterday at the restaurant even halfing the glazed croussant with me his FBG was 130 and had been 140 something yesterday. This stuff is working for us especially our blood sugar and I hope it will work for you and I also hope it will help you and me lose weight and keep it off.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:49 AM   #74  

Trish, there are places online that say ACV does not help with weight loss. Maybe it’s individual. I drank ACV in water a couple years ago but it did not affect my blood sugar or weight so I stopped. I will try again with ACV and lemon because I have them on hand but will not buy anything else for it right now. I got used to the taste of the vinegar so I don’t need sweetener. I have a bottle of just lemon juice unopened. I also have these packets that say they are just lemon to put in water. I have to find out if it’s really lemon and not just flavoring. I carry the little packets in my purse to add to water instead of the little wedge they give you in restaurants.

Im not so tired as I was yesterday. I fell asleep as soon as I went to bed. I got up around 3 and took Benadryl to fall back to sleep.

no scale yet.

I read about True Lemon packets and it says it is made from lemon juice and lemon oil that’s crystallized so I guess it’s real. It’s convenient to carry with me.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-17-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #75  

Carol Sue, I have some of those lemon packets from Walmart. I need to look at them and see if they are from real lemon juice. I also have lemon/ginger tea that I buy and sometimes drink it instead of coffee for my first drink in the morning. I noticed some of the keto ACV gummies have the lemon/ginger and turmeric and pepper in it. So I should add the lemon/ginger tea to the ACV at least once a day. I already take the Turmeric with pepper in it once a day.

Today I am becoming more lower carb minded. My calories will be 1159 and net carbs 49 if I follow the plan I have right now. I had 2 boiled eggs with half an avocado and 1 small tomato along with my collagen coffee. I am back on the lower carb woe most days and drinking the ACV before my meal hoping that I can get the scales moving again. I don't have any fruit planned but could have strawberries in or with my protein shake tonight and still be low carb.

My weight bumped up to 184.4 today and FBG was 98. Not sure why the scale bumped up unless it was the KFC and carby meal at Cheddar's took a little longer to catch up with me. No worry because I'm OP again. I am also going to stay with 16:8 IF ratio as well. I need to lose the weight before I think about going more Intuitive Eating.

Closed Thread