Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 01:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

No scale today. I feel fat.

Trish my plan works very well for me if I stick to it. Itís not the woe thatís bad, itís me. No diet plan will work if I donít stick to it. I have to quit eating when not hungry and observe a fast of at least 18 hours. When I follow those 2 rules I lose well and feel better too.

I bought ground beef today so we will probably have something with that for dinner. I made some sandwich spread that DH likes so heís all set for today. I wonít have to eat if I donít want to or a very small dinner. My dog wonít eat Arbys roast beef. What does that tell you? I like it but it sure doesnít look like roast beef.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:10 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue, I almost didn't weigh this morning because I felt heavier because of the sodium I had yesterday plus I got up later than usual. But the scale is something I just haven't been able to get away from.

I love Arby's and gained a lot of weight eating there when BS was dating her 1st husband. We would go there and eat after Sunday night church. I have been wanting one of their Rubin sandwiches, but their meat is so much sodium in it. It is too far to just go there to get one so I don't eat them any more. I wonder if dogs resist high sodium foods or is it some other ingredient?

We had pork chops for dinner and I figured out an easy way to make Harvest Beets for DH. I made this from pickled beets that I had, but next time I will buy regular sliced beets and use Stevia to make them sugar free and healthier for his blood sugar. I will have a lowfat ham sandwich later today and take my collagen with it to round out my day and will end up with a 2 meal day of 1228 calories. It is so easy for me to go with out breakfast/brunch so may continue doing it this way. I guess because I grew up eating this way, it feels so normal to me. I also do better with a 18 to 20 hr fast. I've also gone back to drinking my coffee with collagen powder 2X a day. I read the one I use is good for my bones. However, I'm using it twice because I remember that it curbed my appetite and hope it will do that this time too.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:40 PM   #48  

Trish, I am somewhat obsessed with the scale but will skip weighing if I feel I've had a gain. Today was a better day. DH did make hamburgers for his dinner but I ate 1 piece he cut off the size of one bite. I only had a 3 hour eating window and around 1000 calories under 50 gram of carb. I needed this to jumpstart my plan. I'm starting to feel hungry hut hunger won't kill me.

We get Arbys a couple times a year. Usually if there are coupons in the mail. I really love the roast beef with horseradish sauce but the thing that saves me is that DH can take it or leave it. I usually go along with what he wants. I can usually find something that fits my plan anywhere he wants to eat.

We had another discussion about him making food for me and he said he just doesn't get it. Finally I told him I can cook my own food if I want it. Its unfortunate because he makes the best fluffy scrambled eggs but I want to eat when I'm ready, not when he wants to eat. I don't know if he will change or not. He does not understand why I want to wait til noon to eat.

I love beets and always have them on hand but I don't think to eat them. DH likes them too but we don't like them with sweetener.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-09-2022 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:12 PM   #49  

Weight up 2.2 lbs today. Too much of something yesterday not sure if it is the carbs and/or sodium. So I am going to work at lowering the carbs. Still will be more of an IE woe regardless. I will no longer eat just because it is time to eat, but will eat when I'm hungry. I think it is time to learn what I saw someone else called "that sweet spot" regarding to how many carbs I can eat and still lose weight.

Another hot day today expected of up to 107 another stay inside kind of day. Have a nice day everybody.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #50  

Trish, today online I saw someone say all Texans should stay inside from11am til November!, Hot!

My scale still said 187.7 today which means it would have been really bad yesterday. Havenít eaten yet today.

Today I saw a neighbor I havenít seen since Covid. She was always petite. She has gained a lot of weight. Thatís the 3rd person Iíve seen that gained a lot over Covid but the younger woman next door had a baby and didnít lose the baby weight. I donít want to be mean but Iím so glad you and I didnít gain. I donít understand it.

I got on the scale again and now itís 187.0 after not eating all day. I am having eggs and bacon now at 2 pm. I am ok just a little hungry. Eggs and bacon will hold me for hours.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:16 AM   #51  

Ended day with 1290 calories and net carbs 60 g. withing 6 hr eating window.

Carol Sue I think everyone has gained weight because of the stress of covid except people who still did keto. They seem to have done pretty well from what I can see from the groups I've seen.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:59 PM   #52  

I didnít get a chance to get on the scale today before DH wanted to leave. We went to Bob Evans, then Target, Walmart and Goodwill. So I got lots of walking today. I feel good.

No one in my family gained during Covid. My neighbor on the other side didnít. She is so thin Iím envious. Now that I think of it, it seems to be those that stay home gained and those who go out to work did not. Except for you and I.

I should have bought some peppers and I could make stuffed peppers.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:54 PM   #53  

I have had a busy morning but I finally got all our medical appointments set up for the year. I finally found a dentist but no appointments until December, but we've waited this long so we can wait. DH wanted sooner but there were only 2 places available on our advantage plan and one didn't have any reviews and this one had a 4.6 rating about as close to 5 as you can get so I chose it. Glad to have it all set up.

Carol Sue, you did get exercise today. I did some of my exercises but will have to do the stationary bike later today.

My weight was down to 183.8 today. I have about a month before I go see the doctor and I hope I can at least get down to 180 on my scale. I've heard of people who won't weigh at the doctor's office so I'm thinking of asking them to track what I weigh on my scale that day. That is what the nurse did last time I was there.

We go to Sams and Walmart tomorrow so I've decided to get bags of veggies for salads and start eating a lI have had a busy morning but I finally got all our medical appointments set up for the year. I finally found a dentist but no appointments until December, but we've waited this long so we can wait. DH wanted sooner but there were only 2 places available on our advantage plan and one didn't have any reviews and this one had a 4.6 rating about as close to 5 as you can get so I chose it. Glad to have it all set up.

Carol Sue, I just realized that I could buy peppers and make stuffed peppers for me to eat for an evening snack/meal. DH won't eat them and doesn't like ground meat for anything but CB. Good for you getting exercise today. I always call my store walking my exercise for the day which is usually Tuesdays for me. I did some of my exercises today but will have to do the stationary bike later today if I even get to it.

My weight was down to 183.8 today. I have about a month before I go see the doctor and I hope I can at least get down to 180 on my scale. I've heard of people who won't weigh at the doctor's office so I'm thinking of asking them to track what I weigh on my scale that day. That is what the nurse did last time I was there.

We go to Sam's and Walmart tomorrow so I have decided to get of bags of veggies that aready to make salads so I don't have to cut it all up. I can cook meat for our protien for dinner and just add it to my salad especially since it is so hot. Hopefully that will help me to start losing weight.

Have good day.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #54  

Trish, I mentioned to DH how much better I can walk when pushing a cart like a walker. Target wasnít crowded so I was able to go fast. I wanted water which is all the way in the back of the store. We saw a woman who had a cart full to overflowing with toys and games. She said itís for Christmas. She gets things on sale and clearance all year round because stores jack up the prices in December. Good idea!

DH made a hamburger for himself for dinner. I wasnít hungry. I will eat some thing if I get hungry. So far Iím at 600 calories and 12 carbs!
Old 07-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #55  

Carol Sue, DH and I used to start buying gifts this time of the year so that we had all the gifts we wanted to give the kids for Christmas. It was so much easier and nicer. Now everybody does for their own kids because with grands living with their future mates etc there are just too many for us to buy for. We still have one young grandson and I have 2 great grandsons that we give money too for birthday and Christmas and let them buy whatever they want.

I do pretty good using the store carts too and am able to move around with speed with them. I know it was hard for DS but I think she would have done better if she had kept going shopping. But I know it isn't easy when you have pain. I know my Daddy pushed himself until he just didn't care any more. Plus once he had a few falls he lost his confidence that he wouldn't fall. I guess that is why I push myself. I just don't want to give up and stop doing what I can do hoping I will continue to improve.

Calories today were 1259 and net carbs 63 today and I did about 8 hr window.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:15 AM   #56  

Scale is up 1.4 to 188.4. I am not happy but I think itís fluid because my ankles were puffy last night. If I do a high protein day I should lose the fluid.

Trish, I want to push myself, too. My main problem is balance. DH loves to go and I love to stay home but he rarely goes without me. He pushes me so I wonít become immobile. I get mad but I know itís for my own good. Sometimes my legs hurt and sometimes not. I donít know why. One thing I know is I feel better with less pain and more energy if I fast, or even eat lightly. I have to keep reminding myself.

My Fitbit vibrates once each hour to remind me to get up and move. I often ignore it. Iím going to make sure I have it turned on and start moving every hour.

DH is getting better at eating without me. He waits til later for breakfast and last night he cooked his hamburger without making one for me. I hope this continues. I think he wants to go out to eat today so I will limit my eating to be sure Iím hungry when we go. I donít know where he will want to go. I want him to be happy but not at the expense of my happiness, too. I donít care where we go as long as I can pick my own meal.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #57  

Carol Sue, I feel the same way about my eating. I want to feel like I'm in control of what, when and how I eat. At the same time, I know there are some places I can't control the type of meal I eat. I used to let DH eat what he wanted and I would eat something else when I got home, but it was easier back then when I was younger. As much as I love low carb and IF, I like eating in such a way that I don't have any off days because nothing is off limits. I like a like a lot about both low cal and low carb plans so plan to mix and match and make my ow woe and stay within certain cals. I like moderation. Might look into Paula Deans diet plan that you used to lose weight and get her diabetes under control. She says moderation, moderation, moderation.

Weight back down to 182.4 today but then today is also KFC day and tomorrow I go to beauty shop for haircut and I get LJS when I'm over in that part of town. Plus we are meeting my sisters and BILs for dinner Friday so this week I will have to really be careful. The beautiful thing going on in my life right now is my FBG has been in the 90s everyday this month except for one day of 101. BP is pretty stable as well so I am healthy.

Have a great day.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #58  

So DH cooked breakfast and asked if I wanted something before he cooked. Thatís what I want him to do, or not cook for me at all. I told him I wanted 1 egg and a small piece of sausage. Thatís what he gave me and Iím happy. 195 calories and 2 carbs. Now itís up to me not to snack til dinner. Thatís 3-4 hours. I can do it. If I canít Iíll have a piece of celery. If I donít want celery then Iím not really hungry.

When we eat out we go to a sit down restaurant where they serve you. Thereís always a choice for me. Itís up to me to skip the bread/rolls. Every time I do it makes me stronger. If we go to a fast food place I just order the best I can. If I know weíre going there I can make adjustments for it earlier in the day.

óóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóó

With all my good planning I went way over on carbs at dinner. Close to 100. My ankles are puffy again.

TMI. I didnít move bowels for 2 days but my body decided to take action at the restaurant while eating my meal. So thatís one issue out of the way. Great timing,

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-12-2022 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:21 PM   #59  

Calories 1408 and net carbs 73 only 9 g of fiber even with the salad I ate with the chicken and the Premier shake.

Carol Sue Those BMs help with the weight loss but I don't like it when it happens when I'm either shopping or at a restaurant.

I read today on Healthline about eating more carbs from fruit is good for us even diabetics as long as you don't have an allergy to it or doing keto of VLC because of the fiber. I think that is why WW was so good when they came out with them being 0 pts to get people to eat them. I've also been reading about how we don't lose because we don't eat enough calories. I still have a problem with that one because it is so engrained in me to eat less. Even MPF says 1200 calories a day if I want to lose.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:37 AM   #60  

I'm teetering on the brink of failure!! Scale at 189.4. Yikes! It might be because I weighed at 5:30 am. I woke up early and felt rested so I got up. I keep making excuses but I'm eating too much of the wrong stuff. I'm not eating enough vegetables, for me. I used to eat vegetables mid day to get them in but I eliminated that. Its backfiring. My brain tells me I can eat more at dinner. You live and learn. I think I need a serious fast day to reset my body. I keep hearing the carnivore people say we don't need vegetables, that they are harmful. I need vegetables no matter what they say. I don't like fruit. I don't hate it, but its the last thing I would choose to eat. But that's just me. DH loves fruit.

My ankles. Remember I was having pain in the right ankle? I would take a few steps then get a stabbing pain in my ankle. It went away for a few days then came back in my left ankle. I'm afraid when I get up from my chair because if I get the pain and lose my balance I will go flying into the TV. DH thinks this is being caused by something I'm eating. The only thing I'm eating different is cucumbers. And my ankles get puffy at night. So no cucumbers today. I'm hoping the puffiness goes away. It could be because its so hot and humid.

Trish I'm glad you are holding you low weight. I don't believe what they say about not eating enough. Because when I eat more I gain. Also,,what about anorexics? They should all be gaining. One thing I did read once was when you start to eat more you will gain at first but once your metabolism improves you will start losing. But I don't believe that because many start eating more once they hit goal and then regain all they lost. If you are eating when hungry and stopping when satisfied you are eating enough for YOU. Believe in what's working for you. When we diet our bodies fight back. They don't want us to starve. We just need to keep going.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-13-2022 at 08:30 AM.
Closed Thread