Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all.

fbs was in the low 80's today but not a suprise because I had very little carbs. The small portion of carbs for dinner suffered a kitchen mishap (burned) and was inedible. So, I had a miniature reeses cup. I am probably still ok, carb and calorie wise.

I am looking forward to a little light aerobics tomorrow for the first time since my knee injury. I miss it. Crossing my fingers that it will go well. I am going to stick to the wii strength and boxing for a week or so before I try to get back into everything.

Fatmad, wtg for being back on plan and excercise. Let me just say, I thought it was only me about the asparagus aftermath, but well worth it... LOL I also love the veggies and fruits of summer. Our farmers market will open up soon and I can't wait. If I can avoid all the pies and breads that they sell.

Trish I can't imagine that you actually gained 7 pounds of fat. It must be the restaurant meals. I hope that you had a good time. San Antonio is lovely!

Well, I am going to try to get one more load of washing done tonight. Have a lovely evening.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #77  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at the asparagus effect! It happens to everyone and some of us just don't mention it or notice it. It definitely has a diuretic effect and I should eat three or four pounds of it today as I'm still holding "water" - I hope it's water!

Went to the doc about the earache yesterday and found my ears were plugged with wax! I've no idea why as I've always left my ears pretty much alone and have never had that problem. Anyhow, after an interesting and messy treatment, I can hear again. Didn't lose any weight either!

Food was not good at all over the weekend and the weight is still up at 185. It sure looks like the 170s will not be arriving with the first day of June! I can't go low carb because of the BGL issues but am going to try to cut down on carbs a lot. (Strawberries are better than bread but it's hard to make a sandwich from them.) I'm drinking more water - some of it as Crystal Lite which I make with twice the amount of water called for. I'm not sure if it's really thirst quenching so may switch to plain water with a squirt of lemon.

Today will be warm again so more water will be glugged. I am doing the Village barrel planters today (21!) and will have several bottles with me in the car as I do my rounds. My lettuce in the raised beds is ready so salads will be happening too!

Happy last day of May.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #78  

Height: 5'2"

Just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone. Back on the "beach" today after some years away. Looking forward to feeling good again. The weather has been so hot and muggy here. Staying in the ac today. Only going to the market to pick up a few things. It feels so good to be back!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Welcome to Karen and welcome back Lindyloo.

Montana - I'm sure the 7 lbs are just water weight. I was down 4 lbs this morning.

Mad - I am glad your Dad has found someone to date. Made we think about when my Daddy was dating my Step-mom. They married just before he turned 80. He was so cute... he would say "I'm not dating and they were just friends going out for coffee or dinner". My sister and I laughed at him because he was dating Bonnie. He got upset because she bought him a shirt for Christmas and asked me what he could get her for Christmas that wasn't personal. Can't remember what he bought her, but it was personal. They got married 5 mos later. I always thought Daddy felt like he was being unfaithful to my Mama, but I have always been thankful that he is not alone.

Ruth - I have problems with swelling from salt or something. I don't eat a lot of salt normally, but we can't avoid it sometimes.

I'm eating Volumetics... eating a lot of veggie soups and fruit. I am really enjoying it. I spent most of the day yesterday in the potty room. Not having any problems in that department today either. I did do my Walk Away the Pound 1 mile dvd today. Was hard to do, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Amazing thing is that my foot actually felt better afterwards. So that is a good sign.

We are having record high temps right now so my walking/exercise will be indoors.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

fbs 82 this morning and 92 tonight. I feel pretty good. Did 30 minutes of wii aerobics and boxing this morning. My knee hurts tonight but it isn't as bad as I feared it might be so I am happy. I will follow dr's orders and stay light for the week.

Pattygirl - volumetics sounds good. I really miss fruit. I can only eat it in such small portions that I often leave it out of my meals. I did have a few grapes today as my noon carb.

Lindy, good luck on the beach. From reading here lots of people do very well on the program. Nice to have you here!

Ruth, I am with you on the low carb thing. I just can't seem to tolerate extreme low carb. Ironically, I can often get high bs readings. I guess my liver panics and starts putting out sugar. I try to limit carbs, though. Everything is a balancing act.

Tonight we had a guest for a barbque. We had grilled asparagus , potatoes, artichokes, and ribs. I had two small ribs, a little potatoes and a plateful of veggies. Everything tasted wonderful from the grill.

Well, off for a night of rest then work tomorrow. It is fun to have lots of company here. TTL
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #81  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

See you in the June Thread.
Closed Thread