Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #61  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Montana, maybe a stationary bike would be ok. With very low resistance, so you use speed, not strength to get the HR up.
I am interested in the cinnamon and chromium thing, I was reading about the combo on one of the other threads, was it pcos? Appetite suppression would be good for me. I have to be careful about overeating, my portions are still a bit too big. I still act as if I will never get another meal, or if I don't eat the whole thing now, it will be GONE forever and I can't handle it.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Yes I am hoping that I can ride a bike. I need the cardio. Unfortunately my brace will not let me bend the knee more than 65 degrees for the first ten days I may have to stick to lifting weights for now.

Yes, the thread I saw was on the pcos. I am interested but I haven't had time to do the research. My dad swears by cinamon.

Appetite is not too much of a problem for me because my program allows unlimited amounts of "free" veggies. I control portions by filling in with those veggies until I am full. Tonight I had a tillapia fillet, a small 1/2cup portion of corn polenta, 1/2 broiled portabella mushroom. Not a lot of food. But, I also had about 2 cups of romaine lettuce and cucumbers. I am stuffed.

What do you typically eat? I know that you do really low carb...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #63  
Madeleine

Montana, I have been averaging about 30-40 g carbs most days. I stick to basic breakfasts, eggs, with bacon or ham, or an omelette, or greek yoghurt with chopped nuts, or a protein shake. Lunch is salad and cheese or meat roll ups. Sometimes leftovers from supper. Supper is cooked veggies and meat. I haven't been snacking a lot during the day, filling up is no problem, but I am snackish in the evening and that can be my undoing. I try to stick to veggies and dip (blue cheese or avacado and cheese) but sometimes have nuts etc.
I wind up with about 10 servings of veggies, as I fill up on these. I try to make sure I get enough fat to make up for the lower carbs so I don't get hungry, and I am not always successful, but I try.
GOod luck with the exercise with the knee in the brace, its a drag, but you can do it.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie but an announcement that being attacked by "friends" bearing chicken wings (honey garlic) and wine can result in a three pound gain overnight! I know it's just water weight but still ... I sure had a fun evening though and I do have a Life.

Water, veggies and protein today. Amazingly, FBGL was 4.3.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #65  

Ruth - chicken wings and wine? I hope you enjoyed every minute! the weight will come off. Good job on the bs.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #66  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good morning

Ruth, I'm a sucker for wings and wine as well, but your right we do have to live once in a while.

Still raining here. We are supposed to get 75 mm over the next two or three days and I can't find my umbrella to go for a walk. I must admit though it's better than snow.

Montana, maybe just stick to the upper body for awhile until you knee heals a little more. Do you have a Wii? Maybe there would be something on there that you could use.

Low carb seems to be working better for me now and I think I have lost 3 lbs. according to the scale this morning. I find myself only eating breakfast and dinner though as I don't have breakfast until around 11. Sticking to around 45 - 60 grams of carbs a day.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #67  

Hi all. bs in good shape throughout the day. A little weight lifting. Looking forward to light cardio the beginning of the week.

Lindy - it sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on the loss.

I am headed to the pool captains meeting tonight after a dinner of fish and veggies. Summer league is just around the corner and I am excited.

BBL.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #68  

Hi All.

fbs is pretty good tonight. 84, and still under 95 after supper. I am trying to eat pretty light due to the problems with the knee. I am reminded, again, the stress and pain has an impact on bs.

Tonight we had fresh asparagus (I picked it from the ditchbank - it loves rainy weather), a little thinly sliced steak with mushrooms, light alfredo sauce and spagetti squash. I am really developing a taste for spagetti squash- it is so sweet and nice.

Tomorrow I am buying my plants for the garden. I will be putting in several stevia plants. Last year I bought one to try and it was not enough. I don't really like the powdered stevia but the green plant makes lovely iced tea. With some fresh peppermint, I should be able enjoy some lovely tea in the heat of the summer.

My DIL called me today to report that she has lost 19#. She called in a panic about 6 weeks ago, having been diagnosed pre-diabetic. She wanted my plan and everything so I emailed it to her with some of my food diaries. I feel good that I was able to help her. She is taking to it really easy and her bs has been great.

I hope that you are enjoying the weekend.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #69  
Madeleine

Well, you know when I go MIA its not good news for my food plan. Have been very off plan. I have conjuctivitis (good ole pink eye!) and have to say, its been my undoing. I was doing well with a work stress issue a couple of weeks ago, but when my eye started up, well I just lost it and have been having pie, cereal and chocolate like crazy. I wont even step on the scale right now. I decided to get back on track today. Eye is finally getting better after 3 days, and 3 different antibiotics (I have developed some new allergies, resulting in lots of swelling and general ugliness). Today I go to visit my Dad. After a little over a year, he is making the house "his". He's just had it repainted and wants to give my sister and I some of the furniture, some special stuff of Mum's. Its a lovely thing. So I am taking a trailer and going to visit after breakfast.
He is dating as I said, but has not plans for "moving in" together or getting married at this point he says, but is feeling good about life again, and I am so happy for him. At 80 a person really deserves good things in their lives.
ttfn
Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #70  
Come on Spring!

Mad, I am glad that your Dad is able to move on with his life. I like to see that. So sorry about the eye problem. There's always something, isn't there?

My ticker is still lying as I can't seem to shake that alleged "water weight". If it doesn't budge soon, I'll have to adjust the darn thing. Looking back on the week' menus there were too many carby days, low calorie but too much bread and pasta! My FBGL has been running a bit high too. I have a perpetual ear ache which may be affecting that - will go to the doc this week.

There was a chicken BBQ at the Legion yesterday which was on my plan but I left it too late so had a salad of greens from my garden plus some beans and a HB egg. Then I ruined it by munching some cookies that were stashed in the freezer. Medicating with food does not help a sore ear!

Today's challenge? Our Church is having an afternoon dance - a real dance with wine, beer, a local group and food, of course. That should not be a big problem as I an very sick of the food after spending all afternoon yesterday getting it ready. (I'll eat a ½ sandwich and fruit before I go.) I'm bartending which means I won't be drinking either.

Tonight's supper will involve asparagus, tomatoes and a mushroom omelet and I WILL get back to the gym tomorrow morning.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #71  

Height: 5'2"

Been MIA for a while. My hubby and I decided that enough is enough and the diet starts again on Tuesday after the holiday. I am pretty excited that he wants to do it too. He also needs to loose a ton weight and doing it together will help. Going to go back to trying South Beach and see how it goes. Hope to continue posting again. Looking forward to hanging with you all again!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #72  
Come on Spring!

Nice to "see" you in my two favourite places.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #73  

Hi all. Happy Sunday.

fbs has been good and I have been worried so I did some post-prandial testing yesterday and I am doing well. I am really struggling, though, I am HUNGRY! I think it is the lack of excercise and the fact that I am really limiting my eating right now. I have permission to start some light stepping tomorrow if I wear the brace.

Fatmad, good to hear from you. I am sorry about your eye. That is such an irritating problem! It sounds like your dad is in a good process. How nice that you are supportive of him developing a new life. I have seen some adult children behave very badly in that situation. I hope that having some of your mother's special things is comforting to you.

Ruth, it sounds like you are having a busy, yet food challenging weekend. Those cookies in the freezer are killer! I just can't have them in the house, or I won't leave them alone. We buy cookies with walnuts or pecans (I am alergic) for my gs. That's the only way I can let them be.

Lindy, it will be nice to see you posting. It is terrific that your dh will do the program with you.

This afternoon we are going to a graduation barbque. I am taking a veggie salad so I can be sure of something that I can eat. I'm sure that most of you have seen it but I will post here. The nice thing is that it actually gets better after a couple days. I make it and eat on it for a week.

Marinated veggie salad: cut bite-sized pieces of veggies. I like broccoli, cauliflower, cukes, peppers and fresh mushrooms. Drench in your favorite italian, ceasar, or home made oil and vinegar dressing. Seal in plastic container and store in fridge. Before serving, shake container and enjoy.
I hope that you all enjoy your day.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #74  
Madeleine

stayed on plan yesterday and today except for some sugar free chocolate. Got a bit of exercise both days. I plan to work at eating right for a few days then look at the scale, it will be less scary if I take a bit off first, I think.
Enjoying the rhubarb a lot. strawberries are on the way soon, lots of wild ones blooming in my grass. I too have been enjoying some fresh asparagus. (it makes my pee smell funny, TMI, but is true!)
Summer is easier for all the fresh veggies and good stuff.
gonna do a1c later this week before my holidays in June.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

We got home last evening and was late when we got almost everything unpacked and put away. Spent the rest of last night and today getting a big pile of dirty clothes washed and put away.

I was totally off plan the whole trip and gained 7 lbs and believe a lot of it is from salt etc you get from eating in restaurants. Re-read my Volumetrics book while traveling and suddenly understand how I can use it with WW while I get used to portions etc so I was back OP today. I came back home with a whole new attitude and I feel encouraged by what I read. I have decided that I will start exercising regularly. My right foot has bothered me almost the whole time I was gone. I broke my little toe many years ago and I thought it might be arthritis however it was really swelled when I got home so it could be my shoes I wore when in the hotels. Ended up walking San Antonio using my walking cane.

I need to read and catch up on everyone and I'm too tired to do that tonight. I'll do it tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Till tomorrow
Closed Thread