Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Glad everyone had a great Mother's day.

I agree Ruthie and Riemontana that pounds come on much easier and faster than losing them.

Fatmad So glad your heel did well during your walk. Funny how we learn things about our bodies by doing other things. It is difficult for me when I first start walking... my back and hip usually hurts, but in time the grow stronger from the walking and the pain goes away. The problem is many times I give in to the pain and don't exercise. My right knee has started bothering me so got some liquid glucosamine to drink and moved the stationary bike back into the living room and started riding it again last night. I also have learned that there are certain foods I can't have in the house. Even though there are foods on the CarbLovers Diet list that are allowed, I still can't have them in the house. I think some things that our mind just seems to be think binge etc. So I'm learning with this new woe that there are still foods that I can't bring into the house.

We have a chance to get rain all week. Hope all that rain slows down by th time we leave next week.

Have a good day.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Trish I hear you about certain foods not being in the house. It is hard because my son and 4yr old grandson live with me. There are lots of things that we keep around for him. But, we try to avoid things that are too tempting for me. I sometimes wish that I could sit down and eat a bunch of oreos or cheetos with him. :-(

I hope that someday I can get to a mental place where I can have a more normal relationship with food. Maybe that will happen.

Well, I worked late today and I am only two days from my vegas trip. I am getting excited. Wahoo!

Have a restful and happy evening
Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoops! Sat on the deck and drank Caesars with a friend to celebrate the first Spring evening. The salt rimming the glass did me in. Today will be a big water day. BGL is also whacky at 6.2 - maybe salt? Alcohol usually makes it low. Hmmm.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #34  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

oh dear, have misplaced my glucometer! WIll have to find it today. I didn't test yesterday so didn't miss it. Was another day in Toronto, but stayed on plan. Lots of salt though, so didn't weigh in this am, but "feels" like all the clothes fit right, so not worries. Am going to take the dog to the trail to walk. Yesterday wore the shoes I had on Sunday, but didn't walk as much, but heel is quite sore, even feels "bruised" a bit. But will tray a good walk again anyhow.
have a good day friends.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #35  

Good morning all!

I woke to increased cold symptoms this am so I did a very light workout - just to get the blood moving but not enough to get tired. fbs was 94. I sure hope that I can get well very fast as I don't want to travel sick!

I could use some advice:My Dr has told me that it is ok for me to drink. "just be careful" but he hasn't told me anything else. I would really like to have some drinks while I am in Vegas - maybe even quite a few :-). Since diagnosis, I have only had a small glass of wine with dinner on 2 occasions. There was really no impact on bs or how I feel. Any advise or experience you could share would be great.

Thanks for posting about the ceasars, Ruth. I love them.

Fatmad, way to go with the walking. I hope your heel starts to feel better. Just wondering, do you have a heel spur or another condition that may be causing your pain? What does your doc say?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #36  

Hello fellow travelers!

Just a quick note to let you know that I weighed in today. I only weigh once per month. I was so happy to see that another 6 pounds has gone! I keep thinking that my plan is so moderate that my weightloss will slow down but I have been at a steady average of 6 pounds. In nine months I have lost 62 pounds. It feels pretty good.

Heading to Vegas in the morning. Take care all
Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

Good work, Montana, and have a good Vegas trip. I've never been there but will do it one of these days. I just need to pick the right friend to go along.

Well, weight is finally going down again. 188 on Tuesday and 184 this morning. I credit the water, Fibre1 and veggies plus exercise. The 170s in June are a possibility!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #38  
Madeleine

wow, Ruth, thats great, and the big drop must be from water retention as you said. Montana, I am so glad for you to have steady losses and hope you have fun in vegas, and generally avoid the mixed drinks. Wine should be ok, and plain mixes like with diet coke or something, but its those fancy ones with liqueur shots that will kill your diet. And do forgive yourself if there is a small gain when you get home. Just remember its not the end of the world and you will be able to lose again just like now.
Have been busy with work, so have been mia, but have a bit of time off and should have a more regular schedule for the next while. Weight is at ticker again, would really like to get down to 160 for the summer, but it sure doesn't want to go off easily. If I gain a bit, I can get rid of it, but can't seem to budge down even with staying closely on plan.

Having some work stress, different from the funny hours, and am hoping to be able to stay on plan in spite of it, so thats my challenge in the next week.
have a good weekend everyone ttfn
Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #39  
Come on Spring!

Still holding at ticker but FBGL was 3.3 this morning. I had two pork skewers (small) and a lovely mesclun salad. I guess I should have added some more carbs.

Realized I am addicted to caffeine. There was no coffee so I had to drink decaf. My workout at the gym was difficult and I felt really draggy until I had some real coffee at the Diner.

Good advice from Mad on the booze. I find hard liquor (Scotch) affects my BGL much less than wine - carbs, I guess. Beer is an absolute no-no as are sweet mixed drinks. Gin and diet tonic is my drink for the summer. At parties I can get away with water, ice and a slice of lime and folks think I'm actually drinking.

A challenge again this afternoon. I am off to a volunteer appreciation tea at the nursing home. My strategy is to simply not go into the food room. I will have a dog with me and know they can't go in because of health regulations so ...
Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #40  
Madeleine

Well, drank a LOT of wine yesterday afternoon, but stuck to plan food wise, so ticker is ok this am. Planning a quiet weekend otherwise, so am hoping it will stay fine. It is going to rain the rest of the weekend here, but I hope the landscaper who is coming tonight will be able to give us some good ideas for fixing up the yard. It is huge and right now is just too difficult to manage and look good, so I want professional ideas to make it "right".
Just a quick check in, hope everyone has a good weekend, especially our Montana friend on her trip to Vegas!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #41  
Come on Spring!

Ticker is up a bit today from a yummy supper last night but it's not 185 so I won't change it. Darling Dr Bob popped in at supper time and we had corned beef on rye with dill pickles for a veggie. Salt city! He brought me a three month supply of Victoza samples which saves me $900. Weightloss in diabetics is his specialty and he is frequently consulted by my own Dr Jack.

I am still concerned over not eating a more balanced diet. Veggies seem to be missing from a lot of my days. This morning, after gym, I am making a whole head of broccoli into soup and am going to be sure to eat two veggies with my dinner. I take a multi-vitamin but real food is better. Milk is a bit lacking too and my nails are showing it.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just dropping in a few minutes to say I've not forgotten y'all. I had a message ready to send a few days ago and lost it in cyberspace and didn't feel like writing it again.

We leave Wednesday for TX. I've been watching things on enternet reading newspapers and hope the route we are taking to cross the Mississippi is a good route. We are going to Arkansas first to see my daughter and then plan to meet my babysister in Texarkana, TX and have dinner with her. She lives in Waco area where I'm going but her boys are trying to get into R&B and have a 3 month tour starting the day we are supposed to be in Waco. Daddy told me she was supposed to be in Texarkana the night I was to be in Waco so I called her and we are hoping to meet up there for a visit.

DH was as slow about getting in the mood for the trip as I was, but now he has turned it into a mini vacation. Turns out that my other sister is having hip replacement surgery Thursday after Daddy's eye surgery on Monday so we will stay until the surgery is over and then go to San Antonio because Tony has never been there. We will be gone about 2 weeks. I'll try to check in here whenever I can.

I don't remember if I told you all of Tony's tests came back fine so I guess now we have to work on DH building up his strength. Blood doc says "walk". I hope he will do it as I would love to walk. It is hard on me at first but when I get used to it my body begins to really feel good.

Y'all have a good week and I'll try to check in with y'all when I get to Waco and get settled.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #43  
Madeleine

Trish, have a great time on your trip. Hope Montana is enjoying herself in Vegas too. Am going to a conference for a couple of days myself, but will take the laptop and I expect there will be internet at the hotel. As usual I have to worry about meals a bit , but hope to exercise a lot and will eat out if needed.
Not coping very well re work, but doing ok with food for the being, hope I can do an end run around the urge to try to binge my troubles away. Been there, done that, time to find a better way. Perhaps yoga in the morning.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #44  
Come on Spring!

Well, I went up to 187 yesterday but it's gone again today. I must be extremely salt sensitive. I think the marinated pork skewers did me in plus the remains of the corned beef.

I'm afraid this constant rain is dragging me down. I'd sure never be able to handle winter in the West Coast. I eat more bread and grains when it's gray and cold but am trying to snap out of it. I'll have a salad with a HB egg for lunch and a small bowl of broccoli soup. Stir fry with veggies will do for dinner as I am once again loaded with veggies from the Good Food Box program.

I hope Montana and Patty are having a good time on their travels.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

Sure is lonely in here.

Weight is still the same but darned FBGL is up to 7.2 this morning. I'm not sure why unless it was a few nibbles of white chocolate chips last night as I got baking organized for today.
Closed Thread