Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #16  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth: I am with you on how hard will power can be. At the reception after the funeral today, I somehow managed to eat several slices of cheese and avoided the little squares and goodies. I knew if I started I would not be able to stop. It was really hard and I was constantly thinking about those goodies. I stepped away from the tables and sat at the sidelines. I drank my tea and made polite conversation. I am obviously still addicted because they called to me the whole time. I envisioned unhealed foot sores and high numbers on my glucose monitor to help my will power.
I am not in ketosis today, (too much cheese I suspect) but didn't fall off the wagon. I won't have to restart low carbing in the morning, and the carb cravings that go with the cheats won't be haunting me all night. (I hope)
sure isn't easy though.
Trish, I hope you find the right woe that you can stick with, if you could just stick with something long enough for it to work, you will be fine. I know the atkins way is difficult, and won't work if you can't do it. So don't beat yourself up if its not for you.
Have a good day everyone.
ttfn
Old 04-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to knock the ticker down a notch today but BGL was 6.2. I am not sure what's going on there. Yesterday may have been a tad "carby" and I may have to modify today's plan.

Just remembered I had four crackers with egg salad before bed - maybe that did it! Celery sticks or pepper strips would have been a better "cracker".

"Too soon old and too late smart."
Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #18  
Madeleine

well, my fbs was 4.9 today, first time below 5 in a while! so that is great. I believe that is 88 to our US friends, so I am pretty happy with that. BUt still no change on the scale, making my sacrifice yesterday feel a bit hollow. Its making it hard to stick to plan. I will give it until Friday and if no change by then I will pack it in. No change on the inches noticed either. Maybe I will get a woosh. I would like that.
Off to work, will have a full day today and tomorrow, but likely no new babies. Just lots of visits. I had a great sleep last night, I am glad to say. That makes everything easier.
Ruth, with all the meds you are on, I would have thought a few crackers wouldn't have affected your sugars so much, so am surprised about that.
Hello to everyone else, have a good day.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

Keepin' on keepin' on. FBGL 6.2 again. I really AM eating properly.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #20  
Madeleine

fasting glucose of 4.3 today. I haven't seen that one before. But seriously, one can't do induction forever, and I haven't lost an ounce, and as per previous times on induction, I am seriously (sorry TMI) constipated, in spite of making sure I have lots of fibre and fat.
Otherwise am coping better on induction than previous times and no sign of atkins flu. My cravings for sweets is slightly better too. Now if only some weight and inch loss would follow. Sigh, what a drag!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ I didn't fall off the edge of the abyss or anything; I'm still around. Have been popping in whenever I can; reading when I can; and posting when I can. I have only posted once tonight and my PC is balking already so I'll make this quick as I can.

I have been eating really well in March & April; so glad for that. Did some tweaking to my portion plan and it is really helping me a lot. I added in some more protein snacks; keeping my whole grain carbs in check; and the salty snacks out!!! That plus my Christian meditations seem to really be helping me this year.

GOOD NEWS ~ I ordered myself a brand new PC and it should be here and up and running with high-speed internet in a week or less. Yahoo ... it's about time, eh? I know, I'm so way behind ... Not for long though; soon I'll be back here regularly.

We had some ***** the other day, but had lovely all day today; and should get some more tomorrow too. Take good care & have a great week all ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

OK - 7.1 this morning so I need to seriously cut carbs. I did have a very late supper last night that included a measured ½ cup of wild rice and some ground beef so that could be it. Weight is holding at 186 - seems strange to be in the 180s as I've not seen that number since the old 80s. (Yes, I have weight records that far back!)
Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #23  
Madeleine

Ruth, thats great that you are well into the eighties, not just dipping down.
Can't wait for rosebud to get her pc and post regularly again.
My fbs was 5.1 today, and weight still the same, I will have to change the ticker up if I don't lose by the end of the week, (should i count that friday or saturday, or some would say sunday?) Is induction worth it if I lose no weight and my fbs doesn't stay down below 5, what is the point? will give it a few more days. I was really hoping that 2 weeks of induction after maintaining so long would take off about 5 pounds, but gained 1 instead, argh.
Everyone, keep up the good work, I am going to yoga tonight and will (continue to) eat right today.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I haven't fallen off the edge either! School work is really piling on and this morning I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at just shy of 23 years old!

*sigh* I've still got slightly elevated blood sugars, but my HBa1c is coming down steadily with a better diet, even if my exercise has to drastically change now! x

Hope everyone else is well! x
Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick flyby to say and I'm still here just busy. Hope everyone is doing well. Catch you later.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #26  
Madeleine

Hi to everyone, but especially cassandra, we haven't heard from you in ages girl? how are you? Apparently rather sore, sorry about the RA, and hope your treatments are helpful. I would assume they want to avoid steroids if possible due to the diabetes. Keeping to your weight loss regime may help too. Autoimmune diseases can be very tricky. I have a colleague with RA who has managed to avoid steroids, she find alfalfa capsules very helpful for her condition, I will ask what else she does. I have only seen her have one flare in the whole time I have known her (over 10 years) and that was brought on by an intolerance to a food she hadn't had before.

IN other news, still no weight loss, fbs 5.4 today, so the lower fbs was short lived. I had a great yoga session last night, and feel well, but no weight loss is getting a bit old for such a strict diet. I may stick it for the weekend tho.
ttfn
Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All! fbs was at 95 this morning and I went in for my 3 month blood draw. Yesterday was a really bad day. I had extensive dental work, I didn't eat much, and my fbs was 137 before supper. I was really bummed out. I have been sick and my numbers have been up for about 10 days.

I am looking forward to my dr appointment next week so we can discuss some of the things that are happening. I was rolling along with bs readings from 75 - 85 and lately they have been in the 90's all the time.

I am also struggling to find a way to keep my bs from rising so much during excercise. Anyone else have this experience? Any tips?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #28  

Sorry I haven't been around much. Just had to decide what I am going to do. I've tried so many things during this 10 months of learning to deal with being T2 diabetic. So many choices and so many different ideas of what you should or should not do. I know I have to get with something (as my doc said) that I can live with and also as I say that it has to fit my lifestyle. So DH and I had a talk this week after I went online and read more in regards to our first church small group meeting on learning to get healthy. They have 3 docs working with the plan... Dr. Oz (I knew from his tv show), a Dr Hyman and a Dr. Amen. I chose to opt for the Dr. Amen woe. I got one of his books yesterday.

DH and I talked about the fact that while it is important to get the BS levels down... the key is getting the weight down. I am going to go for weight loss first. I believe the blessing of being diabetic T2 is that when I get the weight off that the BS should become normal. At least that is what doctors told DH when he worked in the medical field when his first wife was diabetic. The problem she had was that she had pancreitis (sp) caused by an infection after her gall bladder was removed. She really tried to get control, but DH realizes now that she probably couldn't correct hers because of the damaged pancreas. So I feel I am blessed that I am able to change my situation.

I have been reading that even low carbers should count calories as well as carbs. So I decided that if calories count and I have to count something, I will choose to count calories. Started doing that again yesterday. I just don't want to spend my life counting calories and carbs. Besides if I want to go lower carbs and just count calories that can be done. Carbs just wouldn't be as low as Atkins etc. I plan to keep calories between 1300 to 1600 calories. After reading about the success some have zig zaging calories, I will not worry if I go over when eating out. However, I plan to handle eating out by either halfing a meal with DH or bringing half home for later. I think I actually have my mind is set for this. It seems that I am suddenly ready for it, so I believe that I can do it this time. Having done everything out there, I've lost weight with calorie counting in the past, I just got burnout on it... tired of doing it. The main thing I have to learn to remember this time is that it has to become a Lifestyle woe NOT a diet. For me a diet is something that I can get off of later when I reach goal. That is why I keep gaining weight back. But I believe that a woe that fits my lifestyle is something I know I will do for life because it's just the way I eat.

Don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me.

Y'all have a great week end.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 04-08-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #29  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post

I am also struggling to find a way to keep my bs from rising so much during excercise. Anyone else have this experience? Any tips?
Don't panic about it and don't test for a while after strenuous exercise.
It is normal and not dangerous. Make sure to hydrate well. It freaked me out for a bit, and I talked about it with my diabetic educator. Has to do with the body releasing glucose to feed the muscles that are working. It settles quickly, and the benefits overall for your sugars (reduced insulin resistance etc) is well worth it.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Don't panic about it and don't test for a while after strenuous exercise.
It is normal and not dangerous. Make sure to hydrate well. It freaked me out for a bit, and I talked about it with my diabetic educator. Has to do with the body releasing glucose to feed the muscles that are working. It settles quickly, and the benefits overall for your sugars (reduced insulin resistance etc) is well worth it.
Mad You are a jewel. I am so thankful that you explained this. When I was diabetic years ago and got everything under control by exercise and diet... lost tons of weight, my BS reading was always lower after I exercised. I was shocked this time because it was the opposite. It is always way higher after I exercise now. I said something to my doc one day that I thought that exercise was supposed to lower the BS and he said it does. I told him that it didn't lower mine, but either I didn't explain it right to him or something because he never explained to me why it was up after. I hadn't planned to write anything else, but just had to pop in and say thanks for the info. I will kinow now to wait a while after exercising before checking BS.

I've had a great OP day. CC is working great for me. Really enjoying it.
Closed Thread