Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning All!

Fbs was 92 this morning - higher than normal but still really acceptable. I was tired and a little achy but I did the Walk It Out for 35 minutes. If I force myself to start, I generally keep going.

Yes Ruth, it is pretty cool to be down there! Yesterday the "what am I going to wear" question was about Choosing

Fatmad - hope you are just busy.

Anyway, have a great day!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #92  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! Kate and Wills are now married, my weight is dead on 186.0 and BGL is 4.3. Now to keep it on track.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #93  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone, yes, have been busy, but also not eating as well as I would like. SOmeone brought the good crackers to the potluck yesterday, I can have a few, (no wheat, and lower carb than average) but I had too many. Weight is up a bit. And feeling draggy because of too much carbs no doubt. Busy weekend, got up to see the end of the wedding, (lovely dress, and with the whole world commenting about her diet and weight, I will certainly not be critical, she looked great) going out for yoga, tea with friends, visiting some other friends, tomorrow nite a couple of parties!, and Sunday dinner and a movie in Toronto with my older daughter. Lots to fit in. Gotta check the train schedule and see if I can avoid driving into Toronto.
I haven't planned eating, and just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, so not on plan at all at this point.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #94  

Morning Ruth and Fatmad!

FBS was 81 this am so I had a scant teaspoon of peanut butter before I worked out.

I am planning a trip to this bra shop where they are experts at fitting. I definitely need some help in that area!

Ruth - way to stay on track!

Fatmad, sounds like you have a busy and lovely day planned. I wish we had the smarts to have access to train/public transportation. If I want to take the train anywhere, I have to drive 4 hours on rather bad roads to get to the station. :-(

Have a good day.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #95  
Come on Spring!

FBGL still good at 4.4 and weight stable. Whew! I am pretty sure I won't meet my April weightloss goal unless I drop two pounds overnight! Today I am in complete control of my food planning with no foodie events. Tomorrow? Could be tricky as I am going to a shower but am taking a veggie tray.

I'm planning a trip to the bra shop too, Montana. I think a new bra might make my dress for the wedding fit better. The "girls" have not been fitted professionally for many years.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #96  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

fbs this am was 7.2! well, thats ridiculous. MAking plans for eating for the rest of the weekend, getting off plan and not sleeping properly together make for a terrible reading.
Will be on induction for the week, thats for sure. I didn't step on the scale, too scared to see what is there.
Ok, now lets dish on the ridiculous hats at the royal wedding, poor Princess Beatrice is the absolute worst. Lots of not so great hats, but her silly headress has made her the laughing stock. My friends on facebook have shared all kinds of silly mock ups and photoshopped pics of her and her "bow" hat.
Yesterday, when I was going out for tea, my yoga instructor took a couple of tissues and a miniature garden tool, and stuck in on my head announcing she had "created" a fascinator for me. LOL I looked ridiculously royal!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #97  
Come on Spring!

Looks like Fergie's daughters have inherited her impeccable taste in clothes and hats. How unflattering! They looked ridiculous and I was embarrassed for them. I have a wedding mid-June and hope to avoid looking one bit like them although my dress IS sort of blues and greens.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #98  

fbs was 84 this morning. Pretty good considering I finally ate that reeses peanut butter egg that I have been holding since Easter Sunday. I really wanted it and decided that I would simply hold it and if the craving didn't go away.... I would eat it. Well, I worked out extra hard yesterday and counted it in my calories and ate it last night. I so wish that I could say it wasn't good but it was lovely!

I was thinking yesterday about how much I long for the days that I didn't think that much about a little candy.... those pre-diabetes days when carb counting wasn't part of my daily life. Sometimes, even for losing weight, I wish I could go back to low fat, or low calorie - instead of low carb. I have a friend with cancer so I know I should not feel sorry for myself that I have diabetes. At least I can control it. But, some days I wish for being "normal".

I spent some time talking with my son yesterday about eating plans, etc. and the struggle he is having with attempting to cook for my DIL who is pre-diabetic. It seems that they haven't been communicating very well about what to eat now. I really hope that I helped a little.

Today, I have some work to do, it is budget time for me as an administrator of a county department. I plan to do that, work out again, and rest. It is too cold to be outside here. My kids got stranded in a blizzard on the way home to North Dakota so I am praying that they can get home safely.

Sorry - maybe I will be in a space to post a happier post later. I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #99  
Come on Spring!

Come and chat in the May thread.
Closed Thread