3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   Chatting about Diabetes - SPRING 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/167272-chatting-about-diabetes-spring-2009-a.html)

Ruthxxx 04-14-2009 07:23 AM

Hey, MEL, a pound is a pound and one a week is 52 in a year. Bet you knew that! :lol: It's nice to hear that you are feeling better. I know I do when I eat properly.

:welcome: Jersey! Yes, it is overwhelming at first. After a while though, you'll just be whelmed. It does get easier.

I didn't weigh this morning so don't know if my "perfect" day yesterday had any results. It didn't affect my BGL though :( which was 7.7/138.6 when I tested it during the night at my potty break. Meowee and I were wondering if my high readings were "dawn syndrome" but I guess not.

I did have a small ww pita with dinner rather than the stir fry with a bit of rice that I'd planned. Sometimes my day gets away from me so I made sort of a fajita in a pita instead of a tortilla. Today will be better. I plan a huge salad and a wee meatloaf from my stash - it does have oatmeal in it so there will be no other significant carb, just a green salad.

meowee 04-14-2009 07:24 AM

:wave:

My FBGL is 6.6 / 118 this morning which is okay, but a bit higher than I'd really like. Scale is a hair below 208 this morning though so I guess we will be thankful for that.

A pretty little dusting of white is covering the dirty looking brown grass roots this morning and the tips that are still sticking through definitely look fresh and green in contrast. Unfortunately, the forecast today is for more 'light flurries'. I know RUTH has sun, so I hope she brings some with her.

I remember way, way back when my meds and better eating started to kick in MEL. You don't realize how rotten you've been feeling until it's starts to lessen. :yes:

Nothing too exciting for me today. Off to the doctor this morning and then a quick trip to the grocery store -- have to make sure I'm well stocked with veggies, you know. :s:

Ruthxxx 04-14-2009 07:31 AM

And a plunger to force them down my throat! :rofl:

Jeanne88 04-14-2009 02:19 PM

Hi all and Meowee thanks for the advice. for some reason i feel better about taking it in the morning maybe because i work nights and it is just easier. i will ask the doctor tho,,seems to be working for me so far... later all have a great day,,oh and congrats on the wt loss,,Jeanne

meowee 04-15-2009 10:04 AM

:wave:

Afraid I don't feel all that great this morning. Doctor took me off the inhaler and gave me a strong antibiotic to try to clear the ongoing chest congestion and so far the tummy is not happy. Hopefully it will all be worth it, if I get the coughing under control. :shrug:

FBGL is fine at 6.2 (almost 112) and I actually didn't weigh myself this morning. :lol:

Ruthxxx 04-15-2009 10:26 AM

Sorry the darned meds are affecting you, Meowee, but hope they get the coughing controlled for you. I AM bringing my earplugs!

Well, weight was back to 200.4 this morning and BGL was 7.7 again! I just may have to do some Atkins induction to get it down but won't do it while travelling - that's be just silly!

Jeanne88 04-15-2009 11:06 AM

A foggy and cool morning but at least no snow ,,it did snow a bit yesterday but not to stick thank God,,my bs was 130 this am a little high but i am fine with it,,going to try to up the metformin a half more in the morning or night not sure which yet, I was gone so long don't know most of you tried to go back and read some anyway is nice to see so many new people,,,have a great day,,jeanne

VermontChick 04-15-2009 02:59 PM

well i had a late easter dinner last night - i ate stuffing, and instant mashed potatoes...both of which i know are big no no's. i also ate cranberry sauce.

needless to say, my FBG this am was 148 :( it spiked to 172 after i ate breakfast.

i have this stupid mentality, that once i get my bs in control, i feel compelled to 'cheat' and ruin it all, beause i feel safe.

good news is my weight was down two pounds this am. i won't log it and make it official though, not until i see if it will stay the same for the next few days, lol.

i am anxious to get home and test my FBG. at four i am meeting my brother and grandmother. we're moving into an apartment together, and i was just offered a place...so hopefully they will like it....

talk to you ladies later...

sapphire9 04-15-2009 03:08 PM

Hi, all. Been getting back into old habits. Got Easter candy from two people. Ate the jellybeans but the chocolate rabbit remains intact. My blood sugar readings, of course, reflect it. We're having cool spring weather here. Sunny but cold and windy.
Hi to all the newbies.
Jeanne, good to see you posting again. I don't post as much as I used to because this site has become difficult to navigate and I get frustrated.
Well, better get back to work before the boss catches me.

meowee 04-16-2009 11:55 AM

:grouphug:

Boy this is shaping up to be a very busy day. Spent the morning at the hospital with a friend. Have to go back to the hospital this evening for a chest x-ray. Still don't feel all that great because of the nasty chest congestion and muscle pain from all the coughing.

On the good news front . . . BGL was sitting at my favourite number this morning (5.6/99). Scale did sneak up a smidge though. It is sunny today, too but temperature is only just above freezing and it's windy.

Anyway, gotta get moving again . . . things to do and places to go before Ruth gets here.

Have a good day, gang. :wave:

VermontChick 04-17-2009 07:27 AM

hello...well i am still experiencing those early morning highs. i set my clock to get up at 2 am to see if it was high then, and it wasn't. i guess that means my highs are due to hormonal releases, and there really isn't a lot i can do to combat them.
it's hard to tell, cause my level was 123 before bed, 128 at 2 am, and then when i woke up it was 131. those numbers seem to be too close together to make a definitive decision. i suppose i can try again tonight.
i am doing great on vegetables, but not so great about tracking all the food i am eating. i haven't been snacking a lot, so i am pretty sure that i am staying under my points.
i have so much going on with work..and i will soon be in the process of moving (i was just offered an apartment).
gah.

meowee 04-17-2009 07:36 AM

Good Morning . . .

Think I'll be a little scarce around here for the rest of this month. My cousin, Jamie (we've been as close as brother and sister all our lives) finally lost a long battle with cancer yesterday.

Now, as I mentioned before, Ruthxxx is arriving today to spend the weekend with me. Guess I'll try to get on the same flight as she is on for the trip to Ontario on Monday morning. This should time out okay because his oldest son told me last night that there will be an autopsy to verify cause of death (something to do with the fact that he was a fireman). He will then be cremated and then there will be a memorial service. Liam didn't think anything much would be happening before next week anyway.

So, if you need assistance and can't find me, just scream for another Mod and someone will show up -- probably Ruthxxx.

Now if you want a roller coaster of FBGL . . . last night at 11:30, I bottomed out at 3.0 / 54 . . . got up and ate enough food to treat half a dozen lows; went back to bed and got up at 6:30 am and the FBGL was 9.2 / 166. An hour later it was 7.2 / 130. Decided that was good enough to stop bothering to test anymore.

What I'm trying to say, MEL is stop fretting so much and stop wearing out your fingers.

See you all later. :grouphug:

VermontChick 04-17-2009 11:01 AM

Meowee -

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. I am glad you are going to be closer to your family during this rough time.

I know this all sounds so cliche, but I just never know what to say when someone experiences loss like this.

activeadventurer 04-18-2009 08:45 AM

Meowee,

I am truly sorry to hear about all of your difficulties. It is always difficult to lose someone and, in my own experience, cancer can really wear you down when a loved one has faced that challenge. I hope your medical attention is helping your chest congestion and coughing. I am really glad that Ruth will be there with you this weekend.

Renacer 04-19-2009 12:13 PM

My condolences, meowee.