Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #166  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Lynn,,hi ,,I check my bs 2 hours after eating,,,and go with that number,,hope that helps,,,Jeanne
Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Howdy all!

I had another wonderfully peaceful no wakey uppy night! YAY! I think I've finally found something that really works for me and i want to stick with it!

My blood sugar was 64 this morning, a wee bit low, perhaps, but I didnt feel bad at all this morning, as a matter of fact, I'm about to head out and treat myself to the new HP movie! hugs xxx
Old 07-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #168  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Looks like I'm in the computer world again. Also looks like another nice day here in Atlantic Canada. Unfortunately, rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Oh well, I guess this isn't Camelot. My BGL is not being terrifically cooperative this morning at 7.3 (131). Definitely higher than it was at bedtime last night. I get so tired of this nonsense.

Another FFFF for your enjoyment . . .

Some people actually polish their leather shoes with banana peels. Apparently the slippery skin conditions and shines shoes very nicely. What if shoes were actually made from banana peels. Would we call them slippers?

Anyway . . . got to get about my rounds. Other than that, nothing too exciting in my plans for the day. Trying to keep up with the "kitten kapers" will probably be challenging enough. Have a great day eveybody and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #169  
Happy New Rears!

Good morning everyone,

BG was 5.7 this morning or 102, if you prefer I don't think that's too bad considering a few hours after my nice healthy dinner last night I had a big bite of my hubby's greasy lambchop - I just couldn't resist.

Casandra - have fun at Harry Potter!

meowee, I was changing the sheets today on my bed and all the cats came to lounge and get in my way - they love to lie on the bed when I'm trying to change the bedding, little devils.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

EEEEE! Something amazing happened to me at Subway today... yes, yes, I LOVE Subway... anyway...today I heard the most flattering thing!

I got a 6" Oven Roasted Chicken sub with no cheese (they're only under 6 grams of fat without the cheese). The Subway guy asked me, "No cheese? Do you have bacon on this or something?" I said no. He said, "Wow... ok. I like mine with cheese or bacon. Are you sure this isn't bland?" I said, "Nope, it's not..." then I asked for pretty much every vegetable they had inside my sub, and sweet onion sauce. He said, "All those vegetables... you're really into taking care of yourself, aren't you?" I said, "Of course. I'm trying to lose weight." He said, "Why? You already have a hot bod. Look at those muscles!"

I walked out of there VERY happy!

Blood sugar wise, I've had more lows than I have had highs for the last couple days, but that's to be expected when I've been super active. Over the weekends, I get lazy and my numbers sometimes jump all over the map.

Before weight loss, I was totally disinterested in the idea of getting an insulin pump to regulate my blood sugars better, but I think once I hit GW, I might look into it. See, call me vain, but I don't like the idea of having something attached to me when I'm still fat by my standards. When I have a hot, ripped bod, THEN I'll be more open to it. It seems to be a more and more appealing option, the thinner I get.

I've been trying to motivate myself to work out more over the weekends (I make sure I exercise every day, but I'll be lucky to get 15-30 minutes of exercise then), but nothing works. I just want to sit around and be a lazybutt.

In other news, I've been seeing 158 and 159 on the scale, but only right when I get home from work (usually sweaty, so possibly dehydrated) and right when I wake up in the morning (in the buff, post-bathroom). Once I steadily see the scale telling me numbers below 160, I'll change my ticker.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #171  
Onward and Downward

Hi THIN . . . Almost every morning I make the bed with at least one cat in it . . . since I'm not a 'side-tucker', they just slither on out again and usually don't even leave a wrinkle. Guess they are getting used to it.

Hi SHANE . . . Wow that really is a fabulous NSV. Feel free to walk on for a bit. You deserve it.

I'm feeling strangly draggy this afternoon . . . for some reason I have a sore eye . . . like there's something in it, but there isn't? Weird. Probably an alergy to the 'whirling dervishes' - what I'm calling the terrible kitten trio today.

Anyway . . . Have a really fun afternoon . . . toodles for now . . .
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #172  

Hello everyone! It has been raining off and on all day..and we had BAD thunder and lightning for a period of time too. I am hoping the cook out at the church is cancelled tonight because I do not want to go.

I cut my finger pretty deeply in the studio earlier, and I can tell it is going to curtail my working for a few days. It was bleeding really badly and I got blood all over my shirt before I could get up to the sink. Should have checked my sugar levels!

Speaking of bg, mine were a sane 123 this morning. I can't seem to get it down any further. With all the rain over the past few days, I have not been able to get in the pool. This morning I could not because we shocked it last night, so I went for a walk instead. It has been a while since I walked and I actually enjoyed it.

I hope everyone is doing well! Off to get some stuff done.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #173  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
He said, "Why? You already have a hot bod. Look at those muscles!"

I walked out of there VERY happy!
Shane, you are a force to be reckoned with! LOL Good for you

I understand what you mean about being more open to things as you lose weight. Right now I will only exercise if my husband is out, I need my privacy and just can't do it with him in the house, but now that I've lost some weight I am feeling 'better' about him being home and doing my cardio. This is a good thing as I was skipping days because of him being home.

Meowee, cats are such fun, dog people don't know what they are missing

Today I am feeling heavy and slow, my stomach seems bigger and bloated, I feel like I've gained weight although that shouldn't be as I am eating so well and doing my cardio. I just feel blah about it. Hopefully tomorrow it will go away.

I am going on a cruise in 4 months to Italy, Greece, Turkey & Egypt, today the shore excursions came out and I had fun booking the different tours we are going to do. I booked one that invloves hiking up to the rim of Vesuvius (the Volcano!) 2 months ago I would have laughed if you told me I would be booking something like this, impossible at the time... but possible now, I am excited to be getting out there and living life again.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #174  

Height: 5.6

Shane - Your NSV was awesome!! That had to be so excellent!

Monet - Take care of yourself and your finger......

Meowee - You have very talented cats if they can get out without messing up the bed... LOL

Thin - The cruise sounds wonderful - you have to be so excited.

My SL's have been great today. I did day two of the C25K program..... Did pretty good...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #175  

Yay Shane!

boo @ me. I'm so upset today. I feel like crying. Yesterday, my fiance told me that he was going out to dinner with coworkers on Friday. Shouldnt be a big deal, right? Except he's be out more times with his work than he's been out with me. And I'm half to tears, because not only to I feel like crap already this week (period and all that drama). He never takes me out anywhere and sometimes i just think to myself "no wonder I'm a social outcast here"

Whenever I voice the above to my fiance he gets really ticked off any angry with me and moans that I'm always complaining about stuff.

Anywho, all this sad and crying has made my blood sugars go nasty woke up at 211 this morning, and tbh right now, I just dont feel like taking care of myself.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #176  
Happy New Rears!

Casandra

Is work paying for his night out? I was wondering if that is the difference, going out for dinner can be expensive and could be one of the reasons you do go out that often.

Please don't be down on yourself like that, you NEED to take care of yourself, because you're worth it!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #177  

He will probably have it all paid for, his boss is loaded. But still, this is the issue, he's been out more times with work than with me since we moved here 4 months ago...and the big total number of times he's been out with work? Two.

That's the problem I have. We've been out once for my birthday, but not at all else. And I wont stop taking care of myself, I just really needed a lie down and just some time alone. Our bunny wouldnt stop biting his cage, making all sorts of racket, then when I went to make breakfast toast...the toaster wouldnt work.

I didnt get any sleep last night, and I felt so sick. I dont know what's up with me like, but I dont like it at all.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #178  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi All. Raffaella here. I joined a while back but haven't posted yet. Just been doing a lot of reading.

I lost my Accu-Check machine last week so I don't know what my sugar levels have been. I'm due for labwork next month so I'll ask the dr for a new Rx.

I have a mosquito bite that got infected over 2 weeks ago that I've been seeing mr dr. about. He's sending me to a dermatologist to see if something else is going on because I should have healed by now. I know what's going on...I'm super stressed so I think my immune system isn't working properly plus I'm diabetic. Let's hope the dermatologist can help.

Other than that things have been good. I've been busy at the kennel and museum I volunteer with and have been trying to keep my mind off my husband.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #179  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Guess I had another one of those nights . . . BGL this morning was 8.4 (151) as compared to 5.8 (104) at bedtime last night. What a pain in the **** this stupid disease is. It's also raining like mad here this morning and that never helps my mood. AND . . . the dumb blond (Frickle) pee'd on the couch AGAIN. Anyway, enough for now.

Welcome BELLA . . . good to see you posting. I'm allergic to insect venom and believe me some of my mosquito bites have been 'interesting' to say the least. Then, of course, you get caught in a vicious circle of stress and high sugar levels. Good luck and hope we'll be seeing you more regularly from now on.

Awwww CASANDRA . . . so sorry for your emotional turmoil. That (the really high BGL) is a classic stress reaction to that kind of upset and we are certainly glad to hear you say that you are going to keep on keeping on doing the good stuff. Men can be real idiots sometimes and he probably only gets angry because he knows he's upsetting you and then he feels guilty about it. Hang in there chickie.

So sorry to hear about your finger MONET . . . Know how important your work is to you. Take care and you'll be back at the wheel in no time.

Hi to everybody else too. Keep on doing the good stuff gang. . .

Here's a couple of FFFF for today . . . both related to that good friend of every dieter . . . poultry (without the skin, of course).

Did you know that removing the skin from chicken reduces the fat content (and it's the bad old saturated kind) by a whopping 50%. WOW.

The expression " to get a lucky break" originated nearly 2,500 years ago from the familiar custom of two people each making a wish while tugging on the clavicle of a foul. Even today, getting the bigger half of "the wishbone" is supposed to make your wish come true.

Here's an interesting article from Everyday Health discussing the merits of good old Metformin as compared to some of the newer drugs for controlling Type II . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...8.xml&cen=News.

Anyway . . . I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you all later . . .
Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #180  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

HI to all this morning bs 82 this morning,,,but feeling tired,,don't think I have recouped from last week yet,,this getting old is for the birds,,,ha,,it is raining like cats and dogs here this morning,,but with all the firers surrounding us we need it bad,,,everything is just so dry,,,there are at least 6 fires around us,,very smokie again today,,,well thats it here,,,take care all ,,i sure am missing some of our regulars that post,,,,later,,Jeanne HAVE A FABULOUS DAY !!!!!
Closed Thread