Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes - July '07

Here we go -- it's another brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . to our new monthly chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" (Sticky) thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

. . . and what does 227 mean to me this morning (no that's not the 'question of the day') . . . that's what both my scale and my BGL metre said this morning.

The BGL of 12.6 (227) . . . well I guess I had a hypo not long before I woke up. Thanks Liver. The weight . . . well I bet it will continue to hover at nice numbers like that until Wednesday (my official wwi) when it will shoot back up to 229.8, again. Hey it's nice to know that 'lower' is in my future somewhere. No place to go but forward and downward (I hope).

Anyway . . . wakey, wakey all you sleepyheads . . . it's Canada Day for all the canuks among us and almost the 4th for all the yankees. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking day planned. I've got a few more places to start the new monthly ball rolling and then I'll be back. See you later . . .
Old 07-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Canada Day, indeed! ing eastward at Meowee. I hope your BGL stabilizes for you. Nice to have lost weight though!

A bit of a shocker today when I read my old journals for July 1 in previous years. On this date in 1986, I hit the 200 mark and haven't looked back since. That's 21 years ago!

This is the month I WILL lose 5 pounds and get back into the 190s and keep on going! My BGL has been pretty darn good lately and I go for bloodwork Tuesday. Now that I've conquered that it's time to tackle the elephant in the closet - my weight.

Have a lovely Sunday!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone

This is the first time I've posted into one of the chat threads on this forum, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

It's 9:24 AM here, and I woke up around 8. I WANTED to sleep in longer, but since I wake up at 5:30 for the work days, I'm just in the habit of being an early riser. I used to be such a night person, too... but staying up to party at night on the weekends for me now requires Red Bull. Haha! Yeah, no alcohol, I've sworn that off until I lose weight. I haven't drank at all since St. Patty's Day. Shocker. (I'm Irish...)

Ruth, I know you can get back into the 190's Losing 5 pounds in a month is a reasonable goal. I'd personally like to lose 8 this month, just because not being overweight anymore would be lovely. That was the initial goal I set for my birthday (August 18th, says so in my sig), but I have a feeling I miiiiight be able to reach it sooner.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . .

GO RUTH GO . . . After 21 years you are definitely due to see "Onderland" again . . . you can do it . . .

GO SHANE GO . . . Glad to have you joining us. You can do it, too, chickie. . .

A July weight-loss-goal for me . . . hey I'll be happy to turn that 227 into reality. Anything else would be 'icing on the cake'. OMG now I've made myself hungry.

Here's a little question for today . . . Do you ever feel like you are supporting AMAZON all by yourself? . . . just a litte seque to lead you to . . .
http://www.3fatchicks.com/store.php . . .

Once there, you can connect directly to Amazon.com (via the link under the search box) or to Amazon.ca or to Amazon.co.uk (via the appropriate little box at the upper right of the screen). And why, you ask, should you go that route . . . because everytime you place an Amazon order, you can help support this wonderful 'free' site we call home . . . a tiny percentage of all sales made through this connection goes directly to 3FC and it definitely makes no difference to the cost of the order for each of us. So . . . you know what to do the next time you get that urge to "shop".

See you all later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 07-01-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #6  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, Hi Shane & welcome to the chat thread.

We have something in common, the last alcoholic drink I had was March 17th!

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians, we are going to a Canada Day party at my hubby's golf club, they set up tables with red & white on the driving range. They have a live band, all kinds of those jumpy things for the kids, clowns, face painters, a BBQ, bar , and cake and fireworks at 10pm. It's going to be a long day.

Last night I fell apart, I was doing so well, my regular breakfast/lunch. did my cardio and walked for 2 hours at the mall. It was so stupid, I went to put the dishes in the dishwasher and there was part of my husbands dinner on the counter, some sourdough bread and butter on a plate. I couldn't stop myself - I ate 2 big pieces with butter and then my daughter brought down her plate and she had a piece of pizza sitting on it that she didn't eat, I ate it.

I don't know what the **** happened, honestly I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't seen the food - if they had scraped their plates in the garbage, I wouldn't have cheated

My BG was up this morning too, 12.1/217. Lets see what damage I do at the BBQ later
Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Hi THIN . . . Looks like we were posting at the same time. You've got to get them trained to scrape their own plates, kiddo . . . YELL LOUDER.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #8  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

This is the month I WILL lose 5 pounds and get back into the 190s and keep on going!
For sure you will! I KNOW you will. It felt so good to see that 198 on the scale the other day for me. I want to stay on this side of 200 forever.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #9  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi THIN . . . Looks like we were posting at the same time. You've got to get them trained to scrape their own plates, kiddo . . . YELL LOUDER.
I know, I know - I'll have to hold a little family meeting
Old 07-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  

Morning! I am sporting a summer cold and feeling miserable. At least the sore throat is clearing up today. My bg was up this morning at 144, which I am sure was because of being sick. It has been so steady around 115 to 120. I was not able to exercise the last two days because of being sick so I am sure that did not help either.

Onederland..seems like an impossible dream to me. I hope you make it RUTH, and SHANE, good luck to you too! You can do it! Congrats to you, THINGIRL on making it to Onederland!

I am going to go lay around and read. I hope this stupid cold improves soon. I am sucking down hot tea,and taking extra vitamin C....

Old 07-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #11  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all. Happy Canada Day to all my northern friends. I've had a couple of my grands here since Fri. Helping me get some yard work done. We've been busy. I'm just grateful they're willing to come over and do stuff like that for me. We all were pretty knackered by bedtime last night. But it's nice to have the help. All we have left to do today is get the clippings & stuff to the alley for pickup.

Welcome Shane. Ruth, you can do it - onederland is right there for the taking. Meowee - well, at least you already have a lot of precooked meals done. However, I don't know that I could eat that many berries. . Thin, don't beat yourself up about your slip. It happens to all of us - we've all been there. If we were perfect - how boring would that be?? Monet - sending healing thoughts your way. There is nothing worse than a summer cold. You feel bad, and the weather is unbearable too. Have a nice lazy day.

Oh amazon - I LOVE amazon. Whenever I ask my family what they want for b'days, etc. they always say "amazon gift certificate". Works for me - I HATE to shop. Would rather have my fingernails pulled out.

Gotta go get the grands moving. Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #12  

Morning everyone.. cloudy and looks like rain here and boy do we need rain..the grkids have been at my dd and the dh is at the cabin so i have been a free bird the last few days.. my girlfriend came and gave me a perm and haircut yesterday and we spent the day girl talking and laughing.. it was really enjoyable and my hair looks great..i did some sewing on a new blouse but ended up frustrated.. i made it to big and then had to rip out the seams and resewed it and it still didnt fit right so a threw in the corner of my couch and watched a movieand im going to work on it today..becuz of my weight loss the old pattern has to be readjusted.. and thats agood thing right..my sl was 77 this am a bit low for me.. my eating has been a bit out of wack not overly so but im scared to step on the scale..dont want a gain..congrats to all who are loosing welcome shane..and happy canada day meowee and the other candians..monet am sry u are under the weather get better soon.. thin i have done the same thing as my dh doesnt scrape his palte either..i love amazon too and order from the all the time..ill check in on u all later ..i see that blouse all balled up on the couch and want to make it fit befor the grkids get back later this afternoon..(((hugs))) for all rosey
Old 07-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

BSL not been so good lately, between 12-15 in the mornings!! It always starts around 4am, I just start having to pee every 30 minutes, and I eventually get tired of it and take 10 units and go back to bed! I am still waiting to see a doctor, I have an appointment tomorrow though, so hopefully I can get things taken care of.

I also have to get my knee seen to. I had a particularly nasty fall down the stairs at the beginning of last week, and now my knee is so sore!

Still at 182lbs, I didnt lose any this week, but I havent been following my diet strictly exercise wise because of my knee, I cant bend it! I'm glad I havent gained any though!

I've been a bit stressed lately as well. I've just found out that our landlady is selling the house we're living in, so we only have 3 months left here before we have to move, and my fiance has brought up the "M" word...(mortgage)

We got some pretty depressing news on how much we could borrow on just my fiance's salary, but the day after, I got a permanent job working around the corner from his office! So, not only will we have the extra income (although the job will probably be very very dull in my eyes, but it is money!) but we can also carpool to and from work, saving money on petrol and things! Yay, I guess. We will however, be able to afford a decent first home now.

I spent today lounging around, and I read the 5th and 6th Harry Potter Books over again today, I didnt think I was going to finish them both, but I did. I'm off to bed soon, its 10:30pm here now, hubby isnt home yet, and I never ate dinner, as he kindly forgot to mention he wasnt going to be home for dinner a good 4 hours ago! lol MEN!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Don't forget, Casandra, that pain (from the knee injury) and stress (from the apartment situation and the job hunting) may be heloing to raise your BG levels, too. Hopefully, you'll get a pleasant surprise when things start to calm down again and when the knee starts to mend.

Hi Monet . . . hope you are soon feeling better.

Hi Rosey . . . good luck with the blouse.

Hi Soiley . . . wish my family was that considerate.

Well . . . my day is ending . . . so here's the food log for today . . .

B --- 2 coffee; HF cereal, skim milk, grapes
S --- apple with 2 Tbsp peanut butter
L --- protein pancakes with mixed berries
S --- nothing
D --- Big spinach salad with shrimp and LF Feta cheese
S --- Mixed berries with cool whip

W --- 96 oz / 3000 ml

And that, thank goodness for small mercies, is the end of those berries.

Have a great evening, gang . . . see you in the morning . . .
Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #15  
Happy New Rears!

Casandra, congrats on your new job and good luck with your doctor appointment. I hope your knee is feeling better soon. I just noticed you are in Wales, I have been there once to Llagollen (I think that's the spelling) are you anywhere near there?

Rosey, I admire anyone who can sew, I am hopeless and can only hem with that stuff you melt with the iron, (easy bond?) something like that,.

meowee, you are making me crave feta cheese, yum. I will have to look for some LF variety soon.

Well I just returned from the club Canada Day party - it was FREEZING! OMG it was so cold, all the kids were bundled up, adults too, my face and hands were like ice. What is up with the weather?, everyone complains about global warming but I am freezing in July.

Anyway, I didn't do to badly with the food. I had a hamburger patty (no bun) with tomatoes, onion, a nice salad with a tiny bit of balsamic dressing and some big slices of watermelon and a diet coke.

It was hard to resist the potato and pasta salads and dessert, but I did it. I also managed to do my cardio today so I feel pretty good after failing miserable last night with the pizza and bread.

Sleep well everyone, see you tomorrow!
Closed Thread